Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

The Coldest game i can remember

Agreed, despite wrapping up I was freezing!As soon as the sun dipped behind the River end I''m pretty sure it was below zero.

Last time I remember being as cold as I was today was the 1-0 loss to Southend on Boxing day 1996.

1985 Milk cup quarter final away at Grimsby. Their coldest night on record -12.

Norwich fans cleared te pitch of snow, then a mass snowball fight with the sportsnight camera crew. Bloody cold, but great day.

Sportsnight and that music..........da da da da da da da, da da da da da da da, da da da da da da da, da da da da da da da, dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun...........................aah the memories.

It was absolutely freezing!!!  When me and my Dad got back to the car the locks were frozen and we couldn''t get in!!!!!  So we went to the colmans factory security and they gave us some hot water to put in our water bottles and one of the men in there looked on his temperature thingy inside and said it was -4!!!!!!!  Luckily we managed to unfreeze the locks with the hot water and get home! [:P]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Great second half but that was the coldest i can remember being at a game in a long while and the paths afterwards were lethal[/quote]

remember it well , and yes it was chuffing cold !

Away to Forest on Boxing Day, I think, or over Christmas, in late 90''s or early 00''s we were 3 down with over 20 minutes left and it was so cold I went home. Can anyone else  remember or confirm this? 

I checked the weather centre for Norwich as the game was going on. The temperature was -2C but with a ''feels like'' temperature of -7C. Mind you, where I live in Sweden it is -16C today but then they don''t go out in shorts and kick a football at this time of year.

[quote user="Congo Canary"]1985 Milk cup quarter final away at Grimsby. Their coldest night on record -12. Norwich fans cleared te pitch of snow, then a mass snowball fight with the sportsnight camera crew. Bloody cold, but great day.[/quote]

I was just going to write that that was the coldest I can remember. I recall travelling without knowing if the game would be played and was amazed that it was on. I think it was -3C. Apart from that I remember our trip to Manure being abandoned when the coach got stuck in traffic and snow drifts somewhere on the peaks. The game was played and we lost 1-0, had a big snowball fight then went home. 

[quote user="missing in action"]i had a bourbon coffee in the ground and the goalds warmed me up a bit but its the coldest game i remember for years.
[/quote]

I forsook beer for bovril (!!!!!)  before and during the game as me and number 3 son were freezing, especially once the sun went behind the river end. Oh for standing terraces..I don`t ever remember being cold at matches in those days...well, maybe just the top of your head  [:D]

1957, 2 foot of snow, had to walk to it with no shoes on, 5 miles, nothing to eat, had to eat snow for water, them was the days, you dont know your alive today. All this " I`m cold" and "must be minus something today at the match"

yes i`m kidding lololol

I wore just 2 t-shirts, a fairly thick coat, gloves, scarf + hat and was pretty freezing. Next game i''m gonna wear 3 pairs of socks [:)]

Well the thing is, me waist down is very very very very warm blooded, and the doctors say its a mirracle that i dont need to wear any trousers or shoes.

I had a tee shirt, my game shirt, a light fleece, a heavy pullover, a coat, scarf and gloves, yet I was shivering throughout the second half!

[quote user="Beauseant"]I had a tee shirt, my game shirt, a light fleece, a heavy pullover, a coat, scarf and gloves, yet I was shivering throughout the second half![/quote]2 more layers than me, and I wasnt THAT cold really. Well only my feet.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I had a tee shirt, my game shirt, a light fleece, a heavy pullover, a coat, scarf and gloves, yet I was shivering throughout the second half![/quote]

Thermal vest, flybe training top , polo neck sweater, colours, managers coat, hat scarf gloves ....and bovril!! Long johns and jeans too...cold but not shivering !