Sign in to follow this  
Herbert

great away day

Now on the train back into london, superb away day great fans great atmosphere and 3 goals to go with it!! Well done to all involved!

Y''Army!!!!!

Was there tonight aswell....superb support as always, singing the whole ninety mins. Much much better than sat, our quality really show''d in the end. Finally we now have a goal scorer in holt....was abit dispointed with wes tonight seemed quiet and gave the ball away on several occasions. My player ratings are:

[quote user="london Canary"]

Was there tonight aswell....superb support as always, singing the whole ninety mins. Much much better than sat, our quality really show''d in the end. Finally we now have a goal scorer in holt....was abit dispointed with wes tonight seemed quiet and gave the ball away on several occasions. My player ratings are:

[/quote]

Well that''s not a very good performance at all. You haven''t given anyone a single point! [:P]

I thought we played poorly in the first half - probably a hangover from Saturday, and nil nil was a fair reflection

2nd half totally different although we still looked dodgy at the back when Southend pressured us

Overall a good win

As an aside I thought those electronic turnstiles were bizarre....

Yeh i really enjoyed tonight. I havvnt seen an away win in about 2 years now so seeing us win away and win 3-0 was very enjoyable. Got there pretty early and there seemed to be alot of fans drinking in southend throughout the day so there were alot of city fans in all the different pubs. Must have been 2000 fans there which made it a good atmosphere and i certainly got a few bruises after jumping over a few seats and falling over when celebrating the goals. If im honest I really dont think we were brilliant at all tonight. To be honest I thought there werent really many chances at all. Southend put a bit of pressure on towards the end and forced forster to make a good save in the first half but apart from that diddnt really see too much. And even we diddnt really create too many chances throughout the game I just think we took our chances and that obviously was the difference. But at the end of the day if your winning 3-0 and not playing at your best you are obviously doing something right.

Enjoyed it too despite arriving 15 mins into the game along with a good 50 late-comers. The traffic was apocalyptic! Loved the two dozen noisy boys in the Southend West stand mocking us during the only 5 mins of quiet for not singing!

[quote user="Barclay hero"]I thought we played poorly in the first half - probably a hangover from Saturday, and nil nil was a fair reflection 2nd half totally different although we still looked dodgy at the back when Southend pressured us Overall a good win As an aside I thought those electronic turnstiles were bizarre....[/quote]

Yes I have to avoid those turnstiles, they give my pace maker a jolt and knock me for six, When I first had it fitted I forgot obout it and went into Tesco''s, ending up in the news paper stall and all alarms going, It''s the same at Airports too I have to go through the back way, But on the brigher note I get to stay at home when the shops are open LOL