Sign in to follow this  
canaries1985

will we catch Charlton

[quote]The similarities are there for all to see with regards to two clubs

downward spirals. The main problem seems to be poor managerial

appointments AKA cheap options time after time.[/quote]I don''t think Roeder will have been cheap - just poor, sadly.  You could probably say the same for McAllister.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The similarities are there for all to see with regards to two clubs downward spirals. The main problem seems to be poor managerial appointments AKA cheap options time after time.[/quote]

I don''t think Roeder will have been cheap - just poor, sadly.  You could probably say the same for McAllister.
[/quote]

Fair comment Blah. I will stick with poor managerial appointments then [:)]

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The similarities are there for all to see with regards to two clubs downward spirals. The main problem seems to be poor managerial appointments AKA cheap options time after time.[/quote]I don''t think Roeder will have been cheap - just poor, sadly.  You could probably say the same for McAllister.[/quote]

Fair comment Blah. I will stick with poor managerial appointments then [:)]

[/quote]It does appear that there are a lot of "poor" or average managers out there.  Look at any league below the Premiership, and you will rarely find consistent success from any manager.  I think the Wolves boss is one of the few who has had taken 2 teams to the play-offs in the last 5 seasons.  Oh, and Colin.

[quote user="WW"]Very true. ...... gets us a proper manager, Simon Grayson. "Larry" says we''re gonna hoof it and keep it away from the defence until we get our confidence back. We all go "eh?" but it works and he does a phenomenol job turning it around as we win 10 consecutive home games and eventually start playing some nice football. .....[/quote]I think that''s exactly what Lambert has done  - that''s why he left Wes out to start with (& why he plays him where he does now).Excellent & informative posts, BTW.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="WW"]Very true. ...... gets us a proper manager, Simon Grayson. "Larry" says we''re gonna hoof it and keep it away from the defence until we get our confidence back. We all go "eh?" but it works and he does a phenomenol job turning it around as we win 10 consecutive home games and eventually start playing some nice football. .....[/quote]I think that''s exactly what Lambert has done  - that''s why he left Wes out to start with (& why he plays him where he does now).Excellent & informative posts, BTW.[/quote]Nice to have a decent discussion with opposing fans."If you know the enemy and know yourself,

you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

If you know yourself but not your enemy,

for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.

If you know neither the enemy nor yourself,

you will succumb in every battle.
"[;)]So were you a bit more direct when Lambert first took over? We were pretty shocking to watch for the first 5 or 6 games when Grayson arrived but he''s got us playing some decent stuff now. I think he wants to see quality football but he doesn''t live or die by it. He''s all about results and whilst he''d rather see us win games with quality football which we have done several times this season, he doesn''t want good football and a loss. He''s got a plan B and that''s what we''ve needed.Having seen Colchester several times down here I can''t really remember than as an particularly attractive outfit, he''s certainly done that with you. What I will say is, the attractive footballing sides aren''t always the most effective in the league above. You need to be versatile in attack and hard to beat, up there. That''s why Peterborough and Scunthorpe are struggling and why Doncaster wil be back down here soon.

[quote user="WW"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="WW"]
Very true.

...... gets us a proper manager, Simon Grayson. "Larry" says we''re gonna hoof it and keep it away from the defence until we get our confidence back. We all go "eh?" but it works and he does a phenomenol job turning it around as we win 10 consecutive home games and eventually start playing some nice football. .....

[/quote]

I think that''s exactly what Lambert has done  - that''s why he left Wes out to start with (& why he plays him where he does now).

Excellent & informative posts, BTW.

[/quote]

Nice to have a decent discussion with opposing fans.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
If you know yourself but not your enemy,
for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
If you know neither the enemy nor yourself,
you will succumb in every battle.
"

[;)]

So were you a bit more direct when Lambert first took over? We were pretty shocking to watch for the first 5 or 6 games when Grayson arrived but he''s got us playing some decent stuff now. I think he wants to see quality football but he doesn''t live or die by it. He''s all about results and whilst he''d rather see us win games with quality football which we have done several times this season, he doesn''t want good football and a loss. He''s got a plan B and that''s what we''ve needed.

Having seen Colchester several times down here I can''t really remember than as an particularly attractive outfit, he''s certainly done that with you. What I will say is, the attractive footballing sides aren''t always the most effective in the league above. You need to be versatile in attack and hard to beat, up there. That''s why Peterborough and Scunthorpe are struggling and why Doncaster wil be back down here soon.
[/quote]

Is the earth flat.?will we fall off the edge?all these daft threads, can we just wait and see instead of looking on the dark side,