Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Colchester Utd Away

I can completely understand why they are unhappy, I mean come on, every single one of us would have been greatly angered had we got our pretty good manager stolen. Having said that, they seem to have a good replacement. Anyway I think Its just a tad pathetic giving us a small amount of seats, because that means fans like me, arent garunteed a seat now, just because something the club has done. [:''(] Plus, I cant see them filling it anyway.

I thought there were plenty of Col u threads already? But...

Colchester have to allow about 1,000 away supporters, the North stand at WHCS holds 1,940, so that is what Norwich have been provided with. that is the same as all other clubs that have visited WHCS - except for Leeds.

Norwich have asked for more and been refused (in no uncertain terms) If Cowling had acquiesced to the demand, Norwich would have had a total of over three thousand - and yes tin pot club, not a problem blah blah could be argued. But that would leave about 6.7K for Colchester fans (after segregation), now, for last season''s Southend match there were around 6.8K of home tickets sold, and as demand for this game could possibly have been that high it would possibly inconvenience some very part-time Colchester fans.

The other point is that whilst Cowling''s statements have got up a few noses and made him very unpopular in Norfolk, he is being hailed as a legend by some of the Colchester faithful - if he had allowed Norwich the extra tickets his standing in Essex would have taken a nose dive - he had enough grief when he allowed Leeds to have extra tickets. I think he knows he may lose a bit of money in the short term, but long term he is attempting to get more people in the WHCS, and I''m sure, with the number of casual Ipswich fans in and around North Essex, he is not doing himself any harm with provocative anti-Norwich rhetoric.

I don''t mean to be some sort of party pooper, or forum meanie, but haven''t we done this to death already?[:)]

[quote user="morty"]I don''t mean to be some sort of party pooper, or forum meanie, but haven''t we done this to death already?

[:)]
[/quote]

Yep,and we don''t want to attract any more Col u fans.This site is crawling with them as it is!

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]I wonder if Mr Cowling''s standing in Essex will take a dive if the truth about his handling of the dispute emerges at the forthcoming Tribunal.

[/quote]

The truth will never emerge will it?

Tribunals are held behind closed doors, the result of which will be Colchester getting an undisclosed amount of compensation - which Cowling will say he is satisfied with and which McNally will be quoted as saying is a fair amount.

[quote user="jibbajabba"][quote user="Empty Mirror"]I wonder if Mr Cowling''s standing in Essex will take a dive if the truth about his handling of the dispute emerges at the forthcoming Tribunal.

[/quote]

The truth will never emerge will it?

Tribunals are held behind closed doors, the result of which will be Colchester getting an undisclosed amount of compensation - which Cowling will say he is satisfied with and which McNally will be quoted as saying is a fair amount.[/quote]

Briilant, I never knew that

[quote user="morty"]I don''t mean to be some sort of party pooper, or forum meanie, but haven''t we done this to death already?[:)][/quote]Apologies on that [Y] I aint been on pc in a good few days.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="morty"]I don''t mean to be some sort of party pooper, or forum meanie, but haven''t we done this to death already?[:)][/quote]Apologies on that [Y] I aint been on pc in a good few days. [/quote]*[N]

Lets all forget the tribunal,forget where you are all sitting and just all have a beer up together when you are in town and do what we all do best..take the p**s out of Ipsh*t

[quote user="jibbajabba"][quote user="Empty Mirror"]I wonder if Mr Cowling''s standing in Essex will take a dive if the truth about his handling of the dispute emerges at the forthcoming Tribunal.

[/quote] The truth will never emerge will it? Tribunals are held behind closed doors, the result of which will be Colchester getting an undisclosed amount of compensation - which Cowling will say he is satisfied with and which McNally will be quoted as saying is a fair amount.[/quote]

Unless they have recently changed the rules the Commission, in the past, have always issued a summary of their findings, prepared by the Clerk to the Commission.

[quote user="cufcone"]Lets all forget the tribunal,forget where you are all sitting and just all have a beer up together when you are in town and do what we all do best..take the p**s out of Ipsh*t[/quote]

Amen to that brother[Y]

[quote user="cufcone"]Lets all forget the tribunal,forget where you are all sitting and just all have a beer up together when you are in town and do what we all do best..take the p**s out of Ipsh*t[/quote]We only hate Wolves and Ipswich.[:)]

[quote user="Gus"]Don''t worry, Lisbie will save us from League 1 football![/quote]Isn''t he off back to Ipswich in January though?

[quote user="cufcone"]Lets all forget the tribunal,forget where you are all sitting and just all have a beer up together when you are in town and do what we all do best..take the p**s out of Ipsh*t[/quote]

Hurrah

[B]