Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Should we play Holt in JPT?

I would like to save him personally but i''m concerned that a Martin/Cody front two or whatever the alternative is just won''t cut it against a decent team like saints.

I really hope Lambert continues with his current approach and doesn''t play him. I know there is plenty of enthusiasm on here for the Paint Pot but with 46 league games to get through and our automatic promotion hopes resting on, among other things, Holt''s continued presence and good form, he should definitely be rested.

Personally, I''d still swap three points against Oldham on Saturday for any win in the JPT and unless Lambert moves Cureton out in January and brings in a credible striker to support Holt, I''d continue with the policy as long as we stay in it - apart from the final (if the B side got us there that is).

I''d also rest Wes and Drury again, as these are other positions where we rely too heavily on just one player.

I am in favour of our strongest line up now in this competition, after seeing our second string struggle against swindon.. so yes i think a form player should be playing

I don''t think our second string is good enough for this division so not against soton... i think we can play him we can always sub him 1/2 way through the second half... but right now a striker bang in form does not want to left out of a team

holt will have a bad run so make the most of it now... I am worried that with him getting injured that we are a completely different team... but for a one legged 90 minutes tie agianst soton he is good to go... we could play some second string players in the two legged final

[quote user="a1canary"]What about the issue of money? How much would the final be worth to us? Anyone have any idea?[/quote]

Yes I''m banking on a trip to Wembley but not in playoffs, so yes play strongest team

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="a1canary"]What about the issue of money? How much would the final be worth to us? Anyone have any idea?[/quote]

Yes I''m banking on a trip to Wembley but not in playoffs, so yes play strongest team

[/quote]Agreed, we should put our best 11 out, once we go a few goals up, we can change things around a bit

Looking at the date of the Saints fixture it''s sandwiched between a trip to Yeovil and a home game against Huddersfield. I''d prefer us to make changes to ensure we don''t run out of steam against Huddersfield and I guess Lambert will see it the same way.

As McNally keeps saying, promotion this season is the only thing that matters.

We not only need him to play for his goals but for his captaincy, Martin and Cody will be far too light weight against their centre halves and could be pushed off the ball too easily. Southampton are too good not to observe that Wes only has a left foot and they can mark him out of the game by forcing him on to his right foot, so we won''t need him that night. Let''s give them something to htink about and have some battlers in the middle, so too some width preferably!We can easily do them over at their place, with some HOlty magic and leadership early doors he can be taken off early in the 2nd half.

It''s a simple equation really, if we play anything less than our strongest team we WILL get knocked out.

Southampton certainly will be taking it seriously and as was shown in the league match, we had to be at our best to come away with a point.

So it really comes down to how much Lambert really wants this.

ForsterMartin JBS Doc WigginsMcNamee Hughes Adeyemi LappinHolt Codyprobably play summat like that myself

Up until now I always would have played a weakened team but now I''d start to put out the strongest team possible.

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

[quote user="marchisio"]ForsterMartin JBS Doc WigginsMcNamee Hughes Adeyemi LappinHolt Codyprobably play summat like that myself[/quote]

so 7 reserves ?  have you ever been to  a live game ?

[/quote]eh

REST????? Put our best ruddy team out.

We dont play 3 games a week everyweek. These fixture build ups dont happen week in and week out.

Couple of weeks time we will be back to 1 game a week.

When your on form hit every game as it comes and continue the run. Lets knock the saints out and get this squad to a final. If Holt got injured then so be it. We have 46 games this season he can get injured in anyone of them. Why wrap a player up in cotton wool, he could quiet as easily strain himself next match for NOT playing midweek. COME ON YOU YELLOWS !!!