Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Delia on LOOK EAST

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]What did she say?[/quote]She''s not rich enough to finance NCFC properly.Plus she''s probably going to retire soon.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

she indicated that she hadn''t had an offer until NOW???

Interesting...

[/quote]

You can''t believe anything she says.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Interesting...

[/quote]

I watched and listened and she said that there have been enquires but up until now nobody had made an offer.

It was not said in the context that somebody has just made an offer.If that was the case i think Look East would have been on her case big time don''t you?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Interesting...

[/quote]

I watched and listened and she said that there have been enquires but up until now nobody had made an offer.

It was not said in the context that somebody has just made an offer.If that was the case i think Look East would have been on her case big time don''t you?

[/quote]

I have to disagree TIL 1010, it seemed as she had a slip of the tongue, she definately said "she hadn''t had an offer up until now'', whether she meant what you suggest or not, still a topic for debate, as she obviously is prepared to sell.

To ways to read into what she said:

-she has had an offer

-she hasnt had one up till now, and still hasnt

Gona be one of them, would she be so silly as to let it slip on TV? Probs not, but possible!

[quote user="NottsCanary"]To ways to read into what she said:

-she has had an offer

-she hasnt had one up till now, and still hasnt

Gona be one of them, would she be so silly as to let it slip on TV? Probs not, but possible![/quote]That''s settled that then.

[quote user="NottsCanary"]To ways to read into what she said: -she has had an offer -she hasnt had one up till now, and still hasnt Gona be one of them, would she be so silly as to let it slip on TV? Probs not, but possible![/quote]

The latter would be more likely. The former is just too far out of our luck range!

At the Norfolk Showground not so long ago....Delia said that we had ''lots of lovely investment''...Which was probably just a slip of the tongue...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]At the Norfolk Showground not so long ago....Delia said that we had ''lots of lovely investment''...Which was probably just a slip of the tongue...[/quote]

Don''t be so cynical.

Sandeman, Harvey and Croft are widely rumoured to have been involved.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]At the Norfolk Showground not so long ago....Delia said that we had ''lots of lovely investment''...Which was probably just a slip of the tongue...[/quote]

Don''t be so cynical.

OTBC

[/quote]

Then she should put a cork in it....

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Don''t be so cynical.

OTBC

[/quote]

Yes well Croft soon went Did''t he lol

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Don''t be so cynical.

OTBC

[/quote]

Then she should put a cork in it....

[/quote]

Ageed.

Although cooking sherry screws up.

OTBC 

I thought it was quite clear that she is definitely looking to slow her life down with one eye on retirement. She looks like making no more TV programmes or books and already she has taken a back seat at Norwich and left the running of th club to the rest of th board. It was the firsttime I had heard her quite clearly state she was open to selling as well as confirming what most people thought that she had not receieved any offers.

Even with the books and TV money she hasn''t enough to finance a team, simply enough to keep us afloat with the annual cash injection. We need new money more than ever now as its likely no more money will be coming from dear old Delia

I haven''t seen it, JB Ghost, but the fact she has recently published yet another book and made a TV programme (I have to admit the chocolate crumble will definitely be tested by me) suggest she is trying to generate extra income. I assume some of this will go into the club coffers.

Has she really taken a step back? Certain appointments to the Board of Directors and the ''letting go'' of Gunn would indicate she has. Maybe she''s had a serious talk with someone who has spelled out the reality of what''s needed to continually fund NCFC. Let''s hope that the initial good things generated by McNally continue and promotion is realised. I also hope that serious effort is put into finding investment/someone to take over her role. I don''t particularly think she needs to go immediately, but the majority shareholding should be shared out somewhat. However my fears of her being in total control with flawed business acumen has been somewhat eased in the new appointments at board level.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] However my fears of her being in total control with flawed business acumen has been somewhat eased in the new appointments at board level.[/quote]

If we get promoted to the Championship this season, do you think that situation (i.e Delia taking a back seat)  will last?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] However my fears of her being in total control with flawed business acumen has been somewhat eased in the new appointments at board level.[/quote]

If we get promoted to the Championship this season, do you think that situation (i.e Delia taking a back seat)  will last?

[/quote]If we get promoted to the Championship this season, I don''t care - provided she''s front of house only and lets McNally and co carry on the good work.

[quote user="jbghost"]I thought it was quite clear that she is definitely looking to slow her life down with one eye on retirement. She looks like making no more TV programmes or books and already she has taken a back seat at Norwich and left the running of th club to the rest of th board. It was the firsttime I had heard her quite clearly state she was open to selling as well as confirming what most people thought that she had not receieved any offers.

Even with the books and TV money she hasn''t enough to finance a team, simply enough to keep us afloat with the annual cash injection. We need new money more than ever now as its likely no more money will be coming from dear old Delia[/quote]How many years ago did she say that before?  Having said that, she''s pushing 70 .....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

...... I don''t care - provided she''s front of house only and lets McNally and co carry on the good work.

[/quote]

Thats the point! Will she let McNally and the other new board members get on with it?