Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Holt's Stats this season...

With Grant Holt having just become the highest scorer in the entire football league, I thought it''d be a good time to look at his stats. Just for arguments sake, I looked at the stats of Dimitar Berbatov as well...I am NOT saying Holt is better than Berbatov. I merely found it interesting to compare between our own player (let''s not forget it''s League One level) and a world class striker. Grant Holt''s stats are on the left, and Berbatov''s on the right.

By the way, these stats don''t take todays matches into account (where Holt scored 2 more, and Berbatov drew a blank) so the up-to-date stats would do nothing but improve Holt''s figures.

Games: 22                                                                                                                                  Games: 15

As sub: 0                                                                                                                                    As sub: 4

Goals: 16                                                                                                                                   Goals: 4

Assists: 4                                                                                                                                    Assists: 2

Games per goal (when starting): 1.38                                                                                           Games per goal (when starting): 2.75   

Games per goal (inc. subs): 1.38                                                                                                  Games per goal (inc. subs): 3.75 

50% of shots on target                                                                                                                 45.7% of shots on target

28.6% of shots = goals                                                                                                                11.4% of shots = goals 

69.6% of shots on target = goals                                                                                                  25% of shots on target = goals

5.5 games per assist                                                                                                                     5.5 games per assist

2.2 fouls committed per game                                                                                                       1.8 fouls commited per game

2.4 fouls suffered per game                                                                                                           1.5 fouls suffered per game

4.4 games per yellow card                                                                                                            3.7 games per yellow card

This just shows what a good player Holt is for our level. His ration of shots to goals is phenomenal, especially those that are on target. Obviously, the opposition is a much different quality, but I''m still extremely impressed at how these particular percentages match up.

What''s also intriguing is that the "rough and tumble" style of Holt only produces 0.4 fouls more per game than the supposedly elegant Berbatov. Given that Holt earn''s us many more free-kicks than DM does for Man U, this is easily forgiven, especially as he wins more free-kicks than he gives away. Interesting as well that he doesn''t pick up as many yellows.

[quote user="rocky marshall"]Why pick Berbatov? Completely irrational. Drogba as a comparison would be an equivalent as a ''top scorer'' or perhaps Defoe - but not Berbatov.[/quote]

just makes holt look better [;)]

Holty has certainly won me around.  I thought we had dropped a clanger especially after seeing him wobble around the pitch on the opening day.

But credit where its due to Gunny he signed a top man there and can see him going past the 30 mark this season if he stays injury free.  A snip at under £500k in hindsight.

Well done holty keep it up and where going up !

[quote user="rocky marshall"]Why pick Berbatov? Completely irrational. Drogba as a comparison would be an equivalent as a ''top scorer'' or perhaps Defoe - but not Berbatov.[/quote]

Why not? Man Utd paid £30 odd million for DM and we paid 1/60th of that for Holt. It''s not particularly relevant...but who cares!

I''ll compare it with Drogba later and provide the stats if it makes you feel better...

More interestingly perhaps, I''ll have a look at him against Beckford.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

Why not? Man Utd paid £30 odd million for DM and we paid 1/60th of that for Holt. It''s not particularly relevant...but who cares!

I''ll compare it with Drogba later and provide the stats if it makes you feel better...

More interestingly perhaps, I''ll have a look at him against Beckford.

[/quote]

Yeah make sure you compare him to beckford. beckfords shot/goal ratio is awful i''m guessing, would be an interesting stat, cheers.

Well not sure on Beckford shot ratio''s etc but he has scored 14 goals in 21 games.

League 12 in 16

FA Cup 1 in 2

Carling Cup 0 in 2

JPT 1 in 1

He has failed to score in 9 games this season