Sign in to follow this  
CRAZY LEGS

how much is holt worth

To us, yes.

To any other club in a higher league (as I expect you''d need to be to afford this) - spending over £1m on a 28 year old who''s never played above League 1? Can you imagine what we''d have said about that last season?

I can''t see that happening.

He made 4 sub appearances and didn''t score. It probably wouldn''t count!

In fact it probably downgrades him to "has failed the only timer he''s played at championship level" which makes signing him even less likely.

Hopefully that will work in our favour 7rew. I genuinely don''t think anyone''s going to be coming in for him in January, I think it''s if we fail to get promoted that we''ll have a problem keeping him. I can''t see him signing for another club in the Championship when he''s (hopefully) got a chance to play in the Championship as captain of a club who already loves him so so much.

So promotion this season and a good battle in the Championship should see him staying or (heaven forbid) get him noticed by the mid to lower table prem teams that will pay decent money for him (all be it he''d be 30 by this point)

I have this funny feeling that, so long as lambert is here, Holt will stay. It''s been a genuine slice of luck, where the right manager has combined with the right player. I could imagine him going on to terrorise the Champ. for a couple of years yet, then being wheeled out as sub to give the opposition a damn good battering if things got rough. He has all the makings of a legend.This all dependent on luck with injuries of course. And Mr. Lambert''s ambitions.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

alex ferguson was going to put a bid in for carlton cole at £20million!!

grant holt must be worth a good 5 mil then!

[/quote]

carlton cole is only worth 5 million, he is crap

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[quote user="to big for the pants"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Carlton Cole is a quality player imho. I''d have him in the England side along side Rooney!

grant holt is doing a good job for us but in my opinion is not worth no more then £1m

need to remember we are in league 1 and championship clubs are not full of cash at the moment!!

2m. Are you serious?! I don''t know of many league 1 or championship team throwing around that kind of money. He''s only work what someone will pay and I think we''d be looking at around 500,000 to 800,000 tops. Therefore he is worth more to us.

Big money is played for league 1 players for their potential to blossom eg when we got Ashton. Holt is worth his weight in gold to us but at 28 i would put him in the Iwain roberts bracket of £ 1m tops.He would not get in a top 3 championship side nor any premiership side. This being the case in the lon run i dont think he will find a better club than Norwich

£750,000 tops I would say. Having said that he''s worth a lot more to us so we really should try and keep him. The transfer window will tell us just how dire our finances are as although we have a pretty decent side right now there are no players who we could realistically get big money for. If we''re forced to sell them to keep afloat then it''s a fairly big clue that we''re completely screwed [:(]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]So how much has been paid over the last few years for Steve Howard?  An older, cruder and lesser player than Horse.[/quote] True but dont forget that by and large Howard was more of a proven article at championship level

Grant Holt is priceless. Him leaving should only be in exchange for Drogba. I blooming love Super Horse.

Grant Holt should play for England. Are you watching, Fabio?

Carlton Cole was nicknamed Can''t Control for a few years. I don''t think

he works hard enough to play that role for England. I''d try Kevin

Davies along side Jermain Defoe, with Rooney at the tip of a diamond.