Sign in to follow this  
hugoagogo

Gary Doc...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Flashman"]Was shaky in the first half yesterday and should have had a penalty given against him[/quote]You just made that up of course.[/quote]I am no huge critic of Doherty now, but I listened to the first half on the radio, and I did hear that he gave away a free kick that could so nearly have been a spot-kick.[/quote]It was well out of the area - watching from the upper Barclay there would have been a riot if it had been given as a pen.[/quote]That''s a bit nicer to hear. The only reason that I tend to follow the game via Radio Norfolk is because I''m only 19 and live in Essex - from what I heard from Neil Adams it make me think that the player had been brought down level with the edge of the penalty area. Mind you, whenever I listen to football commentry on the radio and here about freekicks being conceded outside the box, I always seem to think that it''s less than 10 yards away from the box

Everyone, I think it''s better that I stop going on about this foul by Doc now. I''m not critcising him here, I am a fan of him and I think that the reason I was so worried about it was because of what I said about the match commentry and because of what he was like last season - at least Doc knew to do it outside of the box and he''s clearly shown he has improved. Also we were conceding a horrific number of penalties in the first half of last season, which thankfully we aren''t doing this season

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Needs to be dumped now. And replaced in this transfer window. We can''t possibly contemplate keeping him if we get promoted because he will drag the club back down to his level.

I was forced to watch it on the wireless on Saturday and that muppett Adams seems to think the reason Donkerty is so comfortable in this league is because he is better than the standard. What does he know!!![:@]

In Lambert we trust[Y]

January is nearly here[<:o)]

[/quote]

Your irony is wasted on some of them Nutty.

I''ve come to the conclusion that some peoples predjudice is so ingrained that its impossible to have a sensible argument with them.

This idea that the Doc is slow for instance. I''ve rarely seen him beaten for pace and many times seen him give forward a yard start and still be first to the ball. There was a perfect example of this against Rhodes in the second half on Saturday.

But never mind the facts ay?

Needs to be dumped now. And replaced in this transfer window. We can''t possibly contemplate keeping him if we get promoted because he will drag the club back down to his level.

I was forced to watch it on the wireless on Saturday and that muppett Adams seems to think the reason Donkerty is so comfortable in this league is because he is better than the standard. What does he know!!![:@]

In Lambert we trust[Y]

[/quote]

You are getting more waspish tongued than an old fisherwoman.[:D]

Monthly troubles is it or just the Christmas spirit?[<:o)]

Adams is an EX player who thought Gunn was a good manager!!

Opinions will differ from pundit to pundit fan to fan .

Lets just enjoy it while we can.

(hey those last two lines rhymed must be too many crackers!)

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

In Lambert we trust[Y]

[/quote]

I''ve come to the conclusion that some peoples predjudice is so ingrained that its impossible to have a sensible argument with them.

This idea that the Doc is slow for instance. I''ve rarely seen him beaten for pace and many times seen him give forward a yard start and still be first to the ball. There was a perfect example of this against Rhodes in the second half on Saturday.

[/quote]

And many examples of him being left for dead against Sunderland.

Different level.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

In Lambert we trust[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Different level.

[/quote]

No problem then, since we are not playing at that level.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

In Lambert we trust[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Different level.

[/quote]So we should carry on being critical of the Doc, rather than praising his excellent recent performances, because he''s no good at a higher level?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

In Lambert we trust[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Different level.

[/quote]

So we should carry on being critical of the Doc, rather than praising his excellent recent performances, because he''s no good at a higher level?
[/quote]

Not what I said.

Praise where it is do. He is playing well at the moment. Lets enjoy it.

Good for Doc (clap clap) but the point was he Was Signed as a prem defender, he has ,at last found his level and I for one am delighted for him and the club.

Loved it when the Barclay sang a song to Doc and he sounded well chuffed when Goreham asked him about it in the after match interview.

[quote user="cityangel"]Loved it when the Barclay sang a song to Doc and he sounded well chuffed when Goreham asked him about it in the after match interview.[/quote]

There''s only one hairless Pele hasn''t quite got the same scan and ring to it![:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

In Lambert we trust[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Different level.

[/quote]

So we should carry on being critical of the Doc, rather than praising his excellent recent performances, because he''s no good at a higher level?
[/quote]

Not what I said.

Praise where it is do. He is playing well at the moment. Lets enjoy it.

Good for Doc (clap clap) but the point was he Was Signed as a prem defender, he has ,at last found his level and I for one am delighted for him and the club.

[/quote]

He was actually signed as a striker.

Whilst I agree with most of this, I think Nelson could still be a useful 4th CB in the CCC. A lot will depend on how Spillane continues to develop at both CB and RB once he is fit again. Personally, I was more concerned with the performance of Russell Martin at RB on Saturday. Perhaps it was just an off day as he has been better than that in previous matches and it is still early days.

I also had the curious thought that Doc might move up to rest Holt when City are trying to finish off matches late in the game!

Holts Big Toe.

He was signed as a defender ,Worthy then decided, in a fit of **** to play him as our missing striker!

Doc had played upfront when he was younger at Spurs but was a definite CB.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Holts Big Toe.

He was signed as a defender ,Worthy then decided, in a fit of **** to play him as our missing striker!

[/quote]

Loved "The One Ginger Pele" chants on Saturday. I joined in, of course, and I felt it was one of the louder chants of the afternoon.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Holts Big Toe.

[/quote]

Did you go to that game Butler? He scored the equaliser didn''t he? We played well and it was a great result. We were good then weren''t we? Only the crossbar and a wonder goal by Alan Smith had stopped us getting something at Old Trafford a couple of days earlier.

Worthy got him when he missed out on Primus. Primus was expected to sign but then mandaric did something he had never done before and improved his contract at portsmouth. Primus would have been a great signing.

Didn''t George Graham pay 1m for The Doc?

Third Division player? In your dreams!

So even now the same few continue to slate the Doc ,it does not matter what the fella does a few just don''t and never will rate him!(they are wrong).

We will see how much we miss him when its Nelson and Semi (forest gump)at CB during Docs 1 match ban!

[quote user="hugoagogo"]So even now the same few continue to slate the Doc ,it does not matter what the fella does a few just don''t and never will rate him!(they are wrong). We will see how much we miss him when its Nelson and Semi (forest gump)at CB during Docs 1 match ban![/quote]

Think its more likely to be Drury and Nelson if Askou doesn''t make it.

Do you reckon Our Doc will be back for the Walsall game so we get a proper chance to say goodbye[:''(] before he is replaced in January[:^)]

Do you reckon Our Doc will be back for the Walsall game so we get a proper chance to say goodbye[:''(] before he is replaced in January[:^)]

[/quote]

What have you heard then Nutty, Spurs or Chelsea coming in with a bid?

If he was good enough forGeorge Graham to pay 1mil transfer back then he must be worth a fortune now.

By the way is Graham still unemployed?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What have you heard then Nutty, Spurs or Chelsea coming in with a bid?

If he was good enough forGeorge Graham to pay 1mil transfer back then he must be worth a fortune now.

By the way is Graham still unemployed?

[/quote]

No. I heard that Lambert was no fool and Docs days were numbered. I heard his first three first choice centre backs were Nelson, Askou and Spillane with another one coming in. I heard Doc had no future. And I heard the fans celebrating.........................

Or some fans............

[;)]

For a player who is often portrayed on this board as being none too bright, the Doc has cleverley worked it so that he has Boxing Day off.

Seriously though, he will be a major miss. IMHO.

I personally think that PL might be more defensive in his approach than usual in order to compensate for what has turned out to be a big problem area, albeit a one off.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

For a player who is often portrayed on this board as being none too bright, the Doc has cleverley worked it so that he has Boxing Day off.

[/quote]

I noticed that! I didn''t mention it in case it opened the floodgates[;)]

I''m glad he''ll have a good Christmas though[:)]