Sign in to follow this  
Barclay hero

If it snows tomorrow will it settle?

As mentioned elsewhere on this board there has been a lot of doom and gloom today....and not even anything from Cluck and Smudger

I dont think we will sell anyone in January UNLESS we are either offered silly money or the player themselves decides they want to go. Its been stated that Promotion is our key target - and this wont be achieved by selling our best players and not replacing them with similar (or better). If someone came in with 5 Million for Holt (for example) and you had the option of then paying 2 Million for Lambert, you''d be daft not to take it - or we could sell Hoolahan and buy Lallana (these two just came to mind, I''m not really fixated on Southampton players!) and we wouldnt be any worse off

At the end of the day, Holt, Hoolahan and Lambert WILL go on to other bigger things at some point. As will Corey Smith and possibly Adeymi and Cody. Norwich traditionally have sold to survive (actually that pretty much stopped in Delias time - partly down to the fact we just werent bringing in kids or bringing in lower/non league players of sufficient quality to sell any more). All we can honestly hope for is that these players hang around for 2 or 3 years, get us as far up the league as they possibly can so that - eventually - we can sell them and replace them with more young talent that can either maintain us (hopefully in the Prem) or push us on

Final word - as for those hoping for somebody - anybody - to replace Delia at whatever cost, I''ve got one word - Portsmouth. Theyre on their 3rd owner this season (I think) and still cant pay their players.....fire sales and relegation - possibly 2 or 3 successive relegations - to follow, indeed if they survive it all

All the other threads playing around with this have been pulled. Why? Granted, none of the posts were comedy gold but censoring them is a bit havy handed of the mods. Show me the part of the code of conduct that says gentle p... taking is against the rules.

I noticed that. Somebody seems to be too full of a sense of their own importance.

Censorship, of any form is a serious matter and should not be administered lightly by seemingly unqualified decision makers.

Rant over. The last poster is very right.

My vintage comedy hit ''what town is this?'' was moved to the Its Not Just Football section... Shack''s appears to have been deleted (probably cos no one replied to it [;)]), not sure about the others... I would imagine they''ve been removed or moved just to avoid cluttering up the front page with jokey posts...

Nope...removed, not moved...no reason given...cleaning up...methinks not....the deleting of posts that in no way breach the code of conduct should not and cannot be taken lightly.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]As mentioned elsewhere on this board there has been a lot of doom and gloom today....and not even anything from Cluck and Smudger I dont think we will sell anyone in January UNLESS we are either offered silly money or the player themselves decides they want to go. Its been stated that Promotion is our key target - and this wont be achieved by selling our best players and not replacing them with similar (or better). If someone came in with 5 Million for Holt (for example) and you had the option of then paying 2 Million for Lambert, you''d be daft not to take it - or we could sell Hoolahan and buy Lallana (these two just came to mind, I''m not really fixated on Southampton players!) and we wouldnt be any worse off At the end of the day, Holt, Hoolahan and Lambert WILL go on to other bigger things at some point. As will Corey Smith and possibly Adeymi and Cody. Norwich traditionally have sold to survive (actually that pretty much stopped in Delias time - partly down to the fact we just werent bringing in kids or bringing in lower/non league players of sufficient quality to sell any more). All we can honestly hope for is that these players hang around for 2 or 3 years, get us as far up the league as they possibly can so that - eventually - we can sell them and replace them with more young talent that can either maintain us (hopefully in the Prem) or push us on Final word - as for those hoping for somebody - anybody - to replace Delia at whatever cost, I''ve got one word - Portsmouth. Theyre on their 3rd owner this season (I think) and still cant pay their players.....fire sales and relegation - possibly 2 or 3 successive relegations - to follow, indeed if they survive it all[/quote]

If it snows tomorrow I suggest it will only stay for a short while before it returns to Scotland and settles there.....

Just a hunch.