Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Stephen Hughes

Yup, I''ve liked the look of him from the start. Plays it simple but also has plenty of clever touches and passes in his locker.

Right decision to bring him on as Adeyemi was well out of his depth today.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Well done today Hughesy.Made a difference when he came on, rarely wasted possession and got some good balls in.Good chance from Lambert, this guy must start a game now![/quote]Agree.I think the reason for just sub appearances so far is that he has been building up his fitness, I don''t think its long before he''s a starter.

He''s been a super sub all season, so hopefully that transfers to being a super starter.  If not, keep him on the bench and bring him on to spark something when needed.

Hughes has got a bit of class that could play at a higher level- the Championship!

Adeyemi was well of the pace today - He''ll have to develop more of an engine if hes to ever fully establish himself at Carrow Road. You can see why Smith has gone ahead of him in the pecking order!

Good decision to swap Adeyemi for Hughes at half time!

Man v Boy at the moment. The youngster has potential whilst Hughes fits the bill now. I was surprised he did not start when Smith was not available and he made a significant impact after half time allowing Hoolahan to move further forward and do his damage

Agreed CUSDP... [Y]

Hughes down the right hand side of midfield if Smith is not fit and McNamee in down the left for Lappin for me.

Alternatively, if everybody is fit, then Hughes in for Lappin down the left using McNamee as an impact player when required during the last 20 to 30 mins.

We always look a little more creative and solid at the back when Hughes is on the field.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Agreed CUSDP... [Y]

Hughes down the right hand side of midfield if Smith is not fit and McNamee in down the left for Lappin for me.

Alternatively, if everybody is fit, then Hughes in for Lappin down the left using McNamee as an impact player when required during the last 20 to 30 mins.

We always look a little more creative and solid at the back when Hughes is on the field.

[/quote]Does that mean you dont want to drop Wes [:o]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Agreed CUSDP... [Y]

[/quote]
Does that mean you dont want to drop Wes [:o]
[/quote]

It certainly does at this moment in time [;)] and as for Ginger Pele... well I am just lost for words... I have heard that he has been called in for drug testing!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Agreed CUSDP... [Y]

[/quote]Does that mean you dont want to drop Wes [:o][/quote]

It certainly does at this moment in time [;)] and as for Ginger Pele... well I am just lost for words... I have heard that he has been called in for drug testing!

[/quote]Horse Tranqs I heard. As for Wes I was tempted to dig out your quote along the lines of ''come back and ask me after he has scored 15 goals.'' Not far away now [;)]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Agreed CUSDP... [Y]

[/quote]
Does that mean you dont want to drop Wes [:o]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Horse Tranqs I heard.
As for Wes I was tempted to dig out your quote along the lines of ''come back and ask me after he has scored 15 goals.'' Not far away now [;)]
[/quote]

Well Wes has certainly played his part his year (as have many others).

Credit where it is due... Well done WES, hopefully you can keep it going!

It will be interesting to see if he could deliver the same quality of performances in the Championship next season, playing in the right system with good players around him and a manager who knows how to get the best out of him (if we are fortunate enough to see him here in a promotion winning side).

A very good substitution by Lambert, things needed moving in midfield and Hughes provided just that. Made some very good runs drawing players away from the strikers.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Agreed CUSDP... [Y]

[/quote]

what `appened  mr scrooge ?[:D]

Yes Hughes played well today and gave us a lot more dominantcy in the meidfield.  However even when he was on the pitch I still thought we missed Smith and I hope Smith is back in the team ASAP.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Korey Smith or Stephen Hughes?Could you play him, Smith and Russell without unbalancing things?[/quote]IMO no. Lappin on the left does mean we can push the ball out left and his set piece delivery is invaluable. To be fair Smith is only young and Hughes seems to have some fitness issues so having both of them means we can rotate a bit.

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]Just can''t understand why Hughes isn''t a first team regular. He keeps it simple and has class. I would even have him in the team ahead of Korey Smith.[/quote]I don''t think he has the fitness yet for a full match is my best guess.Smith has been excellent though.

I really like Hughes, he is good on the ball and works hard for the team. I think he would get in just about any other team in the division (maybe not Leeds).You know when things are going well at the club, when Smudger seems happy with all things Norwich.

Think it''s 1 of either Smith or Hughes at the moment, and Smith continuses to the business. Now that Hughes has come in and also done well, it will be hard for Lambert to decide next match now. I think Hoolahan, Martin and Holt are irreplaceable at the moment, as is Rusty. Lappin has to be in the team in my opinion, he may not be as good a footballer as Hughes, but his Left foot and set pieces are needed. Hughes wouldn''t be as good as he is playing down the left.As for the defence, it had seemed to me that Askou + other works, Nelson and Doc is a no go, but they seemed to do the job today, maybe it''s now semmi is out of the side, so R Martin can help out when the Doc, Nelson partnership shakes

Adyemi is not the type of player to play in the diamond, he''s a 4-4-2 player or even a 3-5-2 but he doesnt adapt to the diamond and hassle payers for the ball like Korey.

Hughes has shown today why he is on £7k a week, he was pure quality today.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Agreed CUSDP... [Y]

[/quote]Does that mean you dont want to drop Wes [:o][/quote]

[/quote]Horse Tranqs I heard. As for Wes I was tempted to dig out your quote along the lines of ''come back and ask me after he has scored 15 goals.'' Not far away now [;)][/quote]

Well Wes has certainly played his part his year (as have many others).

Credit where it is due... Well done WES, hopefully you can keep it going!

It will be interesting to see if he could deliver the same quality of performances in the Championship next season, playing in the right system with good players around him and a manager who knows how to get the best out of him (if we are fortunate enough to see him here in a promotion winning side).

[/quote][:O] [:O] [:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O] Never thought I''d see the day.