Sign in to follow this  
CRAZY LEGS

what positions would you try to strengthen in january

for me has to be a centre back because if askou got injured, we could forget the top two with doc and nelson at the back,

if we have any money i think a right winger is the only other area we need to strenghen.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

If we sign McNamee that is the winger.

Definate CB, and another Forward - Holt and Martin are doing good - need back up

[/quote]

don''t mcnamee play on the left, be good to have one either side

We would probably be in another relegation dog fight with Gunn still in charge, it''s still to early to say whether relegation really was a blessing in disguise or not, but im positive that the general mood amongst Norwich fans wouldn''t be as good as it is now had we stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season.

Centre back cover is all we need in my opinion.

Smith is doing well on the right of a more narrow diamond. Otsemobor given a run out on the right wing if we go to a flat 4-4-2.

Russell Martin and Spillane for the right back spot. (don''t forget Francomb as well. He did alright)

Lappin and Drury for the left back spot.

Lappin and McNamee for the the left wing position in either diamond or flat 4-4-2. (Hoolahan if desperate)

Hughes, Hoolahan, Smith, Russell, Adeyemi, OTJ for centre midfield.

Holt, Martin, McDonald, Hoolahan perhaps for up front.

I knwo a few players have been mentioned for multiple roles but that is the joy of their versatility.

The only person we really have to cover CB is Spillane (when he returns) and Nelson. I don''t think Nelson can play well with either Askou or Doc so can''t be looked at as reliable cover.

At the beginning of the season I wanted rid of Doc. I really did. (This was before the 7-1 debacle by the way) He''s turned his performances around though and it will be interesting to see how he copes this time round if we do get promoted.

So we may be needing two new centre backs come next season. 1 to partner Askou and one for backup, but hey, let''s not get ahead of ourselves ;)

There has to be cover for Askou. Even if Spillane is fit, I do not fancy a CB combination comprising two of Nelson, Doc, Spillane.We are relaying a little too much on Holty''s fire power. Martin seems a shadow in some games, Cody is good off the bench and Curo really past it, so if Holty is injured, whom do we put in his place - Rusty again? We have to find an effective striker soon.(I am assuming that Martin (R) and Macnamee will be here in any case. Neither should command a high fee.

For me we need a target man;  Our side without Holt at the top is not the same.

At the back it is not good enough to have Nelson as the cover cb,  although Spillane and Drury could cover there too;  it seems too soon for Stephens or Dumic.

In midfield if we go 442,  which we will need to to accomodate AM on the left we will also need a right sided midfielder,  WLY or Daley are the only options at the moment and neither are suitable,  and I dont want Smith out wide as he is better centrally, as is Hughes.

[quote user="Salopian"]There has to be cover for Askou. Even if Spillane is fit, I do not fancy a CB combination comprising two of Nelson, Doc, Spillane.

We are relaying a little too much on Holty''s fire power. Martin seems a shadow in some games, Cody is good off the bench and Curo really past it, so if Holty is injured, whom do we put in his place - Rusty again? We have to find an effective striker soon.

(I am assuming that Martin (R) and Macnamee will be here in any case. Neither should command a high fee.
[/quote]

We also need a No1 keeper, we only have Rudd and Steer and Skippy was a waste of space to start with

I''d like at least one more striker. If Grant Holt was to get a bad injury our promotion campaign would be pretty stuffed. A striker with a bit of physical presence and pace would be nice.

Cover for Holt ie target man and cover for Askou. The Carlisle game showed how exposed when Doc and Nelson are our only CB options. Other than these no need to tinker at all and risk harming the strong morale at the club

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Get shot of ..Otsemobor. [/quote]

until we have a fit spillane I would be loathe to get rid of Ots  - one of the reasons for having Martin is we have no cover for Ots... swap ots for another RB - completely up for that. 

First off make Martin and McNamee''s transfers permanent if they impress. This seems more than likely given what''s been said.

Then I think we could do with an extra CB - Seaborne?

As others have said, we need another big striker. I''d look at Richard Brodie of York City, as he''s young, cheap, and in my opinion could make the step-up to being understudy for Holt.

Wouldn''t say no to a further winger, but we could live with just McNamee.

Cureton, Theoklitos, Otsemobor, McVeigh all free to go. Keep Gill to the end of the season as we''re short in CM, unless we can do a swap with Exeter (ie Seaborne for Gill) in which case move him on.

cover for Askou

McNamee can paly on either wing i think, so perhaps another winger for the RHS

May be get that lad that is banging them in for Southend, Barnard? then we can use Martin out wide?