Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Gppd to see Holty acknowledging his song last night

By which i mean the "we f*8king love Grant Holt" chant and not feed the horse. Within 10 seconds of it starting he was applauding the fans singing it. Clearly loves it so lets give him some more love at future games!

Yeah - that was cool. Did it slyly though. They''re not really encouraged to do that during play are they? Bit distracting I suppose...

Good I hope he stays at NCFC for a VERY long time.

I F***ing love Grant Holt!

there were some great suggestions for a song for Wes a few weeks back, to the Kaisers'' Ruby and ''Go Wes'' to the pet shop boys.

have either of them caught on yet?

[quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]or good even![/quote]you need to cut your finger nails [;)][/quote]That''s assuming that he was typing with his hands!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]By which i mean the "we f*8king love Grant Holt" chant and not feed the horse. Within 10 seconds of it starting he was applauding the fans singing it. Clearly loves it so lets give him some more love at future games![/quote]

has anyone actully sang feed the horse,if so did people laugh at you

Everyone sang it last night JS. Not as good as the "we f''ing love Grant Holt" though. Not sung with as much gusto either.

[quote user=""]

I saw a good one on the pinkun twitter page earlier...

To the theme of Coldplays ''Yellow'' ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAME8GDRTfI ) :

You see Grant Holt,He scored a Goal forrrrr you,And then he went and scorrrrrred two,And he wore Yellow!

Can picture the last line bein pretty powerful [:)]

[/quote]I have to say i''ve seen many different version of the song ''Yellow''

being inerpreted into a football chant, and generally, it''s never given

off the impression that it would be effective, given the nature of the

song.But i personally think that one is pretty damn good! Wierldly, i feel i could hear that one ringing around Carrow Road.I certainly hope i''m not the only one to take to this version.

[quote user="Norwich RUs"]

To the theme of Coldplays ''Yellow'' ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAME8GDRTfI ) :

You see Grant Holt,He scored a Goal forrrrr you,And then he went and scorrrrrred two,And he wore Yellow!

[/quote]trying to get a 2nd versein came the cross,a crossss just for you,what and did you do,you scored a goal or 2, to be fair, the coldplay song works perfectly

"to be fair, the coldplay song works perfectly"

Er, there''s a reason that most football chants are based on songs such as ''Son of My Father'', ''Guantanamara'' and ''Bread of Heaven'' - they''re simple, rhythmic and easy to learn.

''Yellow'' isn''t, which is why it hasn''t caught on in the nine-odd years it''s had since it came out. If it was I''m sure we would have adopted it by now!

Keep it simple and it''ll usually stick.

[quote user="Declan"]"to be fair, the coldplay song works perfectly" Er, there''s a reason that most football chants are based on songs such as ''Son of My Father'', ''Guantanamara'' and ''Bread of Heaven'' - they''re simple, rhythmic and easy to learn. ''Yellow'' isn''t, which is why it hasn''t caught on in the nine-odd years it''s had since it came out. If it was I''m sure we would have adopted it by now! Keep it simple and it''ll usually stick.[/quote]

Mate its Coldplay not Beethoven

Although many of the best chants are very simple, one thing I love about the game here is the fans singing in full voice ie ''OTBC'', ''You''ll never walk alone'' etc that really get the hairs raised on the back of the neck. The atmosphere it creates is brilliant. Back home you just get a few stones rattled in an empty beer can accompanying something like ''Killen''s a w@nker''.

I quite enjoyed the "Grant Holt is Superman" chant at Stockport, it was simple and said what it needed to say...

And I can''t really see Chris Martin serenading his strike partner often, if at all... : )

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user=""]

[/quote]I have to say i''ve seen many different version of the song ''Yellow''

being inerpreted into a football chant, and generally, it''s never given

off the impression that it would be effective, given the nature of the

song.But i personally think that one is pretty damn good! Wierldly, i feel i could hear that one ringing around Carrow Road.I certainly hope i''m not the only one to take to this version.[/quote]No No No No, you got it all wrong with Yellow !We have a perfect opportunity right hereHe wrote a song,He scored a goal or two,Theres only 2 Chrissy MartinsAND THIER BOTH YELLOW

For the Thickies ;)[img] http://rockonworldwide.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/martin.jpg [/img]Chrisy Martin, Norwich City striker[img]http://img.skysports.com/09/09/218x298/Chris-Martin-Norwich_2355139.jpg[/img]Chrissy Martin, Singer from Coldplay

What is the tune that We f**king love Grant Holt is sung to?

Personally can''t stand the "We f**$$g love Grant Holt" song, not when you have a seven year old who idolises him.

When he started to watch Norwich, Hucks was in his prime and he loved the chant, singing it all the time at home.

This song is just neandathol, ffed the horse is a much better option, in my opinion.

Prepared to be abused for having an opinion different to others.......

Personally can''t stand the "We f**$$g love Grant Holt" song, not when you have a seven year old who idolises him.

When he started to watch Norwich, Hucks was in his prime and he loved the chant, singing it all the time at home.

This song is just neandathol, feed the horse is a much better option, in my opinion.

Prepared to be abused for having an opinion different to others.......

You can slate me for being soft, but I do feel that there is no need to add swear words into chants. I took my young cousin to his first game against Bristol Rovers and he loved it. We were at the top of the Barclay singing away, but was very conscious of him hearing me swear... so I didn''t. Whilst it could be ok from time to time, to create a specific song with swear words in shows a little lack of invention and vocabulary.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]What is the tune that We f**king love Grant Holt is sung to?[/quote]

Blue moon

I agree. Although it''s inevitable there''s always going to be foul mouthed idiots swearing at football matches, to create a song with swear words is just wrong. Surely people can come up with more witty adjectives to use.

[quote user="dizgoo"]

Swearing at a football match....whatever next!

Give me strength.

[/quote]

I am fully aware that there is plenty of swearing that goes on at games...

My point was that there is no need to create chants that include swearing.