Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Someone reassure me?

We have to play them yet, gap down to 1 point! They maybe winning but not scoring many, dont forget we gave them 8 points start so we have halved it already...We need the 2nd spot as I think the Saints will end up in the play offs.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I know that theres only 4 points between us and the Addicks but I just cant see us overtaking them.We''re playing well and winning, so are they.Anyone wanna convince me otherwise?[/quote]Not really, Mister Negative.  Stick to your sad and miserable thoughts.

We were double that behind them not too long ago, we''ve got 26 games left, it''s more than possible.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I know that theres only 4 points between us and the Addicks but I just cant see us overtaking them.
We''re playing well and winning, so are they.
Anyone wanna convince me otherwise?
[/quote]

Not really, Mister Negative.  Stick to your sad and miserable thoughts.

[/quote]

Why do you rain on his already-rained-out parade, Chops?  Can''t you just let him be miserable and insecure?  Stoke his feelings of discontent.  There are 26 games to go and they are already 4 points up.  By the end of the season, if things go as they are, Charlton (what the he!! is an "addick", anyways?) will be 9 points up. Oh God, kill me now!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I know that theres only 4 points between us and the Addicks but I just cant see us overtaking them.
[/quote]

Not really, Mister Negative.  Stick to your sad and miserable thoughts.

[/quote]

[:D][:D]

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I know that theres only 4 points between us and the Addicks but I just cant see us overtaking them.
[/quote]

Feel the force. 

Just remember our promotion season in 2003 - 2004.....how we worked our way up the table and went top at Poorman Rd.!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I know that theres only 4 points between us and the Addicks but I just cant see us overtaking them.We''re playing well and winning, so are they.Anyone wanna convince me otherwise?[/quote]

Feel the force. 

Just remember our promotion season in 2003 - 2004.....how we worked our way up the table and went top at Poorman Rd.!

[/quote]So what you''re saying is we''re gonna go top at Colchester? [<:o)] Like it, like it a lot [Y]

our form over charltons for the last 9 games has been alot better. we will catch them up .i would put my neck on the line and say new year we will be snapping at the heels of leeds.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I know that theres only 4 points between us and the Addicks but I just cant see us overtaking them.
[/quote]

Feel the force. 

[/quote]

So what you''re saying is we''re gonna go top at Colchester? [<:o)] Like it, like it a lot [Y]
[/quote]

BTW - I cant see us passing Leeds but I think we have a chance of getting second place (however i should imagine other clubs such as Colchester and  Huddersfield feel the same). So second place at Colchester would be enjoyable....lets hope.

A lot of it will come down to squad strength & who has the chance to add to their squad in January.

So far we have been relatively lucky with injuries to key players. < Touches wood > 

[quote user="Bexley"]

A lot of it will come down to squad strength & who has the chance to add to their squad in January.

So far we have been relatively lucky with injuries to key players. < Touches wood > 

[/quote]

I suppose we have in relation to the KEY players but as far as the whole squad we have had a reasonable number out:

Currently:

Rudd

Spillane

Francomb

Gill

Jones

Lets pray that Holt hasn''t been added as a result of that crunch in the second half.

[/quote]

It will end in tears I''m afraid........

Mid table mediocrity is the best we will achieve after Lambert walks out and the better players join low rank Champion (spit) ship teams to improve their status......

You lot never learn do you?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I know that theres only 4 points between us and the Addicks but I just cant see us overtaking them.We''re playing well and winning, so are they.Anyone wanna convince me otherwise?[/quote]

It will end in tears I''m afraid........

Mid table mediocrity is the best we will achieve after Lambert walks out and the better players join low rank Champion (spit) ship teams to improve their status......

You lot never learn do you?

[/quote]

More words of wisdom.

A visual analogy of all Cluck''s posts can be found here.....

Leeds still have to play away at CR, Chartlton and Huddersfield at least so they''re not home and dry yet. City just need to concentrate on winning their own games and chip away like they did with Colchester to go third. [:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Lets see who Charlton might have to sell during the window...?[/quote]

Charlton''s directors have issued a statement saying they will not need to sell players for what that is worth.

And today:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4779435.Gold_at_The_Valley/

You need to keep up.

[/quote]The interesting thing about that report is that it talks only of a solo bid by Gold, rather than a joint one with Sullivan. If that''s true, and if Sullivan decides West Ham IS too much of a basket case, then that leaves him still looking for a club to buy.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/tosep.html

in 10 games we have gained 6 points, keep up that rate and we''ll be well clear of charlton and the rest come may. (except from leeds of course, but i expect us to have closed that gap quite a lot) :D

[quote user="UEA Canary"]http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/tosep.html in 10 games we have gained 6 points, keep up that rate and we''ll be well clear of charlton and the rest come may. (except from leeds of course, but i expect us to have closed that gap quite a lot) :D[/quote]

We are also only 8 points rather than 13 points behind Leeds - although they do have a game in hand.

Either way we have closed on or over taken all all teams above us since the start of Oct - so I do think that it is def possible that we can over haul Charlton,  and much tougher to catch leeds but still possible - if unlikely

I can see the current top 3 breaking away from the rest come the end of the season, and it coming down to us or Charlton ,with the side that finishes third being a good dozen points ahead of the rest. However as we''ve seen in plenty of occasions that third place team doesn''t necessarily go up via the playoffs.

I have a nasty suspicion that the 6th place team lying in wait will be Southampton, it may turn out that the real losers in their 10 points deduction turns out to be us or Charlton??