Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report v Oldham.

Well, everything seems to be going on nicely according to plan, doesn''t it? We all expected a clear victory and so it proved to be. The opening 10 minutes was all one way traffic with City forcing 4 or 5 corners and getting close to scoring on several occasions. Indeed, I would go so far as to say it was the most dominating start to a game that I have seen all season. However no goals came in the opening 20 minutes so Ricardo ventured to answer the call of nature at what seemed a quiet moment. Yes, you''ve guessed it. I had just regained the top of the stairs as Holty met Martins cross for the opener. It''s uncanny how many times this has happened to me over the years it''s almost as if someone is saying "Ricardo''s out of his seat lets stick one in right quick".

We continued to ask all the questions and Oldham seldom ventured far beyond the halway line but flooded midfield in a vain attempt to stifle our creativity. Holty had a good shout for a pen when his hard shot struck an arm but the Ref waved it away. In fairness I think it was ball to hand rather than the other way round. In any event a second goal soon came as Hoolahan bamboozled a defender on the right of the box and hammered a rising drive beyond the keepers right hand. At this stage it looked like anything was possible but in spite of other openings half time arrived without further score. During the entire opening half Frazer Forster had less to do than a deck chair seller on Cromer beach in December.

The second half began in much the same vein but although we dominated the approachwork we could not find a clinical finish to properly reflect our dominance. Chris Martin hit a terrific twenty yarder just wide and moments later another thunderbolt nearly cut one of the centrebacks in half. All credit to Oldham who, although totally outclassed, never gave it up. Eventually they got a chance when a throughball finally got beyond the centrebacks and only Forsters legs prevented a goal. The game got a bit scrappier as the substitutes came on but there was still time for Oldham to create another decent chance which Forster was again equal to. So three more points in the bag and a decent performance from the whole team has put us all in a good mood for the weekend.

In my humble opinion it was a toss up between Rusty and Hooly for MOM. Holty was again very good and appears to have all the confidence of a man who knows his next goal won''t be long in comming. The entire defence was solid with Russell Martin looking o.k. without being outstanding. Nothing much to say about Askou and the Doc other than they missed very little between them.

The main thing I learnt from today is that a pre-match Peroni is not a good idea for a man with a dodgey prostate.

If it''s any consolation Ricardo, I''m about half your age and a pre-match pint often works the same way for me too...Good write up.  Wes and Russell were both v good today.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If it''s any consolation Ricardo, I''m about half your age and a pre-match pint often works the same way for me too...
Good write up.  Wes and Russell were both v good today.

[/quote]

Yeah Chops, but I also have to take those bloody Benzowhatsanames for my blood pressure. They make you want a pee about every 20 minutes so I have to be ultra careful with the timing of my pre-match pint.

As my dear old mum used to say,"theres no fun in getting old, boy"

Good report as always Ricardo[Y] I take those Benzowhatsanames, followed by one of Bly''s bananas, and then spend the rest of the morning going for a pee! I''m ok by the afternoon though so I reckon it''s that pint[B]

Cheers Ricardo. I didn''t even get to listen to the game today but I trust your report over anything I can read in the papers over the next couple of days. You''re a top man [Y]

[quote user="ricardo"]

It''s uncanny how many times this has happened to me over the years it''s almost as if someone is saying "Ricardo''s out of his seat lets stick one in right quick".

[/quote]

Can we arrange for you to be out of your seat for the rest of the season? Lol!

Another quality write up by Ricardo.

BTW., I was worried when Holt got crunched in the second half. Glad to see him get up and continue.

Thanks Ricardo. With respect to the prostate, the authoritative book to read is "Prostate Book" by Dr Peter Scardino ( co-authored by Judith Kellman ). It''s excellent and certainly tells you anything and everything you want to know. Scardino heads the efforts on this front out of the famous Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Book first went into print in 2005. I''m sure your library would have a copy. I don''t think he covered, however, how to ensure you never miss a goal at Carrow Road.

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 05/12/2009 7:21 PM:

2nd half we eased off the gas a bit too much. If Oldham had a decent striker we would of drawn the game today...

Unless of course our srikers had taken all of our chances and we would have won by about 5 clear goals. Tool.

Nice one Ricardo. Thought Rusty was v good too. Seems a bit of an unsung hero at the moment. But when Doc brings a ball out of the sky with his left foot I suppose we should all give oursleves a pinch.

PS Glad to hear that I''m not the only one needing to watch the pre match fluids!

Ricardo, we should all chip in and buy you a drink before games. That way you are at the toilet alot during games and we seem to score when that happens and any money left over we can buy you the seasons goals on DVD for the ones you have missed.

Ricardo, a great report as always, and keep taking the tablets, though if you have high BP please do be careful and don''t get over excited - please avoid the transfer gossip in January. As for taking Bendroflumethiazide (don''t laugh, I type drug names like this all day at work), just be thankful you aren''t on HRT medication or steroids.

Oi reckon it''s all that there coffee you guzzle in the Forum that''s the problem Bor!

(It''s defniteley tasting more bitter as of late as your good lady says)

What i want to know is since when did Lappin become our midfield hardman?  Diving into tackles, boll*cking other players for not getting stuck in, squaring up to oppo players- i`m liking his attitude though.

To the Chris Martin cynics- yet another assist with a great run down the right and cross, heavily involved in the second with a similar run down the left and a clever ball to Drury (?) who crossed.  The boy consistantly delivers the goods.

Thanks for the report Ricardo [Y].

In addition to the accurate report, I felt that Hoolahan''s decision making was top drawer. He still got caught out a couple of times but think you have to expect this when a player tries the things he does, but he seemed to release the ball much quicker and more often than normal and choosing more effectively when to hold the ball and use his trickery. He also seemed to be faster and fitter and was terrier like when we didn''t have possession. He was my nomination for MOM but after the sponsors had chosen Doc I reflected on how assured his performance was combined with excellent distribution well in excess of expectations of any centre back that it was a fair choice. What a pleasant position we are in that most games offer several serious contenders for the after match award, as mentioned on canary call.

Another accurate remark on canary call was the air of disappointment after the game despite a convincing two nil win. I fully believe that we have the ability to beat some of the poorest teams in this league by ten clear goals. Whether we actually do or not is another matter but I am very much a realist and thought that it was achievable yesterday. I would dearly love it to happen to negate and overshadow our opening day defeat.