Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

After the game

Someone was outside the Jarrold stand being given CPR. Anyone know if it was a City fan and if they were OK after? City fan or Terriers fan I hope they are OK and recover in time for Christmas. Not the sort of ''present'' any family needs.   

Puts football into perspective when there''s a life or death struggle on the pavement outside, doesn''t it?

It''s not easy to discreetly administer chest compression to someone lying on the pavement when thousands of people are passing by but I think the authorities do a marvellous job when something like this happens.

If an earlier poster was correct the person involved is now in hospital recovering and I''m sure we all send our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I just hope that rumours that the poor chap who collapsed outside the ground after yesterday''s match has died are wrong.

I didn''t see what happened but on leaving the ground there was what looked like a middle aged man laying on the ground just before the narrow footpath between the away section of the Jarrold and the Holiday Inn hotel. He was being given chest compressions by a paramedic.

The authorities had done their best to shield the scene by erecting a large screen on one side but it was clear that something sudden and upsetting had happened.

I''m not sure this is a discussion for this message board although I understand the sentiments behind it.

As usual though we are being fed duff information and in this case I feel I should put the record straight.

As of this morning 21/12/09 the gentleman is alive and although not well he is improving.

I hope this will stop any rumours and I can hear you all asking ''how do I know'' but I''m afraid I can say no more than please trust me what I say is the truth.

So, who to believe? I sincerely hope the mole is telling the truth and if he is just winding us up then that is terribly sick.

I hope the man is alive and kicking.

I don''t think it''s particularly rare for people to have heart attacks at football matches, with passions running so high at times. I found my pulse racing as though I''d been running a 400 metre sprint during a controversial moment in Saturday''s match. I decided I''d better calm down, just in case I might end up an ambulance case!

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]I don''t think it''s particularly rare for people to have heart attacks at football matches, with passions running so high at times. I found my pulse racing as though I''d been running a 400 metre sprint during a controversial moment in Saturday''s match. I decided I''d better calm down, just in case I might end up an ambulance case![/quote]I get what your saying, but they got thumped 3-0 (it was a Hudders'' fan right?) Anyway its not as if it was end-to-end is my point.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Paramedics have been praised for saving the life of a Norwich City supporter, who collapsed and stopped breathing after the vital clash against Huddersfield.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED22%20Dec%202009%2018%3A57%3A44%3A940

[/quote]

thats fantastic news! hopefully he is well on the mend and will have a relaxing Christmas.

Thanks for putting that up Tim.

Yes, the emergency services do a marvellous professional job all year round in difficult circumstances and they do it with the minimum of fuss. Take a bow gentlemen please.

It was perhaps fortunate for the spectator that he collapsed at a sporting event where there''s always medically trained people on hand and it''s incidences like this which just shows how important they are.

Incidentally I agree with those concerned that Carrow Road is now open after matches again. Pretty ludicrous really bearing in mind Saturday''s extreme weather and it could well have meant a very different outcome to the spectator incident.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and it''ll be closed again as soon as possible.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Great news that he is recovering.

Well done to the paramedics, police and stewards who were involved in helping this supporter.

[/quote]

WHy are they any more worthy of thanks than any other medical staff who help thousands of people every day? Because he was a football fan?

Huh?

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Great news that he is recovering.

Well done to the paramedics, police and stewards who were involved in helping this supporter.

[/quote]

WHy are they any more worthy of thanks than any other medical staff who help thousands of people every day? Because he was a football fan?

Huh?[/quote]Twat !!! (per usual).