Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Best & Worst moments of the season so far?

Best - Beating Southend 3-0 to reach 3rd spot

Worst - Losing to Brentford in August

Certainly the best is yet to come!![:D]

Worst - losing 7-1 at home to Colchester on the opening day of our season following relegation.

Best - losing 7-1 at home to Colchester on the opening day of our season following relegation (in hindsight of course[:)])

Just to clarify, obviously the 7-1 defeat was bad, but i still think it was a freak one off result - i felt lower after we lost to Brentford as i then thought we were in for a long hard season!!

Best  - seeing new found decisiveness of the board following the 7-1 defeat

Worst - personally will remain that end of may announcement that Team Gunn would remain.

Worst- It has to be the 7-1 defeat followed by the board backing Gunn

Best- The board not backing Gunn and bringing in Lambert & Co with Chippy staying on.

Not sure if pre-season counts but surely hindsight would suggest that the best thing that has happened to City since relegation was the appointment of McNally.

On the field, I would go for the win over Bristol Rovers as the high point. Mother of God, we were good that day. That was when I started to believe we could get promotion.

The 7-1 surely cannot be rivalled as worst moment. Until we sell Wes, that is...

Worst: I still hear Rob Hawthorne''s words, "oh that''s a terrible kick... it''s BECKFORRRDD" at night sometimes.Best: Possibly Holt''s injury time goal against Charlton. Not only because it got us a vital point and stopped us falling 3 further behind them, but because it''s since that moment we''ve been on this great run of form.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Not sure if pre-season counts but surely hindsight would suggest that the best thing that has happened to City since relegation was the appointment of McNally.

[/quote]

I have gone pre-season too - for my worst;  but my best is the same as your really;  it was only at the appointment of Lambert that is really started to become apparent that we had leadership of a different kind at the club...  

Worst - either losing 7-1, or conceding that very late goal at Elland RoadBest - our general performance at Elland Road. We showed our best, and it was good.

Best- that early goal against MK.Worst- at the time appointing Lambert made me think we were a rudderless mess although it turns out to have been genius! It just seemed like the thought process was "I wish we won 7-1... lets have that bloke" Actual worst was either of the late winners for MK or Leeds.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

Worst - losing 7-1 at home to Colchester on the opening day of our season following relegation.

Best - losing 7-1 at home to Colchester on the opening day of our season following relegation (in hindsight of course[:)])

[/quote]

Lol. I like your thinking[Y]

The second worst has to be the Leeds calamity!

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]I agree with that. If we''d only lost, say, 2-1 or 3-1 most people would have come up with some sort of excuse (i.e. the team need to gel) and we''d carry on regardless. I shudder to think where we''d be now if that happened.

Worst moment - Sitting in the south of France in the sunshine with a cold beer wearing Norwich City shorts - whilst listening to Sky sports reporting on an opening day defeat

Best - Wes being recalled

The Best? The Donkster departing, Gunny replaced as manager - and Roger relieved of his role as Chairman.......

The Worst? Delia and Michael not following them......after the board re-shuffle and appointing the new CE and Chairman.

Couldn''t agree more Zipper with your selections, but just to add a bit, the best could be padded out a bit more with seeing at last a decisive passionate manager in charge of our team who is moulding (we hope) a promotion winning side.

Off the field, as you say, we have a bit of steel in the boardroom. Added to your thoughts re Gunn, I still remember the shameless touting of Gunn for the job on local radio. A lot of people have highlighted the Colchester defeat, for me the manner of the defeat was not at all surprising, though perhaps the number of goals conceded was. We had been warned at Charlton.

This season so far has more positives than negatives for me, thanks largely to new personnel coming in with some semblance of quality, sense and drive. Long may it continue.

It''s also great to see a team with so many of our former academy players, let''s hope as we move on (upwards) that we can continue this in the Championship next season.