Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

IT`S A PROMOTION SEASON

Thinking back to the last time our Club won promotion, and what a fantastic memory it is, I get the same feeling now that I got then,.there is that air of invincibility at CR now and we go to  games expecting to win, we are also getting most of the luck  going our way, whether it be a refs. decision or Cory`s goal last night, it all seems to be going our way. Lambert has the luck that`s needed to win promotion, substitutions come off, players are pretty much staying free of injury, Worthy was the same for a while, it all feels right. I went last night and whilst we did play some good footy, Southend could have easily scored a couple against us but it just didn`t happen for them, I think it`s our season full stop and promotion is guaranteed.  

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Thinking back to the last time our Club won promotion, and what a fantastic memory it is, I get the same feeling now that I got then,.there is that air of invincibility at CR now and we go to  games expecting to win, we are also getting most of the luck  going our way, whether it be a refs. decision or Cory`s goal last night, it all seems to be going our way. Lambert has the luck that`s needed to win promotion, substitutions come off, players are pretty much staying free of injury, Worthy was the same for a while, it all feels right. I went last night and whilst we did play some good footy, Southend could have easily scored a couple against us but it just didn`t happen for them, I think it`s our season full stop and promotion is guaranteed.  [/quote]What I''m wondering is does it have to be a promotion season. I think it does. What I mean is will we have the squad and money to mount another challenge like Leeds have next term if heaven forbid we fail to gain promotion this season.There is every chance of holding on to our stars in January given our current position and that they would only be destined for the championship themselves at best anyway. But will the likes of Holt, Hoolahan and others still be with us next season, like say Beckford if we have to suffer another Div 1 season?

[url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-scared-smileys.php][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sad/sad0020.gif[/img][/url]

..... A jinx if i ever saw one.

Oh well, at least it was fun to know what it''s like to win again....

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="canarytom"]Don''t jinx us![/quote]

Wrong forum

[/quote]

Shut up you idiot

[/quote]

herrrrrrrrr herrrrrrrrr wrong answer[:D]

Personally for me it''s too early to get excited about the prospect we might be promoted.

Now I sit and wait the rest of the season for the team to prove me wrong hahaha

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Thinking back to the last time our Club won promotion, and what a fantastic memory it is, I get the same feeling now that I got then,.there is that air of invincibility at CR now and we go to  games expecting to win, we are also getting most of the luck  going our way, whether it be a refs. decision or Cory`s goal last night, it all seems to be going our way. Lambert has the luck that`s needed to win promotion, substitutions come off, players are pretty much staying free of injury, Worthy was the same for a while, it all feels right. I went last night and whilst we did play some good footy, Southend could have easily scored a couple against us but it just didn`t happen for them, I think it`s our season full stop and promotion is guaranteed.  [/quote]
What I''m wondering is does it have to be a promotion season. I think it does. What I mean is will we have the squad and money to mount another challenge like Leeds have next term if heaven forbid we fail to gain promotion this season.

There is every chance of holding on to our stars in January given our current position and that they would only be destined for the championship themselves at best anyway. But will the likes of Holt, Hoolahan and others still be with us next season, like say Beckford if we have to suffer another Div 1 season?
[/quote]

I agree that we will probably keep our squad together in January thanks to the way things are going, I cant see this squad staying together for another season in Div 3 though. 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Personally for me it''s too early to get excited about the prospect we might be promoted.

[/quote]

But it`s nice to dream eh?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

But it`s nice to dream eh?

[/quote]

Good grief yes, it''s been years since i''ve even dreamt of promotion