Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Panic Buy

Any one worried that Worthy may make a panic buy due to Svennson now being laid off for 6 weeks?

It''s a shame as he looked to have found some good form over recent weeks.

[quote]No..imo Worthy can be accused of many things,but panicking is not one of them .[/quote]

You are joking

He waited all summer for Primus, had one week left so decided to buy Docherty. IMO the worlds biggest panic buy.

Yes Saint.  I''m worried about that.  Personally I think he panic bought over the Doc.  He was desperate for a centre back and paid over the odds.  I just hope we don''t go and blow our January kitty and next summers on a player who is no better than we already have

[quote]Any one worried that Worthy may make a panic buy due to Svennson now being laid off for 6 weeks? It''s a shame as he looked to have found some good form over recent weeks.[/quote]

Yeah, I''m a tad concerned about this too Saint. Especially as Matty is now out for 6 weeks.

But I do trust Worthy, and who knows?, a deal may have already been settled!.

Fingers crossed eh?, and January, one way or another, will put an end to the rumour merchants. 

[quote]Yes Saint. I''m worried about that. Personally I think he panic bought over the Doc. He was desperate for a centre back and paid over the odds. I just hope we don''t go and blow our January kitty a...[/quote]

DD

All depends on the time of the month, excuse the expression, that he does the deal.

If it''s at the beginning then you can probably say it was always planned,

But last day = last ditch and panic buy in my book.

[quote]I''ve just read that Youri Djorkaeff is avaliable on a free?!!! Panic buy anyone?![/quote]

As he''s got a knackered hamstring ,that would be a panic buy.

don''t know about you lot, but I''m starting to panic

Hey  guys, at least if we sell Greeno for £4M then we could have £5.2M to panic buy with

wotever happens, we still need another striker. and we will almost definately get one now. there are quite a few out there and im sure worthy wont buy worse than wot we already have.

and anyway, is £4m really enough for a future england gk?

Greeno is worth more than £4m to norwich as a club but I am not convinced that his transfer fee will go far beyond £5m - keepers simply do not command a premium unless they are proven international players.With Van der saar and schwarzer available to sign Manure and gooners have options before you throw in cudicini who cant be happy at the prospect of a second season sitting on the bench... That sort of supply will also dampen any final fee.OTBC

With the struggling Mckenzie our only fit striker, would buying another striker represent panic? I dont think so. I think its an absolute necessity, and further failure to adress this weakpoint in the squad would be absolute stupidity on the clubs part.  

[quote]With the struggling Mckenzie our only fit striker, would buying another striker represent panic? I dont think so. I think its an absolute necessity, and further failure to adress this weakpoint in the...[/quote]

I''m not saying that buying a striker would be a panic buy.  The point is will he panic and buy a player no better than Leon. 

I think we are forgetting that we have a lot more striking options than we think.  We still have fit players who can play up front: Mcveigh, Jonson, Huckerby, Leon, Bentley, Jarvis, Crowe & Henderson.

This is a good chance to give Jarvis a run out as a sub in the next few games and see what happens.Play 4-5-1 and bring on Jarvis in the second half instead of or as well as Leon.

Heard on the radio this morning Crow could freature on the bench on sunday. Having seen Jarvis on several occasions this season, i dont beleive he is good enough, Crow may be good enough but i dont think is ready, Mackenzie''s tally of one goal by christmas, simply doesnt cut it... something needs to be done. Or we will forfeit whatever chance we have to stay up. Get soeone in who can hit the target a few times and we could conceivably nick the 4-5 wins that we need to stay up. Fact.   

We do have plenty of options up front, but we don''t have anyone who can consistently win high balls and hold the ball up. Whether we play long ball or not, the ball still spends a lot of time in the air and a big lad is always going to be useful.

Personally I''d have been a lot more optimistic about getting something from the coming games if we had Iwan in the squad.

Oh mY GOD!!!

SHUT UP about Iwan!!!! He did b*****r all for us for the last 2 seasons in Div 1, so why would he do anything apart from fall over in the prem.

Mr Chile - on one hand you insult the Wizard for his (obvious) insanity, and on the other hand you are clearly insane yourself!

Charlies Dad, if Crow is good enough, then surely he is ready then?  A few subs appearances will do him no harm at all, and every season a young player will burst on to the scene and do well for himself.  Look at Neil Mellor at Liverpool, he has been given his chance due to injuries and he is beginning to look the part.

I would rather see Crow given an opportunity than rush to buy someone out of desperation.  We should encourage young talent coming through or what sort of message does it send out to the rest of the reserves/youth team?

Mellor is an interesting case. Last season he looked abysmal for the hammers yet he is now scoring in the prem.

It shows what playing people in their proper positions can do for confidence (I understand Pardew played mellor on the right wing)

OTBC

I take your point about young Crow, Weston, but hes very raw, he runs like a little tank, never shirks a tackle and puts himself about, but against class acts like the excellent King for example, he wouldnt get a kick. I just dont think its fair on the lad, although he obviously wouldnt complain.  He may get the opportunity to prove me wrong as Worthy obviously thinks the same as me, that hes leapfrogged Jarvis in the pecking order and i for one sincerely hope he smashes a hat trick.

Raw talent, I like the sound of that!!  I have to be honest and bow to your greater knowledge on Crow, You have seen him play, I haven''t, so I will agree with you but I would love to see him come off the bench and bang one in!!     OTBC