Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Richard Balls column

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Still can''t see it Pete, just the one from last week.[/quote]

That''s what I meant by the delay. Will go up every Friday morning from now on though.

weren`t his reasons that he stopped doing the colmn something along the lines of  we are crap and he`d run out of things to say about how crap we were ? and now we are winning a few games he wants to come back and do his column ? i`ve heard of fair weather fans but fair weather columnists takes the biscuit..don`t bother richard i`ll read the ones who stuck with us [:D]

Are Archant now so deep in the clubs pocket that even a column from their "tormentor in chief" criticises nobody at all currently at the club.

[;)]

More importantly the owner of Colchester United claims that he has not been interviewed by the Eastern Daily Press over the ever so slightly controversial dispute between the two clubs.  Pity, as he chats away happily.  Only the BBC, Colchester Gazette and the East Anglian Daily Times made the journey.

Makes you wonder guv.[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

More importantly the owner of Colchester United claims that he has not been interviewed by the Eastern Daily Press over the ever so slightly controversial dispute between the two clubs.  Pity, as he chats away happily.  Only the BBC, Colchester Gazette and the East Anglian Daily Times made the journey.

[/quote]

Perhaps they feared for their own safety, Cowling appears quite insane to me.

[quote user="pennywise "]weren`t his reasons that he stopped doing the colmn something along the lines of  we are crap and he`d run out of things to say about how crap we were ? and now we are winning a few games he wants to come back and do his column ? i`ve heard of fair weather fans but fair weather columnists takes the biscuit..don`t bother richard i`ll read the ones who stuck with us [:D][/quote]

When Richard Balls previously wrote his column it was because he was an Archant employee.He left to work for Norwich City Council hence the column stopped.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Are Archant now so deep in the clubs pocket that even a column from their "tormentor in chief" criticises nobody at all currently at the club.

[;)]

[/quote]

Maybe you wrote it for him Nutty!

[/quote]

What the heck has this got to do with Richard Balls article?........................Oh i see Cam it is another opportunity for you to have a dig at Archant.How boring and predictable.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As if!! I''d rather post on here and get you on my case.[:''(]

Blogs and columns are for "the precious ones" [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought you were not going to rise to any "Nutty baiting".

Talking of "precious ones" anybody know where she is?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought you were not going to rise to any "Nutty baiting".

Talking of "precious ones" anybody know where she is?

[/quote]

Didn''t realise that was nutty baiting[:O]

Don''t know where she is. Maybe she''s studying TV footage of the Southend game for the Delia Out chants that Smudger promised me.

Now Kathy sent me some photo''s taken in the Golden Thingummyjig and the amber liquid in your glass looks like it came from the Golden Thingummyjig but the "Geezer Bird''s" Newcastle Brown looks suspiciously like coke[:O]

[;)]

[quote user="pennywise "]weren`t his reasons that he stopped doing the colmn something along the lines of  we are crap and he`d run out of things to say about how crap we were ? and now we are winning a few games he wants to come back and do his column ? i`ve heard of fair weather fans but fair weather columnists takes the biscuit..don`t bother richard i`ll read the ones who stuck with us [:D][/quote]

I had a good chat with Richard after the opening game of last season after we had lost 0-2 the Ricoh. He mentioned had written a thousand words a week for eight years or so, and decided to call it a day. I''m glad he''s back writing again.

[/quote]Just for the record, I made a couple of requests over the weeks to speak to Cowling and co and never got anywhere.As for any meetings, the EADT is an Archant paper which is useful for us at times too.Carry on...

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Just for the record, I made a couple of requests over the weeks to speak to Cowling and co and never got anywhere.

As for any meetings, the EADT is an Archant paper which is useful for us at times too.

Carry on...
[/quote]

Great to see one of the original PUPs made good[Y]

Leave a selection for Graham while you''re here mbncfc[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]Just for the record, I made a couple of requests over the weeks to speak to Cowling and co and never got anywhere.As for any meetings, the EADT is an Archant paper which is useful for us at times too.Carry on...[/quote]

Great to see one of the original PUPs made good[Y]

Leave a selection for Graham while you''re here mbncfc[;)]

[/quote]Would be an honour, just like the old days.