Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

well said mr lambert..!

i did read on here many peoples concerns regarding losing grant holt and wes hoolahan during the transfer window re-opening in january .

i like the quote mr lambert said in the news of the world ."the fans would burn the place down if i let them go.!! "thet are not going anywhere". im not going to do it. i dont think the would be a stadium here so no .

lets hope this man sticks by his word and the board realise both the players are key to us gaining promotion this season . its good news we have a manager who knows what he is doing and have the thoughts and respect of the fans . i have to take my hat off to you paul . you are good for this club and clearly a very well liked and a respected man .

keep up with the good work as you are putting smiles back on the faces of the great fans this club has.

He knows what he is doing, the first manager here for a long time who does. The Board are just about on their 9th life after all the mistakes of the past and think they will let him do as he thinks fit within reason

your right ..! if the board have any idea at all mcnally and lambert should have the say . the current board worry me that they might sell them if they feel they get good enough price for either or both. lets hope after the many blunders they have made they will listen to the manager who has pulled everything around .

We have to get promoted. The Board know that. The implications of not getting promotion will be dire, and, quite likely, even if not adminstration, then a player cull to end all player culls, the departure of the Manager and his coaching staff, and, not forgetting, the loss of a lot of jobs at the club for the people who work there-players and Managers can move on, but its harder for the admin people, the groundstaff, the cleaners, the folk at Colney, all of whom would be affected by the cutting back...

If they sell, they cannot sit back and wring their hands at a probable missed opportunity and say "we did all we could". The Holt''s, the Hoolahans, they have to stay. Play hardball with them and their agents, if they have to move, they can do so in the Summer if they still want to-if we go up, maybe they won''t want to-but Lambert is right, and his statement in today is just as relevant to the Board, if not, more so, than to the fans,

It was Windass not coming here that contributed a lot towards the departure of MON. We do not want a Holt or a Wes leaving, to be the precipitating factor behind Lambert going and us ending up with a poor squad and someone like Russell Slade here next season...

[quote user="singing canary"]i did read on here many peoples concerns regarding losing grant holt and wes hoolahan during the transfer window re-opening in january . i like the quote mr lambert said in the news of the world ."the fans would burn the place down if i let them go.!! "thet are not going anywhere". im not going to do it. i dont think the would be a stadium here so no . lets hope this man sticks by his word and the board realise both the players are key to us gaining promotion this season . its good news we have a manager who knows what he is doing and have the thoughts and respect of the fans . i have to take my hat off to you paul . you are good for this club and clearly a very well liked and a respected man . keep up with the good work as you are putting smiles back on the faces of the great fans this club has.[/quote]

Since when has a manager had any power over accountants looking to claw in some cash?

They will be sold and Lambert will walk out in disgust.... to a "bigger" club. Cue grateful thanks and mid table mediocrity.

The script is already written.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="singing canary"]i did read on here many peoples concerns regarding losing grant holt and wes hoolahan during the transfer window re-opening in january . i like the quote mr lambert said in the news of the world ."the fans would burn the place down if i let them go.!! "thet are not going anywhere". im not going to do it. i dont think the would be a stadium here so no . lets hope this man sticks by his word and the board realise both the players are key to us gaining promotion this season . its good news we have a manager who knows what he is doing and have the thoughts and respect of the fans . i have to take my hat off to you paul . you are good for this club and clearly a very well liked and a respected man . keep up with the good work as you are putting smiles back on the faces of the great fans this club has.[/quote]

Since when has a manager had any power over accountants looking to claw in some cash?

They will be sold and Lambert will walk out in disgust.... to a "bigger" club. Cue grateful thanks and mid table mediocrity.

[/quote]

If you''re wrong mate, and I pray you are, will you then start beliving?

[/quote]blah blah blah,,drivel drivel drivel......what a load of cr8p............The board know if these players are sold we will struggle to get promoted and promotion is the most important thing for the club and the accountants!!! im sure they will be looking long term not short term.

I think the board will go the other way and give him a bit of dosh to spend and strengthen.

Holt and Hoops will be here at the end of the season basking in the glory of promotion back to the champs.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]blah blah blah,,drivel drivel drivel......what a load of cr8p............The board know if these players are sold we will struggle to get promoted and promotion is the most important thing for the club and the accountants!!! im sure they will be looking long term not short term.[/quote]

We shall see won''t we?

If Leeds or another ambitious club seeking a short term goal boost to enhance their own promotion push they will go. These are journeymen with no loyalty to anything other than their own prospects. A good pay packet and a chance to play for a Northern club will see them gone.

It isn''t pretty but that''s how it is.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I wouldn''t burn down the sacred palace but I would be awfully angry if ANY of our 1st team were sold![/quote]What about if it meant avoiding administration?

I see no reason to believe that Leeds, Charleton, Southampton, Huddersfield or MK Dons are any more or less ambitious than Norwich. Considering their attendances, and the length of time Leeds have been out of the top flight, you could say Leedss, for example, are less ambitious.

I have met Delia several times and I have always believed she wants the best for Norwich and, rightly or wrongly, she has stood by the managers until the very end ...... shouldering much of the blame for the Club''s position on herself when it has clearly been the fault of others.

I do not believe she, or the Board members, will put any pressure on Mr Lambert to sell anyone and to be honest I do not see " Leeds or any other ambitious Club" coming to buy our boys. The chance has been there before and no one wanted them.

Our Accountants and Bankers have supported the Club very well in the recent past and I think that support will continue. It''s pretty clear judging by the number of shop premises to rent in the High Street, the low return on Bank Deposits, and the decline in prices at the Auction Rooms that now is not the time to sell your assets - especially if there is a reasonable chance that they can be put to work for a good return in the near future.

I do not accept that most of our first team players are "journeymen" and from what I have read about them in the EDP and from their actions on the pitch I would say that they are pretty happy to play for Norwich and see promotion of Norwich to the Championship as being as good a way to further their own careers as any.

I personally believe Leeds will fall away in the New Year and once again miss promotion. Norwich having overhauled Charleton will go on to win the League because of the determination of our Directors, Manager and supporters. It will not be Norwich selling players in the January window but I feel "Leeds" and other "ambitious clubs" could well be tempted to sell their players.

One must always remember that only 25% of the teams in the play off zone get promoted and those are not very good odds.

.......... These are journeymen with no loyalty to anything other than their own prospects. A good pay packet and a chance to play for a Northern club will see them gone.

It isn''t pretty but that''s how it is.

[/quote]

I read this sort of thing here all the time. It is pure hypocrisy

[/quote]It''s just as likely that Hoolihan will score 20 for us this season, Holt will score 30, and we''ll be promoted in 2nd, saving a lot of bacon in the process.  Cue a muted promotion celebration and mid-table mediocrity in the division we properly belong in - the Championship.