Sign in to follow this  
JF

Beckford.

Sulked of after being subbed. Leeds fans are slating him on their forums saying he is finished with the club!

Yeah,just seen it on FLS.He makes a ''you''re mad'' gesture too the bench! If he was the best striker in the world i could understand,but he''s not even the best in League 1.

I was there yesterday, When his number came up he didnt turn around, carried on doing his socks up, only turned around when it was annouced over the PA (too a corus of cheers by the home fans), he took an age to walk off, When Grayson put his hand out he was pushed away by Beckford, he walked straight up the tunnel.

I''m one who has never really rated him. I think he is soooooo over-rated. Theres no doubting that yes, he is one of the best strikers in this league. But I know a few leeds fans, who say he just scores tap-ins and misses many many chances. I watched him against Kettering, he wasnt great. I would pick Granty over him anyday of the week.

[quote user="Brendan"]I''m one who has never really rated him. I think he is soooooo over-rated. Theres no doubting that yes, he is one of the best strikers in this league. But I know a few leeds fans, who say he just scores tap-ins and misses many many chances. I watched him against Kettering, he wasnt great. I would pick Granty over him anyday of the week.
[/quote]

With you there Brendan.Even against us he was gifted a goal,which he nearly missed!

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Brendan"]I''m one who has never really rated him. I think he is soooooo over-rated. Theres no doubting that yes, he is one of the best strikers in this league. But I know a few leeds fans, who say he just scores tap-ins and misses many many chances. I watched him against Kettering, he wasnt great. I would pick Granty over him anyday of the week. [/quote]

With you there Brendan.Even against us he was gifted a goal,which he nearly missed!

[/quote]Thank you [Y]I think it''s gotta go to Semi. He''s quick, and errrr nout else.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Brendan"]I''m one who has never really rated him. I think he is soooooo over-rated. Theres no doubting that yes, he is one of the best strikers in this league. But I know a few leeds fans, who say he just scores tap-ins and misses many many chances. I watched him against Kettering, he wasnt great. I would pick Granty over him anyday of the week.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Thank you [Y]

I think it''s gotta go to Semi. He''s quick, and errrr nout else.
[/quote]

Yep,definite Semi OG[:P]

The last thing you need at a club, a player who thinks hes better than he actually is. Obviously I didnt want Leeds to win yesterday, but Snodgrass scoring the winner a matter of minutes after Beckford throwing his toys out of the pram cushions the blow,

I wouldn''t be surprised if he went in Jan, cash in while they can. They looked assured of promotion and I''m sure the money could come in handy.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]The last thing you need at a club, a player who thinks hes better than he actually is. Obviously I didnt want Leeds to win yesterday, but Snodgrass scoring the winner a matter of minutes after Beckford throwing his toys out of the pram cushions the blow,[/quote]

It was brilliant, When Beckford pushed Graysons hand away there was a loud chorus of booo''s and the Leeds fans started singing ''Theres only one Simon Grayson.'' Beckford must have literally just got back to the dressing room when Snodgrass scored.

I reckon he thinks too highly of himself. I think that the way Beckford thinks about himself pretty much the same as Cristiano Ronaldo did when he was at Old Trafford

Hasn''t he been one of the top scorers in this League for the past couple of seasons? He is obviously a very good League One player and will probably do well in the Championship. He can be wasteful but has blistering pace, great positional sense and a real striker''s instinct. Saying he just scores tap-ins shows he is in the right place at the right time, Linekar became one of the best strikers in the world by basing his game on that instinct.I would definitely love to see him playing for Norwich and couldn''t care at all if he is big headed and arrogant, most great players have that quality and it drives them on to greater success in their career.

[quote user="HazzaJet"]I reckon he thinks too highly of himself. I think that the way Beckford thinks about himself pretty much the same as Cristiano Ronaldo did when he was at Old Trafford
[/quote]

Sort of.

But then Cristiano Ronaldo is pretty much the best and most dangerous footballer in the world.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="HazzaJet"]I reckon he thinks too highly of himself. I think that the way Beckford thinks about himself pretty much the same as Cristiano Ronaldo did when he was at Old Trafford[/quote]

Sort of.

But then Cristiano Ronaldo is pretty much the best and most dangerous footballer in the world.

[/quote]I can''t argue with what you''ve said there GJP. Although I think he was very greedy for goals - never saw him take a corner even though he had amazing dead ball skills. I think that I might have gone a bit wrong with my previous post so maybe I should describe it as Beckford over-rating himself and thinking he''s better than he actually is - and that does make sense for what happened when he was subbed yesterday.I do think that Beckford is a good player though and if Leeds sold him in January we might have to give them a thank you present at the end of the seasonBig Smile [:D]

Hes terrible, no first touch, cant pass, selfish and not a great finisher but somehow he has a real knack of scoring goals!

Beckford on seems to throw his toys out of the pram around transfer time.  i think hes hoping a championship club will make an offer for him.  or maybe hes arrogant enough to think hes prem material.  if he was then e would be there by now.  the guy is a drama queen through and through

hmm.. Beckford kicking his toys out of the pram... January round the corner.... surely the 2 cant be linked!

If Leeds lose Beckford they lose the league title.. they WILL finish below us as they haven''t got anyone to replace him.

Well lets hope that does happen - if it does Leeds will be the laughing stock of League 1, slipping up on promotion 3 seasons in a row. Although we were the laughing stock of English football on the opening day of the season

the reason he scores so many goals is cos he plays for 1 of the top teams in the league  when the rest are utter crap. he gets ten chances a game hes bound to bag 1. offers nothing to the team either. thats why no championship maangers have taken a punt on him, wouldnt cut it.

Whoever said Beckford only scores tap-ins? hahaha. He''s one of the most dynamic goalscorers Leeds has ever had!Exhibit AHowabout his 2nd and 3rd here?Can''t say I''ve ever seen Holt do anything like this! ;)Anyway, first of all, great win for you yesterday! Hoolahan''s such a classy operator. Still well on course for 2nd place. Just a matter of time before Charlton stutter and you step in, imo.As for ourselves, we were very good against a bang in form Southampton. Reduced them to one shot on goal and dominated for 90mins playing some good football. The past two league games (Town and Brentford) where we''ve stuttered a bit with two draws, we had our first choice keeper and back four out, our first choice left winger out and Snodgrass was out for Brentford. We had Naylor and Kisnorbo (and Snodgrass) back yesterday and it made a big difference. Don''t think we''ve had two more intimidating, no nonsense centre backs since we left the premiership. Kisnorbo in particular oozes quality. Well deserved win and we would''ve won by more if Beckford had a bit more composure.As far as Beckford goes, he was a bit disgraceful yesterday, the only player who let the side down. Wasn''t interested, fluffed three good chances one a one on one, wouldn''t challenge for headers, went down clutching his head and constantly moaning at the ref. Grayson subbed him because he was getting a right tantrum on and would''ve done something silly. So Beckford slowly walks off (it''s 0-0), throws Grayson''s offered handshake away and storms down the tunnel with the fans giving him hell. Bang out of order. All Leeds fans know he''s off in the summer and it was just a case of getting the most out of him until then but for the past three matches he''s been shite and not interested. We''d have beaten Town and Brentford if he''d put away his chances (had one on ones in both those matches). It''s upto Grayson now to get him sorted and scoring again but if someone as likeable and fair as Grayson can''t do it it''s probably worth getting that £2m that the likes of QPR and Newcastle are apparently ready to offer and replacing him with someone with less of an attitude and a better chances to goals ratio!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]hmm.. Beckford kicking his toys out of the pram... January round the corner.... surely the 2 cant be linked!

If Leeds lose Beckford they lose the league title.. they WILL finish below us as they haven''t got anyone to replace him.[/quote]Maybe we''ll just go out and spend the transfer fee on a striker from the championship or premiership then eh?

Hey WW you''ve got the bit between the teeth haven''t you ? A bit sad for you coming on here. What does WW stand for then ? no prizes ............

[quote user="WW"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]hmm.. Beckford kicking his toys out of the pram... January round the corner.... surely the 2 cant be linked!

If Leeds lose Beckford they lose the league title.. they WILL finish below us as they haven''t got anyone to replace him.[/quote]Maybe we''ll just go out and spend the transfer fee on a striker from the championship or premiership then eh?

[/quote]Could I just offer a small word of caution to you since you do appear to be quite an affable chap?If I were a football club interested in signing JB I''d be more inclined to offer a sizeable payment to the player than to the club. A sad indictment of the state of football today I know but good business for the buying club. With six months left on his contract Leeds face receiving nothing in the summer and JB is doubtlessly looking forward to a large signing on fee as a free agent, why on earth would he waive that by signing for somebody on Leeds''s terms now??Nah if I wanted JB I''d be making my offers to him and his agent, not to Leeds, not with six months left on his contract......

[quote user="WW"]Whoever said Beckford only scores tap-ins? hahaha. He''s one of the most dynamic goalscorers Leeds has ever had!

Exhibit A
Howabout his 2nd and 3rd here?
Can''t say I''ve ever seen Holt do anything like this! ;)

Anyway, first of all, great win for you yesterday! Hoolahan''s such a classy operator. Still well on course for 2nd place. Just a matter of time before Charlton stutter and you step in, imo.

As for ourselves, we were very good against a bang in form Southampton. Reduced them to one shot on goal and dominated for 90mins playing some good football. The past two league games (Town and Brentford) where we''ve stuttered a bit with two draws, we had our first choice keeper and back four out, our first choice left winger out and Snodgrass was out for Brentford. We had Naylor and Kisnorbo (and Snodgrass) back yesterday and it made a big difference. Don''t think we''ve had two more intimidating, no nonsense centre backs since we left the premiership. Kisnorbo in particular oozes quality. Well deserved win and we would''ve won by more if Beckford had a bit more composure.

As far as Beckford goes, he was a bit disgraceful yesterday, the only player who let the side down. Wasn''t interested, fluffed three good chances one a one on one, wouldn''t challenge for headers, went down clutching his head and constantly moaning at the ref. Grayson subbed him because he was getting a right tantrum on and would''ve done something silly. So Beckford slowly walks off (it''s 0-0), throws Grayson''s offered handshake away and storms down the tunnel with the fans giving him hell. Bang out of order.

All Leeds fans know he''s off in the summer and it was just a case of getting the most out of him until then but for the past three matches he''s been shite and not interested. We''d have beaten Town and Brentford if he''d put away his chances (had one on ones in both those matches). It''s upto Grayson now to get him sorted and scoring again but if someone as likeable and fair as Grayson can''t do it it''s probably worth getting that £2m that the likes of QPR and Newcastle are apparently ready to offer and replacing him with someone with less of an attitude and a better chances to goals ratio!

[/quote]

If he is worth that then we Millions running round our pitch in the shape of Holt Martin Hoolahan £12.000.000 (EACH)

[quote user="WW"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]hmm.. Beckford kicking his toys out of the pram... January round the corner.... surely the 2 cant be linked!

[/quote]My thoughts exactly. As long as you''re not looking at the Horse then if you want to disturb a winning team then go right ahead!

For those that are not aware, there is a 20%+ sell on clause for Jermaine Beckford, so Leeds will only around 75% of the fee. Most sell on clauses are payable up front, so if Leeds were to get say £1.6 million for Beckford, only £1.2 million would go to Leeds, and then it would probably be paid in instalments. So maybe selling Beckford may not be such an attractive option, unless they have someone lined up, and the price is a good one; by that I mean that the price for a new striker is bound to be hiked up as (a) It’s Leeds and (b) They have money to spend.

As someone who takes more than as passing interest in Beckford’s previous club, Wealdstone, I’ve always had this romantic notion (for want of a better phrase) that Beckford wants to go for a fee which would help his old club out. Whether I’m right or not about this who knows.