Sign in to follow this  
Dom Tyler

Target Man

Why doesnt Worthington play McKenzie as a a target man instead of Svensson. McKenzie is blatantly much better in the air than Svensson and so should be our target man. But hopefully now its January well be getting a decent one who will finish the chances.

McKenzie was superb today. WELL DONE!

I say bring in John Hartson, i dont like or rate him as a footballer but i think he will do us a job and finish the chances. He is very good in the air! Or sell Greeno and have more money in the bank to spend on an even better striker i say Ashton. Young, quick, good in the air and a bloomin good finisher of the ball.

Dom you aint making a lot of sence you said bring in hartson but you dont rate him as a footballer so whats the point in that then, and secondly yes mckenzie puts himself about and does the running of 2 men but in out heart of hearts i think we all know that he lacks that killer instinct in front of goal and in the prem running around all afternoon aint going to win you games im afraid, a great shame because i love the guy but the reality is he cant finish.  

Can I just ask how many goals McKenzie scored today? Being a season ticketer, I''ve got a fair idea of how good each player is, and it is my belief that if Svensson hadn''t been injured last week and had played today, he would have knocked a couple in and that is the why Matt should be played ahead of Leon. I''m not saying that McKenzie had a bad game as he clearly was one of our star performers, I just feel he doesn''t have the touch and finish we need in the Prem. He could however be a very good sub to bring on in place of Jonson or Huckerby.

I know I''m probably going to get shot at but I think that this is the case.

Bolton was the only game he''s actually won a header in isn''t it lol.

Svensson is shite in the air tbh...

Maybe he isnt the best finisher we''ve got in our team but i thought a target man was someone you play the long ball to and he''ll knock it off to a a striker to finish off the move. So if McKenzie was the target man he wouldnt have to finish off the chance. In corners and free kicks and balls played to him in the box i think he has the capability to head some of them in alright he isnt the best finisher off the boot but his heading is quite good. Svensson alright scored two goals from the head against Bolton but he does not win enough headers every game for my liking for his height and build he is simply a not good enough headerer of the ball for me.

Team against Middlesbrough: 4-4-2 Green, Drury, Doherty, Fleming, Edworthy, Bentley, Mulryne, Helveg, Francis(if he is back) if not McVeigh, Huckerby, McKenzie

Agreed about Sven being ahead of Leon. I do not wish to slag any players off- all of our lads are worth a run out. I do however feel that Leon (rightly) wins many peoples hearts for his commitment and energy rather than his ability as a striker. His return is not impressive and we need someone who can bang them in more often. (Even if it is just cos they are lucky!) He is a top lad- who is giving his all. Good on him. But we need something with a little bit more cutting edge in the second half of this season.

And my goodness do I feel worried about the next fortnight with our current injuries! back in that bottom three for February I reckon

Where is the new Flecky??

height......

Mckenzie isnt the tallest person at out club.......

Give me McKenzie before Svensson any day.  Yes Svensson has scored the goals but in the Bolton game he was given perfect service and was being marked by a poor defender.  Svensson doesn''t put in half the effort that McKenzie does over 90 minutes, and for a central striker he hardly wins a header. 

Other than score yesterday, McKenzie''s performance up front as a lone striker was the best I have seen from a Norwich striker this season.

"MacKenzie doesn''t have the touch and the finish we need in the Prem"??? What about when he latched on to a no-chance through ball at full stretch with 2 defenders on him and he lobbed Robinson with a real delcate touch, and Naybet just managed to clear the ball off the line? Sheer Henry. And this wasn''t WBA or Blackburn, this was one of the best defences in the Premiership.

There''s a difference between missing chances and not scoring goals. I didn''t see him miss any chances - what I saw was Spurs getting away with it.