Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Why is playing away from home so much harder?

I don''t know how the players view it, but it seems largely psychological to me. At home they are surrounded by home fans, familiar surroundings and a pitch they are used to playing on and no minuses of travelling a long distance (from our perspective anyway).

Where we are now, in the Third Division our home advantage has to really be that, a big advantage. Massive home support and incentive to win for the supporters.

IF things are going badly for manager or players playing away can become something of a solace and getting away from pressure, but from our current point of view we have to look upon CR as a nailed on three points in our bid to be promoted.

It''s a territory thing - if you can create a bunker mentality within your camp, you can break it - but you have to make the men feel like marauding invaders.  Or summing.

I think its mostly that they are playing in an unfarmiliar location, where the majority of the crowd are against you. Its hard for confidence I think, plus the pitch has part to do with it, size etc, more used to carrow road.