Sign in to follow this  
Captain Controversy

Didn't realise we'd signed Beckham?

Todays match, he was playing CB for some reason (obviously Lambert didn''t want to tinker with the effective midfield), and the 3 or 4 huge crossfield balls to Lappin were top drawer!He''s only gone and got a new haircut, dyed it Ginger and got some kind of balding effect going on!Anyway, he played immense and was my MoM!Oh, hang on, it was the Doc!!! Well played.

Certainly first half he played at least 6 crossfield balls that dropped onto the left winger''s foot - great play.  His distribution has definitely improved in the last few weeks.

I think Lambert telling him he was free to find another club was a master stroke. It was the proverbial monumental kick up the arse he needed.

Still a bit too clumsy for my liking. But a decent enough player at this level.

Quality showing by the Doc today. Always looked in control and passed it well. Still, it won''t please some people[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]He did give away that penalty that everyone except the referee saw, and I think he played a wayward pass in the 86th minute.

[/quote]

84th actually. He held out until the 87th on Tuesday, so he''s clearly in decline, and as for the penalty, didn''t you see the axe?[;)]

The Doc''s distribution has always been excellent. He can play passes very effectively. Perhaps that''s what makes him such a good partner to JBA, who has perhaps a bit less ability with the ball, but is committed and can clear the line perfectly.

There is a reason for his nickname; "the Ginger Pele" - it only became ironic when he stopped doing it. The doc has always looked like he could almost do it again for many seasons - glad to hear he was on the money tonight.

Said it before and I''ll say it again... I still haven''t seen a better central defender than him in this league.

His quality and experience are making him a key player and I think, when we get promoted, he''ll be a key part of our team back in the Championship.

Lambert has certainly turned him around, he looked down and out after last season and the 7-1 debacle. Great to see as I''ve always thought him to be decent.I really wanted him to score today too. Our back 5 look solid now, I''m very happy with them.

I for one am pleased he''s found his level in the Third Division.Hopefully this will be his last season at the club.