Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is Semmy second choice now?

Semmy wasn''t a Gunn signing though ;)

I think Lambert will want to give Russell Martin plenty of pitch time as we''ve only got him until January (for the moment) and will want to see how he gets on in the team as to whether we make a permanent move.

I can also see us going 4-4-2 if Russell can''t shake his injury before Saturday and McNamee will come onto the left hand side. Again, we need to see him on the pitch. Harsh on Lappin because I don''t think he''s put a foot wrong but if Drury is still out, Lappin can go to left back, McNamee on left wing, and Holt and Martin up front, or Hoolahan, God it''s good to have so many good options in the club for a change :)

Of all the reasons to go with Martin as first choice, quelling Canary Call rhetoric wouldn''t be top of my list! (Neither yours I''m sure Wiz - I''m obviously being facetious). He looked solid last night but was cagey going forward. I''d say we now have options in that position again and that in an ideal world they''ll both be employed tactically.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I hope so, anything which help bury this ludicrous ''Its Gunns team'' rubbish is fine by me!

Sorry Semmy.

[/quote]

He could well be Wiz. Martin was quite solid defensively last night althoug I felt their main threat was on the other flank.

Do you think your old mate Nelson is second choice now or do you still feel he "needs more games"[:^)]

Correct me if im wrong but I believe otsemobor was out of the 18 all together yesterday. Which hopefully means lambert doesnt want him anymore

Well if Russell Martin is a revelation at right back and he''s here past his loan then Semmy might be in trouble.

Is he second choice after one game from a player on a short term loan? No.

Semmy was out of the 18, but think that is more down to flexibility as he only covers one position, which could also be covered by Smith or Askou.

I doubt we have seen the last of Semmy, his pace at times is much needed in a very pedestrian defence.

[quote user="seby1991"]Correct me if im wrong but I believe otsemobor was out of the 18 all together yesterday. Which hopefully means lambert doesnt want him anymore
[/quote]

It would''t surprise me if Semmy threw a wobbly on realising that he was not in the team, just as he did earlier in the season.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Semmy wasn''t a Gunn signing though [/quote]

I know that, you know that, its just a damn shame that the loonies who write on here and call Canary Call don''t!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="seby1991"]Correct me if im wrong but I believe otsemobor was out of the 18 all together yesterday. Which hopefully means lambert doesnt want him anymore[/quote]

It would''t surprise me if Semmy threw a wobbly on realising that he was not in the team, just as he did earlier in the season.

[/quote]Bet that''s not what happened at all! More likely Lambo told him he''d be rested. Genuine reasoning, gentler than a dressing room demotion, leaves the door open for a concerted effort at repatriation.

[quote user="Salopian"]If we keep Martin, what happens when Spillane comes back?

I suspect that Semi will be third choice.
[/quote]

At this point in time I don''t think Spillane has done enough to warrant being ahead of Otsemobor.

Hehe. Of course Wizz.

Someone did raise a very valid point though, What do we do with Spillane when he comes back? If we sign Russell Martin permanently, that will surely be on the basis of how well he''s done? Then we''d have Spillane, Martin, and Semmy for the right back birth.

While Spillane can deputise a few roles, I don''t feel Semmy can. Don''t know enough of Martin. I would still quite like to see how Semmy would get on on the right wing but don''t think this will happen in a diamond as he''s not disciplined enough. He would have to be "hugging the touchline" in a flat 4-4-2 with McNamee on the opposite flank. That''d scare the opposition with their pace :)