Sign in to follow this  
J Dilla (Rest In Beats)

David Mooney...

if you bothered to look he is at charlton on loan at the moment and the way he played against them in our 4-2 defeat i wouldnt want him back

He had his good games but when it came to the crunch in them last few desperate games towards the end of last season he lacked that edge and hunger required to avoid relegation.

Another case of a loan player that knew he''d be long gone while the club was coming to terms with relegation!

Thats why I agree with Lamberts 2 loan signings last week cause they are grateful to be at a bigger club and want to join permanantly!

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]yeah because Chris Martin is doing shite atm isn''t he? He came through the ranks here and loves this club way more than Mooney ever would so i would rather have Chrissy
[/quote]

Agree that Martins now in need of being subbed later on in games cause he has been labouring late on in games but look at his goal tally and you''ll see their has been an end product where hes concerned!

A very ordinary player in my view who is no better than Martin or MacDonald. If we were looking to pay a fee to get in another striker then there are far better than him about and we need someone in the Holt mould as cover or a different option

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]A very ordinary player in my view who is no better than Martin or MacDonald. If we were looking to pay a fee to get in another striker then there are far better than him about and we need someone in the Holt mould as cover or a different option[/quote]

I agree, If we were to buy a new striker it would have to be someone that stood out head and shoulders abover Martin and Cody and became a full time partner with Holt, no point having another Martin,Cody, thats not quite good enough to play week in week out.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]A very ordinary player in my view who is no better than Martin or MacDonald. If we were looking to pay a fee to get in another striker then there are far better than him about and we need someone in the Holt mould as cover or a different option[/quote] I agree, If we were to buy a new striker it would have to be someone that stood out head and shoulders abover Martin and Cody and became a full time partner with Holt, no point having another Martin,Cody, thats not quite good enough to play week in week out.[/quote]

Quite true, though getting someone better than Martin and Macdonald would be tricky and probably would cost a reasonable fee!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]A very ordinary player in my view who is no better than Martin or MacDonald. If we were looking to pay a fee to get in another striker then there are far better than him about and we need someone in the Holt mould as cover or a different option[/quote] I agree, If we were to buy a new striker it would have to be someone that stood out head and shoulders abover Martin and Cody and became a full time partner with Holt, no point having another Martin,Cody, thats not quite good enough to play week in week out.[/quote]

Quite true, though getting someone better than Martin and Macdonald would be tricky and probably would cost a reasonable fee!

[/quote]

and probably not necessary at the moment!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Alan Lee

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Alan Lee

[/quote] What!   Never in a million years he was s**t. All that rubbish about how he was going to get loads of goals against Ipswich, he then did sod all in that game and made us look stupid!

[quote user="Helen"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Alan Lee

[/quote] What!   Never in a million years he was s**t. All that rubbish about how he was going to get loads of goals against Ipswich, he then did sod all in that game and made us look stupid![/quote]

Was that the only game you saw him play for us? For the few games he was with us I would suggest that he showed more passion and determination to avoid us getting relegated than the vast majority of all the permanent players. I know he was fighting for a contract but nevertheless his strength and ability was there for all to see. I reckon he would give us the strongest chance of securing promotion, guess he would be affordable, provide more options for us and likely to benefit from Lambert''s management. I can''t think of a striker we''ve had with such a powerful shot. I think there were plenty ahead of him who were doing sod all and making us look stupid. I think we would do well to find better.  

[quote user="Helen"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Alan Lee

[/quote] What!   Never in a million years he was s**t. All that rubbish about how he was going to get loads of goals against Ipswich, he then did sod all in that game and made us look stupid![/quote]

your talking a load of crap! how many goals did Lee score for us? he almost kept us up and if the rest of the side cared as much as Lee did in his time here we wouldnt be in league 1.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Is playing for Crystal Palace.[/quote]

hopefully any player we want will be playing for someone.

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Helen"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Alan Lee

Was that the only game you saw him play for us? For the few games he was with us I would suggest that he showed more passion and determination to avoid us getting relegated than the vast majority of all the permanent players. I know he was fighting for a contract but nevertheless his strength and ability was there for all to see. I reckon he would give us the strongest chance of securing promotion, guess he would be affordable, provide more options for us and likely to benefit from Lambert''s management. I can''t think of a striker we''ve had with such a powerful shot. I think there were plenty ahead of him who were doing sod all and making us look stupid. I think we would do well to find better.  

[/quote]

I Never Understood All The Hype Around Alan Lee. I Saw Him Play A Couple Of Times When He Was With Us, And Never Got Why Everyone Though He Was Amazing. To Be Honest I Preferred Alan Gow. I Thought Him And The Mooney Partnership Was Much More Productive Than The Mooney + Lee Partnership. But Then Lee Came In And Gow Got Pushed Out! Well That''s My OIpinion Anyway! [:P]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

He''s a prostitue.............and doesn''t care one jot about Charlton.

[/quote]

Spot on, haven''t we learnt about loan players by now?

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

He''s a prostitue.............and doesn''t care one jot about Charlton.

[/quote]

Spot on, haven''t we learnt about loan players by now?

[/quote]

Darren Huckerby, Peter Crouch and Leroy Lita... clearly not....