Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

OT Help Required.

Chaps/Chapettes and Wizard,

I know there are a few geeky football fans on here....

Can anyone name me a South American footballer who is pretty decent but has a growing reputation for being a little wild? i.e lifestyle...loads of bookings... etc etc...

No one obvious like Adriano...

Your recommendation might be in 442 if it fits! 

If you could help i''d be really grateful...

Cheers

James

[quote user="The Chirp"]

Chaps/Chapettes and Wizard,

I know there are a few geeky football fans on here....

Can anyone name me a South American footballer who is pretty decent but has a growing reputation for being a little wild? i.e lifestyle...loads of bookings... etc etc...

No one obvious like Adriano...

Your recommendation might be in 442 if it fits! 

If you could help i''d be really grateful...

Cheers

James

[/quote]

Leaving aside Romario, how about Bruno, the Flamengo goalkeeper? Takes free kicks and penalties, has been fined for assaulting a prostitute, referred to the Tribunal of Sports Justice for a head high tackle and  denounced by his teammates as a club spy.

Bruno... he sounds perfect! thanks... If anyone can think of anyone else I''d appreciate it.

Not on Football Manager.. Although I wish I had a copy to hand... it''s actually an excellent research tool if you''re writing about footy.

Beau... thanks buddy.

442 had an article about Garrincha, the Brazilian great of the 50''s a while ago-great reading, now he WAS a character!

Been looking over the net, I can''t find anythnig on Bruno being in trouble.. I know he had a party with prostitutes there but nothing on the spy part or the fine... Beau by any chance do you remember where you read about it?

Appreciate the help...  South American Football isn''t my strong point...

Thought the net would be full of stories of crazy brash south american footballers... but I can''t find any!

Found this guy...

Kleber, from Cruzeiro - "the new Animal", as he was nicknamed by Palmeiras fans.

He has done it all to match Edmundo''s reputation: fights on and off the pitch, sharp mouth, beautiful goals...

His latest stint - playing football in a Palmeiras'' ultras party while recovering from an injury (and on the eve of the Palmeiras-Cruzeiro clash) - was not a hit with the Cruzeiro fans, but the club board forgave him: "He''s a bigamous".

What do ya think??

Guys appreciate the help... Great to have the pinkun as a resource!

[quote user="The Chirp"]

Been looking over the net, I can''t find anythnig on Bruno being in trouble.. I know he had a party with prostitutes there but nothing on the spy part or the fine... Beau by any chance do you remember where you read about it?

Thought the net would be full of stories of crazy brash south american footballers... but I can''t find any!

[/quote]

No problem mate. It was in the May edition of WSC. I''ve tried to find it for you on their website but haven''t succeeded. However, I''m sufficiently anal to have kept the magazine so if you want to PM me your fax number I''ll be happy to ping it across!

Kerlon- I hate to say it, but his career is going in the same direction as Freddy Adu. will end up being lost in European football. Love watchin"the Seal" videos on youtube. He is also not enough of a character to be considred on this thread.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Chirp"]

[/quote]

No problem mate. It was in the May edition of WSC. I''ve tried to find it for you on their website but haven''t succeeded. However, I''m sufficiently anal to have kept the magazine so if you want to PM me your fax number I''ll be happy to ping it across!

[/quote]

Hey Beau,

I''ll write up this scally Kleber and see what the editor thinks... We might have the May edition of WSC in the office so i''ll look it up... Might be I can write Bruno up for the March issue.

Guys you''re help has been great!

[quote user="The Chirp"]

[/quote]Don''t forget Google comes in many different languages other than English and ''American''. suggest you try google brasil or argentina etc. the translator tool is your friend though I guess prostituta could be guess by non portugese speakers if pushed....google brasil results

I went with Kleber in the end... He is a real character! Look him up if you can... or... I guess buy 442 in Feb!

Beau... I have been trying to find that copy of when Saturday comes... (may ed) I''ve been asked back for the next two weeks so will very likely want to do the bruno article... If so I might take you up on your offer to get a scan or fax copy of it... Only if it is no bother for you...

So who is excited about the Draw?

I''ve written a 2,500 word low down on each team that i''ll put up in my blog tomorrow or tonight for those of you who are world cup mad and sad like myself who''ll read anything! :)

Thanks for the suggestions... will look all of them up as there are other sections in the mag for the nutty South Ams! 

[quote user="The Chirp"]

I went with Kleber in the end... He is a real character! Look him up if you can... or... I guess buy 442 in Feb!

Beau... I have been trying to find that copy of when Saturday comes... (may ed) I''ve been asked back for the next two weeks so will very likely want to do the bruno article... If so I might take you up on your offer to get a scan or fax copy of it... Only if it is no bother for you...

So who is excited about the Draw?

I''ve written a 2,500 word low down on each team that i''ll put up in my blog tomorrow or tonight for those of you who are world cup mad and sad like myself who''ll read anything! :)

Thanks for the suggestions... will look all of them up as there are other sections in the mag for the nutty South Ams! 

[/quote]

No problem mate. If you need it, PM me where you want it sent (I could do a scan if that''s preferable) and I ''ll get it to you[Y]