Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Centre Backs for Millwall

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Semmy Bore, Drury or Russell Martin? Drury could slot in there with Lappin at LB.[/quote]

Not Semmy or R Martin pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Yes it seems no one knows whether he is on four or five, mainly due to the double Holt booking which was dumped on Doc, but maybe never made official.

The Doc is definately out on Saturday which I think is a blessing in disguise cause that will give him a break after a long run of gakmes and we play 2 days after at Wallsall!

Hopefully Askou will be fit otherwise it''ll be Drury or Russell Martin playing CB which wouldn''t be the greatest!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Askou will be fine [:)]
[/quote]

Thats good news thanks [:D]

and if he (askou) is not why not go with Stephens or Dumic rather than an out of position player?   Francomb did ok for a couple of games at right bck after all and both those two have been starring in the reserves?

As we have seen with Smith Lambert will give them a chance - and it looks like Josh Dawkins may get a run soon,  maybe ahead of McNamee at this rate!

I pray to God Askou is fit!  If not we can wave bye bye to another home win!  A centre back pairing of Nelson, Semmy or R.Martin or Drury really dosn''t look good!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

and if he (askou) is not why not go with Stephens or Dumic rather than an out of position player?   Francomb did ok for a couple of games at right bck after all and both those two have been starring in the reserves?

As we have seen with Smith Lambert will give them a chance - and it looks like Josh Dawkins may get a run soon,  maybe ahead of McNamee at this rate!

[/quote]

I''d be surprised if he went for Stephens or Dumic. I don''t think he''d see either of them (particularly Dumic) as being ready for it.

Unless we have no choice...

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Askou will be fine [:)][/quote]

[/quote]Thank you for the information CUSDP.

[quote user="SI"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Askou will be fine [:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Thank you for the information CUSDP.
[/quote]

Hasn''t let us down with his inside inormation yet has he, so thats Askou and Nelson for Sat then - sorted.

Spillane is due back soon from his injury. RMartin is the tallest of Drury, Semmy and himself, so if needs must, I would go with him. Might be handy to have a little pace along side Nelson.

Hoping ASkou is fit, but R Martin if he aint.

OTBC!!

I''m sure everyone''ll agree when I say Cureton and Hoolahan would probably be our best bet for back 2 against Millwall.

IF askou is fit, I''d play Askou and Stephens at the back.  Stephens is very tall at 6''4 and he''s looked very solid everytime i''ve seen him play in the past

[quote user="Brendan"]I''m sure everyone''ll agree when I say Cureton and Hoolahan would probably be our best bet for back 2 against Millwall. [/quote]Mr Roeder would approve!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]According to the official site Askou will likely be out for "weeks".[/quote]

I just read that as well!  Oh dear!  I hope he playes a youngster but I cant see him doing that agaisnt a free scoring Millwall side.  I think it will more likely be:  Otsemobor      R.Martin      Nelson      Drury

Dosn''t look good does it!

If for arguements sake Dury did move over to the centre, pushing Lappin back to LB could mean bringing McNamee in on the left of the diamond, thoughts?

It Says On Canaries World That ''Lambert Confirmed That City Are Likely To Be Without Askou''!

I Think We Need A Natural Centre Back To Play With Nelson. So I''d Say That Stephens Should Partner At The Back, Although I''m Still Unconvinced About Nelson Playing.

But If We Are To Go With Experience I''d Have To Put Drury In At CB, Pushing Lappin Into LB Or Bring Wiggins In To Cover Drury. I Don''t Think Semi Or Martin Are Solid Enough To Play As CB. And If Lappin Is Pushed Back, As Suggested by Jammis, I Like The Idea Of Bringing McNamee In On The Left Of The Diamond. [Y]

CUSDP,

I know you''re a friend of Crookys and you haven''t let us down with info yet but Radio Norfolk are saying he''ll be out for another 2 weeks, have you heard anymore please

CA

It has to be Stephens, has to be. He''s been working with the first team all season, put in some impressive displays pre-season and at Gillingham in tin pot cup... these are the times when you have to just put them in and see what he does. It can''t be any more of a risk than putting a full back or midfielder in there. Stephens is a good size too at 6"4.

I think PL will put his faith in youth as he has done and done successfully already this season.

I read that people dont think Stephens or Dumic were ready but the same was said about Francomb;  and my understanding is that Stephens is a more finished article than Francomb was before his injury.

Yes he will probbaly show his inexperience but I do think that if Lambert feels he is good enough he will stick to playing people in position rather than out of it.

If its a reshuffle using experienced players then Drury is probably the best option, with Wiggins coming in and Lappin keeping the nicely balanced midfield intact,  otherwise we are disrupting midfield AND defence,  which seems a little too much..