Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

FFS! Give Lambert Credit!

Agreed Wiz, I put a joke post on the other thread saying Worthington should be given credit for last nights win because he provided half of the back four, in the same way that some people keep chirping on about Gunn''s team just to show how futile their continual argument is.

At the end of the day football is a results based business, Lambert is getting them Gunn wasn''t, that should be the full stop at the end of the argument for me. It doesn''t matter which players Gunn brought in that are doing well now under Lambert. As long as they continue doing that, thats all that matters.

Lambert is the best thing to happen to this club since the short lived days of martin O Neil. He motivates his players , has them well organised and we go into most games expecting rather than hoping to win. I go with whatever decisions he makes. This is his team now and i fear poor old Gunny could spot a decent player but could not organise or motivate them.

I think any sane Norwich fan will see the great team management job that Lambert is doing!

In my opinion the 1st proper manager we''ve had since Worthington (pre premiership season!).

Though I still give credit to Gunn for some of his astute signings!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Lambert is the best thing to happen to this club since the short lived days of martin O Neil. He motivates his players , has them well organised and we go into most games expecting rather than hoping to win. I go with whatever decisions he makes. This is his team now and i fear poor old Gunny could spot a decent player but could not organise or motivate them.[/quote]

I totally agree with the above but also feel that Mc Nally is also part of our sucess lets not forget what Doncaster said last season that "loans" are the way forward for this club now he - Doncaster - has gone the feel good factor is returning.

He has done brilliantly since he took over, great credit to him.

I recently read that since he has been in charge, we have taken 34 points out of a possible 48 which is brilliant!

i agree full credit to paul lambert and his staff so far hes been fantastic the best thing thats happened here for a while now.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Gunn did that, Worthy signed him, its Roeders team this etc.

Wake up, only one man and his team has turned City round.

PAUL LAMBERT!

[/quote]

Wrong.

McNally has turned the club around.

Lambert has turned the team around.

Now the new board has to give them enough time and resources to climb all the way back up that hill again.

OTBC

god yea..norwich are playing with passion and skill,lambert had the balls to put korey smith in and now the youth boys are gagging for a place.

putting pressure on the older players.

havent seen city this good since worthing pre-prem days

[quote user="Badgerboy"]god yea..norwich are playing with passion and skill,lambert had the balls to put korey smith in and now the youth boys are gagging for a place. putting pressure on the older players. havent seen city this good since worthing pre-prem days[/quote]

For the sake of accuracy it was Bryan Gunn who ''had the balls to put Korey Smith in'' at the end of last  season. But I certainly endorse your general sentiments, badger.

OTBC

Agree he''s turned the team round but lets also give McNally shared credit for bringing him into the club in the first place.

It`s a no brainer really, it doesnt matter who signed the players, Lambert has got them playing as a team, playing with confidence, playing with passion and winning, that`s hs job and he`s very good at it!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Agree he''s turned the team round but lets also give McNally shared credit for bringing him into the club in the first place.

[/quote]

Ok then. Let''s give Delia and MWJ credit for bringing McNally to the club in the first place.

Let''s then give Robert Chase credit for fecking the club up enough that Delia and MWJ came to the club in the first place...

Have to say Lambert is superb in his preparation of the team. Mcnally is also someone who deserves great credit for his ambition and strength in steering this club back from the depths. Also, for saying what many fans have thought for a long time that what happens on the pitch is the most important.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Let''s also give Delia some credit for getting McNally on board in the first place who then got Lambert and the rest is history!![/quote]

How do we know it was anything to do with her?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Let''s also give Delia some credit for getting McNally on board in the first place who then got Lambert and the rest is history!![/quote]

How do we know it was anything to do with her?

[/quote]Who decides who''s on the Board?

[quote user="shortfatb"]I would imagine Shyster was asked for his advice somewhere along the line.[/quote]Nah, they couldn''t afford him.I mean, you do know who he REALLY is, don''t you?????

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="shortfatb"]I would imagine Shyster was asked for his advice somewhere along the line.[/quote]Nah, they couldn''t afford him.I mean, you do know who he REALLY is, don''t you?????

[/quote]I know what he is....

Please enlighten us who don''t know ron. Because if by looking at his last few posts, he is anybody of note in the club setup then I may just have to jump ship, and laser out a sizeable tattoo in the process. Please don''t let them near my bell-end again, please...

Yeh I wish people would give him more credit as he deserves it. If you would have offered 3rd place to us at the start of december and just three league defeats since the colchester game then most city fans would have bitten your hand off! It just annoys me that the pro gunn brigade seem to still be on stand by waiting to have a go at lambert as soon as we lose (eg after leeds for not making a sub or even after carlisle he got a lot of stick on here). Lets face it Gunn was never the man for the job and the fact that he is working for a phone company shows how unqualified he is as a manager

I don''t understand the motives of the pro-Gunn lobby.

Where are they coming from?

He is never coming back to the club-so continued deification of him and condemnation of Lambert isn''t ever going to mean that someone sees the (non-existent) light and re-appoints Gunn!

City won 4-0 at Yeovil in Gunn''s last match-if he was in charge-no doubt, if we win the league game there 3-0 or less, pro-Gunn will be waving their placards again?

Managers come and go, as do players, but there are some that can''t cut the ties that bond them and the club to Gunn. But he''s gone, forever, and he isn''t coming back. Admire him as a player-yes, as a man-yes. As a Manager. No. Wasn''t up to the job.

The point scoring on this thread sums up what is so painfully wrong with the fan base, including me!

Its Gunn side that did this, if only he had a chance,, Lambert has only turned the team around not the club, mcnally has done this, delia that, it cant be the stowmarket two cos I cant give them any credit.  For goodness sake who cares?  Just enjoy the fun for now - its been tough enough for too long,  let the bitterness go and rejoice in a little success!

2009 has been a complete turmoil of a year for the club. It started as a shambles when the board (incl Delia) chose to dismiss Roeder (probably rightly) without having a plan around who to appoint next (so so wrong).  The board then chose the worst option (IMO) to appoint a complete novice manager to ensure we avoided relegation.  Unsurprisingly that failed.   As a result we were relegated and  40% of the board left the club. The 3 remaining members to compounded their decision making error by sticking with Gunn (possibly in hindsight to the clubs benefit!).   The board of 3 (incl Delia) either struck lucky or did their homework properly and enticed McNally to join. Gunn built the squad he wanted.  The board of 4 then expanded their membership with 3 more decision makers.

The season kicks off disasterously, which leads to reported in fighting amongst team gunn and some say Gunn is brutally sacked. again a board decision, popularly led by McNally but equally a decision that can only be taken by the board.  The board acts (again either striking lucky or doing its homework, lead by one or acting together - it dioes not matter) decisively to put in place a manager who has the opportunity to gain the promotion the club desperately needs.

It is clear to me that the club was in a terminal downward spiral.  McNally and Lambert have been instrumental in the last 3 months in resurrecting us from 23rd spot in Div 3.  However for as much criticism as the board rightly face for appointing Gunn they deserve as much credit in what seems to be the pivotal appointment of McNally.

Either way - we are ending the year in a far better position that we started it, or even started this season.  My club is back on the up.  It has gotten nowhere yet. But the rot appears to have been treated and stopped.  Action was needed, and taken, to acheive that.  My relief and  thanks goes to everyone involved at the club for (fortuitously or otherwise) turning things around since those dark summer months.  

Whilst I am backing Lambert as the man that has sorted out our team, I think we have to give plenty of credit to his back room staff as well. Mr Lambert is certainly not a one man band and his staff often go without praise.

Agreed that McNally and team/board are sorting out the club, and Lambert and team are sorting out the squad.

Whilst I am backing Lambert as the man that has sorted out our team, I think we have to give plenty of credit to his back room staff as well. Mr Lambert is certainly not a one man band and his staff often go without praise.

Agreed that McNally and team/board are sorting out the club, and Lambert and team are sorting out the squad.

I have made all the comments about Gunn that I''m going to, Oh well thats life, and we move onward and upwards, I agree with B-ru Lambert is not a one man band and the others deserve credit too, but as an other observation is the amount of away fans we have has increased match by match, Yes last season we had a good following away, but this season we are up in the 1,000+, that has to be credit to Lambert and Co. I was at Southend and saw what we had there was sheer brilliant the feelgood mood back again and so to jingle bells.  

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Gunn did that, Worthy signed him, its Roeders team this etc.

Wake up, only one man and his team has turned City round.

PAUL LAMBERT!

[/quote]

I doubt that any fan would disagree that Lambert has clearly done an excellent job so far and I am confident that he has 100% support from all the fans. However, what has angered many fans is the constant rubbishing of Gunn. Lambert deserves credit for what he has so far achieved. But Gunn deserves credit too for stopping the rot, bringing is some excellent new players, giving academy players such as Smith, Adeyemi etc their chance and so on. What he doesn''t deserve is the constant and gratuitous contempt displayed by so many posters on here. None of us will ever know whether or not Gunn would have been a good manager for us because he wasn''t given the chance to show what he could do with the squad of players that he and Butterworth assembled. Either way it is just pure speculation so therefore pointless. Posters such as Pope Beausant pontificating that "Gunn was a disaster" are just indulging in self-congratulatory hyperbole. It might sound very authoratitive to the Pontiff and his friends on here but it''s just a silly statement to make. However, one thing is indisputable - that Gunn was either brave or stupid to step up to the plate when he did because - fact - he inherited a truly awful squad of players, of which a significant proportion were Roeder''s loanees and the better contracted players wanted to go, a poisonous atmosphere, a rudderless ship of a club suffering from years of mismanagement and misdirection and a thoroughly disgruntled set of fans most of whom were ready to explode with "righteous indignation". Gunn didn''t take the club down, his predecessors, owners and directors had already effectively done that. The trouble is that the one dimensional posters on this MB don''t recognise that fact or are incapabable of understanding it. I fully support Lambert and I have a high regard for him but there is no doubt in my mind that he would not have saved us from relegation had he taken over when Gunn did. I will continue to support Lambert but I will continue defending Gunn as long as silly posters on here continue to feel the need to give ALL the credit to Lambert and at the same time rubbish Gunn.