Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Is Lambert Settled?

Paul Lambert is still staying at Dunson Hall. So this begs the question, is he settled in Norfolk? Its a bit of a worry, surely he could have found a house by now? Is he waiting for Celtic to come calling?

He drives a lovely Maserati by the way which is parked out the front!

[quote user="Bruces Header"]

Paul Lambert is still staying at Dunson Hall. So this begs the question, is he settled in Norfolk? Its a bit of a worry, surely he could have found a house by now? Is he waiting for Celtic to come calling?

[/quote]He strikes me as a man in a hurry to achieve everything he can.  That said, I''m fairly confident he''ll finish the season with us.

I don''t think he has ever owned a house in England - he didn''t at Wycombe, nor at Colchester, where he commuted to and from Scotland most weekends with Culverhouse usually taking the Mon/Tuesday training.

Why bother better to stay at a hotel no cleaning!Maybe he is just too busy at the moment is he married as normally the other half is the one moaning about this sort of thing.

He is doing a fantastic job but needs to consolodate at a decent club. I do not think that he will be considered for any premiership or top Championship club at the moment. He would be wise to be settled at Norwich a club that has great potential and which he at long last has going in the right direction

[quote user="Bruces Header"]

[/quote]

He''s only been here 3 months and was probably too busy the first month or two to go house hunting. Plus when you find a house it normally takes 6-8 weeks to complete and I can''t imagine he''ll want to move in December just before Xmas.

Don''t care where he lives as long as we keep winning.

Paul Lambert is still staying at Dunston Hall. So this begs the question, is he settled in Norfolk? Its a bit of a worry, surely he could have found a house by now? Is he waiting for Celtic to come calling?

I just hope Lambo, doesn''t decide to get up early one morning - and drive to Colney dressed only in his underpants....

Speaking of which, where is Matty Patty??

Have I mid=ssed his tenure in league 1??

I know our midfield is fairly tight at the mo but surely there is enough rough and ready cloggers out there for Matty to do battle with??!!??

[quote user="Mutley"]Speaking of which, where is Matty Patty?? Have I mid=ssed his tenure in league 1?? I know our midfield is fairly tight at the mo but surely there is enough rough and ready cloggers out there for Matty to do battle with??!!??[/quote]

Gone back to South Africa where he is playing in the SA Premier League.

Cheers Cam, I missed that one. Anyway now that I`ve got you on line, is it true you played for the not so mighty and slightly less glorious Worcester City at St. Georges Lane?? (What a great name for a football ground!!)

City as a stepping stone to better things as I''m afraid Delia Smith''s languid Norwich City and ambitious personnel don''t mix.

Chalk and cheese.

[quote user="Mutley"]Cheers Cam, I missed that one. Anyway now that I`ve got you on line, is it true you played for the not so mighty and slightly less glorious Worcester City at St. Georges Lane?? (What a great name for a football ground!!)[/quote]

Yes I did for a season while I was working on Berrow''s Worcester Journal (the oldest continuous newspaper in Britain).  Southern League in those days along with the now mighty Yeovil and their sloping pitch.  Kidderminster Harriers, Bath City, Chelmsford City, Weymouth - bring em all on!  It was a very long time ago I''m afraid but I remember being slagged off by the Worcester Evening News for a particularly "inept" display. They''ve been playing at St George''s for over 100 years now - lovely friendly club of which I have happy memories.  Nice city, too.  I really enjoyed my time there.

Good man yourself. Spent a good 3 - 4 seasons exiled down there myself. You`re right a good old traditional football team. Seems they are going the same way as Lynn unfortunately. A very inept chairman agreed a land deal for the ground about 4 seasons ago. Only thing is he sealed the deal with a handshake, as opposed to a signature on a contract (alledgedly)!! Neeless to say the property market has gone belly up and now the mighty (or not so mighty blue dragons) have been offered a fraction of the original deal, meaning they can probabaly pay off their debts yet will have no capital to invest in a new ground. How the mighty have fallen, hey, still are the only non league club to have knocked Liverpool out opf the FA cup (albeit in 1954ish)

[quote user="Mutley"]Good man yourself. Spent a good 3 - 4 seasons exiled down there myself. You`re right a good old traditional football team. Seems they are going the same way as Lynn unfortunately. A very inept chairman agreed a land deal for the ground about 4 seasons ago. Only thing is he sealed the deal with a handshake, as opposed to a signature on a contract (alledgedly)!! Neeless to say the property market has gone belly up and now the mighty (or not so mighty blue dragons) have been offered a fraction of the original deal, meaning they can probabaly pay off their debts yet will have no capital to invest in a new ground. How the mighty have fallen, hey, still are the only non league club to have knocked Liverpool out opf the FA cup (albeit in 1954ish)[/quote]

Later than you thought but you''ll enjoy this:

http://www.nonleaguefootballhistory.co.uk/Worcester-v-Liverpool.html

I was about three seasons after this but they were all still talking about it..........

I had heard they had problems without knowing the details but I''m afraid football in general appears to be in a complete financial mess.  It all seemed so much simpler then........as in sand and salt on the pitch.  Can you imagine that now?[;)]

Let''s hope they survive okay.

Hell fire Cam, your older than I thought. My Mum/Grandad were regulars at that time. You must have taken over from Johnny Kirkwood. More importantly did you play in the same team as Roy Paul. Didn`t he captain Man City the year before he went to Worcester City. Can you imagine such an ignominious fall from grace in todays money!!!

[quote user="Mutley"]Hell fire Cam, your older than I thought. My Mum/Grandad were regulars at that time. You must have taken over from Johnny Kirkwood. More importantly did you play in the same team as Roy Paul. Didn`t he captain Man City the year before he went to Worcester City. Can you imagine such an ignominious fall from grace in todays money!!![/quote]

Oh Sorry, I just have, Mark Fotheringham!!!!

[quote user="Mutley"]Hell fire Cam, your older than I thought. My Mum/Grandad were regulars at that time. You must have taken over from Johnny Kirkwood. More importantly did you play in the same team as Roy Paul. Didn`t he captain Man City the year before he went to Worcester City. Can you imagine such an ignominious fall from grace in todays money!!![/quote]

No I missed Roy Paul.  He had gone by then - back to Wales I think.  So had Johnny Kirkwood (whose full time job, by the way, was as a bus driver for Midland Red) [;)] 

I wrote in for a trial, did okay in two reserve games and took over from someone called Adam something or other.  It''s so long ago the senior moment won''t allow the details.

In my third game I got kicked in the head in a one on one with the CF and spent the night in Worcester hospital.  Apparently our right back went in goal and did okay.  That was then, of course.

Absolutely incredible!!

Roy Paul:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Paul

From FA cup winner (captain) to

Worcester City FC within one season.

I hereby faithfully promise never to take the mick out of the dodgy hack from Colchester / Lincoln (delete as appropriate)

And the most surprising thing is you came out of Worcester hospital in one piece!! (insert smiley winkey!!!)

[quote user="Mutley"]Absolutely incredible!! Roy Paul: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Paul From FA cup winner (captain) to Worcester City FC within one season. I hereby faithfully promise never to take the mick out of the dodgy hack from Colchester / Lincoln (delete as appropriate) And the most surprising thing is you came out of Worcester hospital in one piece!! (insert smiley winkey!!!)[/quote]

I remember waking up in it and wondering WTF I was.  I had a golf ball size lump on my forehead and, for all I know, all my subsequent postings on the Pink Un message board were shaped by it.  [+o(]

But I was a kid and loved playing.

Feel free to do the dodgy hack stuff.  Same thing really, in for a penny, in for a pound but ALWAYS go for it.  None of this hanging back nonsense.

[:P][:D]

Sigh not this again. I will state my opinion again Lambert is a very ambitious person who undoubtly has aims beyond what can be achieved at Norwich (which is at best a lower half premiership team)  but to do that he needs to prove himself. He now is at a club where he can achieve that to a degree, despite being financially not particularly rich I guarentee our wage bill/pulling power is a lot bigger than his previous clubs. Lets hope Lambo gets us re established to a team competing in the top half of the championship before he leaves and I will thank him and wish him the best if he moves onto a club that can further his career.

Cam, as always you are a gent. Despite what some of the regulars think, this board is a more vibrant, colourfull place for an objective outsiders opinion. I for one value your input

Warm Regards,

Mutley!!