Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Southend - No jeans allowed

We usually are but Jon is a scruff. A second member of our party also had jeans on but they found some trousers for him to wear over the denim....

and I assume that he paid for his own petrol / train ticket and paid to get in etc

Oh no press guys get that all covered - must be such a hardship getting paid to go to football

[quote user="gary "]and I assume that he paid for his own petrol / train ticket and paid to get in etc Oh no press guys get that all covered - must be such a hardship getting paid to go to football[/quote]

Ooooo either tongue in cheek or a rather bitter comment!

does anyone find it strangely ironic that chav central itself (Sarfend) doesnt allow the wearing of Jeans?

Pete, Tell Jon next time to go in wearing a shell suit, cap and sovereign ring... he''ll be made more than welcome im sure!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

does anyone find it strangely ironic that chav central itself (Sarfend) doesnt allow the wearing of Jeans?

Pete, Tell Jon next time to go in wearing a shell suit, cap and sovereign ring... he''ll be made more than welcome im sure!

[/quote]

Indeed, it''s not even like Southend is a high class club, and when you''re in the press box does it matter?   If I were him I would have stripped off to me shreddies lol

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Ahh but he must the peak angle of the cap just right!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Indeed, it''s not even like Southend is a high class club, and when you''re in the press box does it matter?   If I were him I would have stripped off to me shreddies lol

[/quote]

Wouldn''t be the first time Jon''s done that for the paper <shudder>

It was all down to them having to walk through the director''s lounge to get to the press area. An email was sent, but to someone on the sports desk who was neither going to the game at Southend or at work that week....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wouldn''t be the first time Jon''s done that for the paper <shudder>

It was all down to them having to walk through the director''s lounge to get to the press area. An email was sent, but to someone on the sports desk who was neither going to the game at Southend or at work that week....

[/quote]Trousers off, walk through the directors lounge, smile and wave, leave, trousers on, on with the match.Job done.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wouldn''t be the first time Jon''s done that for the paper

[/quote]Trousers off, walk through the directors lounge, smile and wave, leave, trousers on, on with the match.Job done.[/quote]

Lol!

[quote user="Kathy"]And it was such a classy joint.........[/quote]

Makes me wonder Kath what would have happened if Southend were playing host to your ladies football team.Obviously they have never met your loose fitting jeans and comfortable trainers wearing KD Lang lookalikes!