Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Oldham Fans

Thought they were the best we''ve seen all season - didn''t bring too many but they were very humorous and sang for most of the game. It was like they turned up expecting nothing, but chants of ''We''re gonna win the league'' and cheering when they got a corner etc was all done in good spirits.

Good bunch.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

Thought they were the best we''ve seen all season - didn''t bring too many but they were very humorous and sang for most of the game. It was like they turned up expecting nothing, but chants of ''We''re gonna win the league'' and cheering when they got a corner etc was all done in good spirits.

Good bunch.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

Also, we were very quiet today. The sort of performance by the fans that would have faced criticism by Peter Grant.

They were brilliant entertainment i thought the best chant was " we only want one shot " and when it came they celebrated as if they had won the fa cup .

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

Good bunch.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

Also, we were very quiet today. The sort of performance by the fans that would have faced criticism by Peter Grant.

[/quote]

I agree that the Oldham fans were great.

It was good to see some harmless banter between the two sets of fans. Thought the best moment was in the first half when Oldham strung half a dozen passes together to the chant of " Ole " from their fans only for the whole of the rest of the ground to respond with a really big " Ole " as the final shot went sailing way over the bar and up into the Barclay Stand !!

The City fans were very quiet in the first half, even when we were two up and completely on top. Strange that - but does seem to be the norm at Carrow Road these days -.but a lot better in the the second half which is odd as our best football had already been played.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Yes the Oldham fans were great - had a good sense of humour and were not full of chavs trying to wind up the home fans![/quote]

Which ground were you lot in ? I thought we in lower Barclay kept the noise going formost of the match, we kept the up the football league we go  on severel occasions, OTBC rang out several times too, followed by we shoot burglers, East Anglia rang out afew times, Not to mention thats why your going down, Or did I imagine all that ? I heard and took part in it and I''m 50% deaf, cant be the only one then    

There wasnt a great deal going on over the other side of the Barclay. Couldnt get tickets for E block for this game so decided to try B. Seemed to be slap bang in the middle of the noise. Blocks D&E and to a lesser extent C to the left and the Snakepit to the right, but very little from A&B. The only time there was any animation was when Gregan tried to knock Drury''s head off. Think next time i''ll risk the rain and get a seat at the front of D or E. Back on topic. Yes i thought the Oldham fans were excellent. The one shot chant was superb [Y]

I was in block m of the Jarrolds library and the Barclay were very quiet in the first half but did improve a bit in the second, having said that considering the form we have been in and the fact we were 2-0 up it was still a disappointing atmosphere.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]We always are quiet and sing the same old songs.[/quote]

Can''t argue with that, the songs that are sung have become all to boring and preditable and there''s more noise in a library than inside Carrow Road at times.

The attendance comes up and you just know whats coming next. And singing "We''re the Barclay" is a laugh but i would rather we sung for the players.