Sign in to follow this  
Stany

Raise Money for King's Lynn

This was suggested before, to organise a collection for King''s Lynn before the Oldham game on Saturday but it would have been too late. However now that they have been given a 7 day extension, I think it would be a great idea to go ahead with this now. Would anybody be interested?

[quote user="Yella ''N'' Green Blood"]This was suggested before, to organise a collection for King''s Lynn before the Oldham game on Saturday but it would have been too late. However now that they have been given a 7 day extension, I think it would be a great idea to go ahead with this now. Would anybody be interested?[/

I put a note on thier web site asking them to put a paypal donation slot in and they said it''s one thing they were looking at, If we all donated a £10er each, those that could that is, Im sure they would get a lot of response  

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I''d sooner we had a collection for Paul Lambert''s January transfer fund to be honest.
[/quote]

Lets do the same then, ask the club I''m sure they will be greatful, now we do know they have a paypal account   

Well it needs to be organised right, or people won''t give.  It needs to be officially backed by KLFC and collection buckets with clear signs saying what it''s for.

I would be happy to donate if it''s officially done.

Whilst in principle I will be more than happy to contribute I will need some re-assurance as to who will control the money I hand over. The present muppets running the club have proved over a long period they couldn''t run a bath much more a football club and I''m not prepared to see my hard-earned frittered away like the hundreds of thousands of pounds that have gone before or we''ll all be back here in a few months'' time on the same game.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Whilst in principle I will be more than happy to contribute I will need some re-assurance as to who will control the money I hand over. The present muppets running the club have proved over a long period they couldn''t run a bath much more a football club and I''m not prepared to see my hard-earned frittered away like the hundreds of thousands of pounds that have gone before or we''ll all be back here in a few months'' time on the same game.[/quote]

Exactly, if it''s done officially then I would be more than happy to contribute.

[quote user="Yella N Green Blood"]This was suggested before, to organise a collection for King''s Lynn before the Oldham game on Saturday but it would have been too late. However now that they have been given a 7 day extension, I think it would be a great idea to go ahead with this now. Would anybody be interested?[/quote]

Yes I''d be happy to give some money but it would have to be organised officially between Kings Lynn & NCFC.

Norwich did say they would be happy to organise bucket collections so why don''t we let Pete ( mod) speak to them to find out whats happening.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Whilst in principle I will be more than happy to contribute I will need some re-assurance as to who will control the money I hand over. The present muppets running the club have proved over a long period they couldn''t run a bath much more a football club and I''m not prepared to see my hard-earned frittered away like the hundreds of thousands of pounds that have gone before or we''ll all be back here in a few months'' time on the same game.[/quote]

Could you please confirm that you are talking about King''s Lynn and not NCFC?

It''s one of life''s mysteries to me that a lot of people who effectively own a football club can do so because of the wealth they have accumulated as a result of being very successful in business. However, give them ownership of a football club and they suddenly lose the plot completely.

I''m really not sure this is a good idea. I have no problem in contributing to the new KLFC once it arises, but I think you should think twice about giving money to the current incumbents. I have tonight discovered that the KLFC representation arrived late for today''s High Court appeal and that Ken "I''ve been locked in talks with potential investors" Bobbins actually went to Portugal for the weekend!

Despite Carl Heggs announcement on the radio this morning that the game at North Ferriby on Saturday will go ahead , it will not because the winding up order has not been lifted. The players have been conned to keep them at the club and if you visit the KLFC fan forum tonight you will find many disgruntled supporters sick of being given false promises and kept in the dark.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I''m really not sure this is a good idea. I have no problem in contributing to the new KLFC once it arises, but I think you should think twice about giving money to the current incumbents. I have tonight discovered that the KLFC representation arrived late for today''s High Court appeal and that Ken "I''ve been locked in talks with potential investors" Bobbins actually went to Portugal for the weekend!

Despite Carl Heggs announcement on the radio this morning that the game at North Ferriby on Saturday will go ahead , it will not because the winding up order has not been lifted. The players have been conned to keep them at the club and if you visit the KLFC fan forum tonight you will find many disgruntled supporters sick of being given false promises and kept in the dark.

[/quote]It''s uncanny![:O]

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

It''s uncanny![:O]
[/quote]

LOL! It does have a certain familiarity to it, doesn''t it?

I think people should let the dust settle as a KLFC struggling on under Bobbins and Chinn without a clear direction is a totally different proposition to a say KLFC 2009 rising from the ashes.

Beau is the man with his finger on the pulse and i feel we should take note of what he says before well meaning people on this messageboard fly off in all different directions.Help will be given but it will only achieve its objects when we know where and to whom money donations end up.

It is fantastic that so many people have expressed a desire to see KLFC come through this disaster.Bucket collections are a great idea but and it is a big but,these things cannot be done at Carrow Road without the blessing of Norwich City FC and if those collecting stand in the street Norwich City Council will be on your case for not obtaining a permit to do so.

Beau please keep us in informed.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I think people should let the dust settle as a KLFC struggling on under Bobbins and Chinn without a clear direction is a totally different proposition to a say KLFC 2009 rising from the ashes.

Beau is the man with his finger on the pulse and i feel we should take note of what he says before well meaning people on this messageboard fly off in all different directions.Help will be given but it will only achieve its objects when we know where and to whom money donations end up.

It is fantastic that so many people have expressed a desire to see KLFC come through this disaster.Bucket collections are a great idea but and it is a big but,these things cannot be done at Carrow Road without the blessing of Norwich City FC and if those collecting stand in the street Norwich City Council will be on your case for not obtaining a permit to do so.

Beau please keep us in informed.

[/quote]

Will do Tilly.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I have tonight discovered that the KLFC representation arrived late for today''s High Court appeal and that Ken "I''ve been locked in talks with potential investors" Bobbins actually went to Portugal for the weekend![/quote]

I read that on their forum but there''s a guy on there who maintains that he couldn''t have been abroad as a Mr Timms met with him at the weekend at the club.

Presume your information came from one of your inside contacts in which case their fans are being misled ??

[quote user="Yella N Green Blood"]This was suggested before, to organise a collection for King''s Lynn before the Oldham game on Saturday but it would have been too late. However now that they have been given a 7 day extension, I think it would be a great idea to go ahead with this now. Would anybody be interested?[/quote]

B****ks to Kings Lynn!

they played with fire and got burnt

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

B****ks to Kings Lynn!

[/quote]

Don''t be so f*cking stupid! It''s about the club as a whole, not the poxy directors.

But it is about the Directors. The same Directors who have led King''s Lynn into this sorry state of affairs. I for one have no faith in their ability to get the finances right in the future any more than they have done in the past which may well be why a number of potential investors appear to have pulled the plug. Egos don''t pay the bills at the end of the day.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

B****ks to Kings Lynn!

[/quote]

Rather an unbecoming remark from you Jas.I am a tad surprised.

So you are happy to see the whole town of Kings Lynn shafted by the actions of a very few individuals.The fans,trades people and those employed by the Club will be impressed by your understanding and tolerance.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

I have tonight discovered that the KLFC representation arrived late for today''s High Court appeal and that Ken "I''ve been locked in talks with potential investors" Bobbins actually went to Portugal for the weekend![/quote]

I read that on their forum but there''s a guy on there who maintains that he couldn''t have been abroad as a Mr Timms met with him at the weekend at the club.

Presume your information came from one of your inside contacts in which case their fans are being misled ??

[/quote]

I''d certainly trust the source CA. The fans have been well and truly led up the garden path over the last few days, firstly with the (in my view) cynical planting of the "club is saved" story via the manager and players (who passed it on in good faith) and then yesterday when no information was provided until quite late in the day.

It is very clear that most people around and within the club have a healthy distrust of Chinn, who has previous in this area having been involved in the demise of Boston United. Having set himself up as the saviour of the club last week his comments as reported on the website this morning are pathetic. I expect Heggs to resign shortly and the players will start to leave, whereupon the club might just as well taking teh winding up and look to reform.

Just to illustrate my point I reproduce below a post on the Lynn fans forum by leading scorer Anthony Robinson. While it''s not very articulate it gives a bit of insight into how the players feel.

In regards to that mate if I stayed another week and it folded again, Id have to miss the 12th and the next which could b b4 xmas or boxing day 2 games I would have missed last week and this week and b back, I got a family i have not being paid through my ban and xmas coming up and still not bein paid from durham, hw many weeks has that being and What pisses me off chinny promised me an certain players things I member the exact phn call ( look robbo im gona give u this money not a issue to me I deal with loads of money) So the things I agread have nt got, Stores never got what he wanted cheagues bouncing like they got springs in them chasing him dwn 4 bonuses and what made me laugh players had cheaques 4 £100 bounce. So hw the hell have club got the money in there account to sort things out  £200,000 to clear us out the water I knew when the gaffa said chinnys phnd me he said it was sorted, He said that last week and we got wound up so when Gaffa said its not that easy to wire money through I knew somthing was wrong. Stores gave me a miss call as soon as I called bk I said what now he said shocking we got to find a club gone bk into liquidation , Hw could we it was never paid, Dave ur a good guy but whats gona happen is If u come on here saying u got a plan there gona put u in the same league as chinny and Bob  me personally id not say nothing to them because I knw u different but these don,t, ppl here are  remote controlled puppet controlled by the pupertier, We was told if not sorted we can slate the board and thats what im doing and im bein mild  it may end my lynn carear but if u keep quite u wnt be heard and ur mouths were designed to talk . If we do stay why dnt the club bk date players for games they have missed and then mayb club show loyalty the players will but u cnt expect players to wait, miss money from another club then fold thats not on

Certainly don''t look too good Beausant, thanks for keeping us up to date.

apologies to all. bad day yesterday....

Im sure Lynn will be saved, either by the current directors or elsewhere, it has much wider ramifications of course than the club itself if they arent.