Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

From -6 to +18 in 20 games

Now that really tells a story, doesn''t it?

At the same rate, that would give us approximately (a) a season''s total of 97 goals, (b) a season''s goal difference of +42, and (c) a season''s total of 87 points.

Given the recent historical patterns of the the Third Division aka. League One will that be enough for automatic promotion? Or will we need to perform even better in the final 26 games?

It would be interesting to hear from the statisticians and historians on this.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

At the same rate, that would give us approximately (a) a season''s total of 97 goals, (b) a season''s goal difference of +42, and (c) a season''s total of 87 points.

Given the recent historical patterns of the the Third Division aka. League One will that be enough for automatic promotion? Or will we need to perform even better in the final 26 games?

OTBC

[/quote]

In my memory Bly, I don''t think we have ever scored 100 goals in a season. It would be the ideal time to break that record.

Will 87 points be enough? who knows, Charlton and Colchester keep winning so this could be a season where the top 4 or 5 finish a long way clear of the rest.

I am pretty confident that as long as we keep our key players we will get an automatic spot.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

The headline should say "in 19 games" not 20.  We were -6 AFTER 1 game, not before it. I nitpick, I know.

And still not hgihest goalscorers in the league, Huddersfield on 43, you on 42 i think

[quote user="sam"]And still not hgihest goalscorers in the league, Huddersfield on 43, you on 42 i think[/quote]Lambert out!  Give us a break, yeah?

[quote user="sam"]And still not hgihest goalscorers in the league, Huddersfield on 43, you on 42 i think[/quote]Sam you have 669 posts, and you are a Leeds fan? [:|] Get a life, and stop gloating?

The previous 3 seasons suggests that 87 points is enough for a 2nd place finish but we need to be looking for 92+ to win this league(I suspect you know this Bly).

The thing I find interesting is the gap that is opening between the top 4(us included)and the rest. Keep an eye on Swindon though as they seem to be creeping up unnoticed.

My ideal end of season would be Norwich and Charlton to finish in the top 2 spots and Southampton to win the play offs. Leeds have yet to suffer the customary seasonal slip up and then lose out in the play offs.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="sam"]And still not hgihest goalscorers in the league, Huddersfield on 43, you on 42 i think[/quote]Sam you have 669 posts, and you are a Leeds fan? [:|] Get a life, and stop gloating?[/quote]You have nearly 1500 posts and you have only been here 3 monthes....pot kettle and all that.

Yeah but I am a Norwich fan. Can you really make 669 posts basically all saying either "We are better than you" or "Beckford is better than Holt?" king cherub, have I offended you somehow? You seem to be VERY critical of this deluded 15 year old here [;)] [N]

[quote user="Brendan"]Yeah but I am a Norwich fan. Can you really make 669 posts basically all saying either "We are better than you" or "Beckford is better than Holt?" king cherub, have I offended you somehow? You seem to be VERY critical of this deluded 15 year old here [;)] [N][/quote]No i am just amused by someone who averages nearly 500 posts a month on an internet message board telling someone else to get a life.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

The previous 3 seasons suggests that 87 points is enough for a 2nd place finish but we need to be looking for 92+ to win this league(I suspect you know this Bly).

The thing I find interesting is the gap that is opening between the top 4(us included)and the rest. Keep an eye on Swindon though as they seem to be creeping up unnoticed.

My ideal end of season would be Norwich and Charlton to finish in the top 2 spots and Southampton to win the play offs. Leeds have yet to suffer the customary seasonal slip up and then lose out in the play offs.

[/quote]

Unless you count the 1st week, Norwich has not had the customary slip up either, and slip ups generally last longer than 3 games.  Leeds tied at home today, so maybe they are starting theirs!?!?!  Truth be told, I am only concerned about Charlton.  I could not care less about being 1st if being 2nd gets the same ultimate reward, less a copper trophy for topping 3rd tier soccer.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Leeds tied at home today, so maybe they are starting theirs!?!?!  Truth be told, I am only concerned about Charlton.  I could not care less about being 1st if being 2nd gets the same ultimate reward, less a copper trophy for topping 3rd tier soccer.[/quote]

The above statement is quite possibly the most American thing I have ever read...

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Leeds tied at home today, so maybe they are starting theirs!?!?!  Truth be told, I am only concerned about Charlton.  I could not care less about being 1st if being 2nd gets the same ultimate reward, less a copper trophy for topping 3rd tier soccer.[/quote]

The above statement is quite possibly the most American thing I have ever read...[/quote]Wait until Gary Doherty commits an overtime blooper to hand The Huddersfield Terriers a one-zip win on the road.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

The above statement is quite possibly the most American thing I have ever read...[/quote]Wait until Gary Doherty commits an overtime blooper to hand The Huddersfield Terriers a one-zip win on the road.[/quote]I find your contribusefulness amazing  at this moment in time.

[quote user="Brendan"] You seem to be VERY critical of this deluded 15 year old here [;)] [N]
[/quote]

Have to say that I''m surprised that a young 15 yr lad spends so much time on a message board.

Getting back to the thread from -6 to +18 in 20 games is a wonderful achievement.

[quote user="Brendan"]Yeah but I am a Norwich fan. Can you really make 669 posts basically all saying either "We are better than you" or "Beckford is better than Holt?" king cherub, have I offended you somehow? You seem to be VERY critical of this deluded 15 year old here [;)] [N][/quote]

When have i ever said beckford is better then holt or we are better then you, i know both are true but no need to make accusations like that. Take a look at the league table mate, it makes for good reading

[quote user="sam"][quote user="Brendan"]Yeah but I am a Norwich fan. Can you really make 669 posts basically all saying either "We are better than you" or "Beckford is better than Holt?" king cherub, have I offended you somehow? You seem to be VERY critical of this deluded 15 year old here [;)] [N][/quote]

When have i ever said beckford is better then holt or we are better then you, i know both are true but no need to make accusations like that. Take a look at the league table mate, it makes for good reading[/quote]Exactly, whats the point in being a stupid little immature kid trying to wind me up on here. I couldnt care less, I know Leeds are in a much better position than Norwich at this current moment. So seriously, whats the point? And sorry if i did say that all you say is "Beckford better than Holt" and "Leeds better than Norwich", It''s just 90% of Leeds fan''s i have spoken to, say exactly that.

[quote user="Brendan"]
Exactly, whats the point in being a stupid little immature kid trying to wind me up on here. I couldnt care less, I know Leeds are in a much better position than Norwich at this current moment. So seriously, whats the point? [/quote]

Calm down Brendan.