Sign in to follow this  
W-H

Official Theo tribute thread

Although his departure from Carrow Road has yet to be officially confirmed, I would like to put on record my thoughts on the legend that was Michael Thalidomides.

Having beaten my tally of league appearances for NCFC by one and fallen a mere 99 short of his hundred, it will be hard to come to terms with the loss of such a great.

Keelan, Gunn, Green ... were also goalkeepers and whilst Norwich fans will look back with affection at the Col U game when MT kept a clean sheet for almost the first 8 minutes, his class shone through as he deftly plucked the ball from the back of the net seven times.

I admired his environmental credentials as he took a stand against the destruction of the planet by refusing to travel to Gillingham thus reducing his carbon hoof print. Whilst he was given the no1 shirt I suspect that most fans will remember him as a true no 2.

Its a shame he is off back to Australia, I would have preferred him to have stayed in East Anglia - Ipswich perhaps or even Colchester (not Posh coz I quite like them).

Even more saddening is that he played more games than Maric [:''(]

I would like to say what a pleasure it was to see Theokliotheoitos turn out for a great club like Norwich City and that his presence will be greatly missed. I''d like to say that, but unfortunately etc etc...

lol @ all of this.. so is it true he''s off then? Good riddance.. although I expect he''ll miss the plane, like he does most things that fly over him.

Hopefully from the 7-1  home defeat at the start of the season, which is what Theo is always linked with, everyone will learn that a really good player the other side of the world, is not even the equivalent of a reserve in English football

[quote user="HazzaJet"]Hopefully from the 7-1  home defeat at the start of the season, which is what Theo is always linked with, everyone will learn that a really good player the other side of the world, is not even the equivalent of a reserve in English football[/quote]So in other words, maybe somewhere, someplace Jamie Cureton is a top drawer striker ?

Could we have a Huckerby-esque goodbye for him if we kick up enough of a fuss? I''m sure Carrow Road would love to say goodbye to him. Although if we threw him a goodbye do, he''d probably drop it...

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="HazzaJet"]Hopefully from the 7-1  home defeat at the start of the season, which is what Theo is always linked with, everyone will learn that a really good player the other side of the world, is not even the equivalent of a reserve in English football[/quote]So in other words, maybe somewhere, someplace Jamie Cureton is a top drawer striker ?[/quote]If he went with Theo he probably would be. Let''s not forget that Australia isn''t really a football country, and that the best players in the world always seem to come from the same countries - the majority come from Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy and England. - I''ve never heard of an Aussie who was a world-wide footballing legend.Cureton may only be a bench-warmer here, but I reckon if he was playing at a club in Australia, he would probably be the best striker at that clubAustralia never got close to winning the world cup did they?

good call ... i have never seen such a poor keeper in norwich colours . what baffles me is australia are not a bad national side and he has been praised highly in the aussie media . ?.... is the leauge standard in the land of oz that poor..? . thats one player im more than happy to see go . as described in another article i have just read of which i agree . he is the worst norwich signing for at least a decade.

[quote user="singing canary"]good call ... i have never seen such a poor keeper in norwich colours . what baffles me is australia are not a bad national side and he has been praised highly in the aussie media . ?.... is the leauge standard in the land of oz that poor..? . thats one player im more than happy to see go . as described in another article i have just read of which i agree . he is the worst norwich signing for at least a decade.[/quote]good aussies play and develop here, every other aussie is crap and the leagues are made up of them and old english players on a sunshine break.

Thank you Mr Theosomethingorother,if it wasn''t for your ineptitude,we may have been lumbered with Gunn for the rest of the season.So cheers[Y]

[quote user="Curious Canary"]Could we have a Huckerby-esque goodbye for him if we kick up enough of a fuss? I''m sure Carrow Road would love to say goodbye to him. Although if we threw him a goodbye do, he''d probably drop it...
[/quote]

he could come back at some point and be introduced on the pitch with the man who bought him here like huckerby did with carl moore  [:D]

Goodbye Theo and I wish you more success back at home - I think that you actually helped us get from 24th to 3rd in the table!

Yes, he was truly awful in that first game, but what a nightmare for him. I feel very sorry for him. Comes to the other side of the world. Gets 7 goals knocked past him. Is ridiculed on every NCFC message board. Gets dropped. Gets sent back to Australia. God knows what it must have done to his confidence as a keeper and as a person. Clearly he was not good enough for us, but I really hope he does well back in Oz. I know the whole episode was embarrassing for all concerned, but in the end it was the people who brought him here and played him, when he was not up to the job, who need to be the most embarrassed.

Firstly, Melbourne Heart at this stage have denied having any discussion with either Norwich or Theo.  And Theo has denied he''s going back - at this stage.The sentiment on this thread is quite pathetic.  Talk about whipping boy - is this what supporting your club is all about?  Theo had a shocker in a game in which the entire Norwich defence had a shocker.  His failure to turn up to the Gillingham fixture was inexcusable, and he copped the bollocking from his manager that was deserved.  However, even the boss''s comments at the time after speaking to Theo confirm that he was prepared to forgive.  Theo has clearly struggled to get back into contention and with a good run lately the manager isn''t about to change a winning formation.It seems that another of Theo''s unforgivable sins on these boards is that he happens to have a surname that is different to that of the average Norwich City supporter.  In some places, but presumably not within the confines of Carrow Road and environs, that attitude would be termed xenophobic. 

Lol, couldn''t help but laugh when I heard this on radio Norfolk this morning. Ciao Theo!!!!

[quote user="Herman "]Thank you Mr Theosomethingorother,if it wasn''t for your ineptitude,we may have been lumbered with Gunn for the rest of the season.So cheers[Y][/quote]

Totally agree.  In your own way you did us a huge favour Theo.  Your job here is done, good luck for the future.

[quote user="singing canary"]good call ... i have never seen such a poor keeper in norwich colours . what baffles me is australia are not a bad national side and he has been praised highly in the aussie media . ?.... is the leauge standard in the land of oz that poor..? . thats one player im more than happy to see go . as described in another article i have just read of which i agree . he is the worst norwich signing for at least a decade.[/quote]

Watching Australian ''soccer'' = [|-)]. Stick to AFL....

The irony is, he''ll end up going back to Australia, playing fantastically well before signing for AC Milan and playing in the CL. We''d look a little silly then wouldn''t we? Wouldn''t WE!!! lol

i see your point but i think most of us have seen enough to realise that is not likely to happen . i didnt rate his attitude after the colchester game " it was one of thoose things " his quote.... that was enough for me to think get rid .

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]Yes, he was truly awful in that first game, but what a nightmare for him. I feel very sorry for him. Comes to the other side of the world. Gets 7 goals knocked past him. Is ridiculed on every NCFC message board. Gets dropped. Gets sent back to Australia. God knows what it must have done to his confidence as a keeper and as a person. Clearly he was not good enough for us, but I really hope he does well back in Oz. I know the whole episode was embarrassing for all concerned, but in the end it was the people who brought him here and played him, when he was not up to the job, who need to be the most embarrassed.[/quote]

Hear! Hear! KK and also good points from Fair Dinkum.

No-one deserves the abuse that Theo has got on these threads, everyone else in the main was given a second chance, who knows what might have been. He was bad on that day but never got a chance to redeem himself unlike others.