Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Hello one and all - my nap for this week sees me swing to the Blue Square Premier where i am confident that Stevenage, 2nd in the table will have too much for plucky Barrow, wallowing in lower mid table mediocrity at home  Thus - Stevenage Vs Barrow - Home win   Alas, I won''t be able to make the meet as Im in a far flung part of the country but to all who are going, I hope you all have an excellent time and to all PUPs, can I wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year         And two City wins over the festive period please Santa

This week I am going with

Arsenal to beat Hull.

Lets hope for a better week than we''ve had recently.

Good luck everyone, especially Beausant.

Season''s Greetings fellow PUPs!This week takes me back to a relatively successful stomping ground , the Greece Super League. Although I''m offering nothing new here, I believe Π.Α.Ε. Παναθηναϊκός (otherwise known as Panathinaikos), will be wanting to keep breathing down the necks of Olympiakos, the winners of the League for the past 5 years. So....Panathinaikos FC vs PAS Giannina - home winGood luck everyone! [<:o)]

Statto 28 you have beat me to it! My nap is also Stevenage to win at home against Barrow.

Good luck and merry xmas etc. to all!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Welcome back Berks, I had missed you and I hope everything is ok now[Y]

Mandie - Your (and Trent''s) selection is fine. It''s listed on Boyle Sports as 3/10 for a home win.[Y]

For my selection I''m off to Holland where Feyenoord (who have won their last three games comfortably and haven''t lost since Nov 1st) are at home to Willem II (who have lost their last three and haven''t won since November 1st.)

Feyenoord    V     Willem II      Home Win

Don''t forget to check your pm''s for Lapp''s Christmas Message[B][;)]

Be lucky Beaus[Y]

[/quote]

Fine thanks NN, unfortunately it was a combination of poor internet connection and being away at the wrong times which has hindered my participation over the last few weeks [:(]. Still, it is great to be back on the Free Bet Thread again!!! [:D]

Well, this is an interesting week to pick! I''ve tried to factor the weather in, so three of my choices are overseas, and I''ve tried to avoid games in areas where postponements are likely due to the forecast and lack of undersoil heating. Consequently, I''ve tended to go for bigger games, but I have a sneaking fancy for leeds canary''s favourite stomping ground and the forecast for Port Talbot is light rain tomorrow. I have to say that you''ve made my first ever picking assignment much easier than it otherwise would have been with a fantastic range of picks, so I really hope I can deliver for you. I only got involved with the Pups late last season but it is a truly wonderful community, of which I''m proud to be a member. 

So here goes:

Bayern v Hertha Berlin      Home win (Yankee and Tilly)     This is also my nap

Real Madrid v Zaragoza   Home win (DDD, canary cherub,Scooby)

Arsenal v Hull                    Home win (Cam, NBS, Mister Chops, Butler and a cast of thousands)

Juventus v Catania             Home win ( ncfc star, Hissing Sid, Muddy Funster)

Villa v Stoke                      Home win ( Blah, Davo, MaccyD, gregT, jellytot,Dogger,Methcanary)

Port Talbot v Cefn Druids   Home win ( Cosmic Twin, leeds canary)

Apologies to those whose naps I haven''t used ( I was very tempted by Panathanaikos and Chelsea, for example) and let''s hope for some good Christmas luck and a City win tomorrow!

Oh, and for those who haven''t met me but now think that I''m some sort of dwarf, I would point out that I''m a healthy 5'' 7 and a bit!

Marvelous choices Beaus. Thank you for making so much effort, not just in these picks but in the effort to make sure you picked games that were likely to be played. Likewise thank you to all the PUPs for making the same efforts. I expected nothing less than a brilliant set of picks and you are the latest in a long line of PUPs who truely deserve to be succesful with the final selections.

I will get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here as soon as I can.

The free bet will cheer me up as I have to miss the game again on Saturday. I am sure it cheers many more who have to miss the games a lot more often than me.

Finally, I''m sure none of the PUPs really thought you were a dwarf Beauseant. In fact I think our friend NBS believes The Butler is[:O]

Thanks again Robin[Y]

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Beauseant  and Billy Dixon we have...

1/5 Bayern Munich
2/9 Real Madrid
2/9 Arsenal
1/3 Juventus
4/9 Aston Villa
1/3 Port Talbot

Which will win for the Academy £36.03p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £30.35. So that just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Robin. These are excellent picks with a good potential return. Only real bad luck can stop us recording another win for the academy.

So now it’s "game on" Bayern and Port Talbot get us under way at 2:30 this afternoon followed by Aston Villa at 3pm. Arsenal kick off at 5:30 and hopefully we will be relying on Real Madrid to win at 9pm so we are unbeaten going into Sunday when Juventus kick off at 2pm

Buona fortuna i miei amici …..[H]......

My original nap of Stevenage to beat Barrow is now off so i will go along with the majority and select Arsenal to see off Hull.

[quote user="Sparkos"]My original nap of Stevenage to beat Barrow is now off so i will go along with the majority and select Arsenal to see off Hull.[/quote]

Duly noted Sparkos[Y]

Ok...so i have realised that my ''nap'' has been called off so have decided to change my nap from northampton to beat darlington, to

Sheffield Wednesday Vs Swansea   Away win

Thanks Nige [;)]

Really hope its not too late but as my original nap has been postponed, could I possibly change it to the only game left standing in League 2 - Rochdale to beat Shrewsbury         Cheers

Thanks Statto and Drinks. I have changed them. Yours is particularly important Statto my friend because you need to get 20 naps by the end of the season to feature on our league table.[Y]

Despite last nights Welsh Premiership games being played todays were all postponed. Port Talbot because of a frozen pitch. So we are down to five now, and a reduced pay out should they all win. The good news is that Bayern are winning 4-1 so we could do with Villa scoring.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Despite last nights Welsh Premiership games being played todays were all postponed. Port Talbot because of a frozen pitch. So we are down to five now, and a reduced pay out should they all win. The good news is that Bayern are winning 4-1 so we could do with Villa scoring.

[/quote]

There you go Nutty! Good luck to you PUPs[Y]