Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Why and where would Holt go?

For some reason a lot of people are getting their knickers in a twist about the possibility of Holty leaving in January.Look at the facts: Holt can''t play in the Premiership, anybody who thinks he can is blinkered, deluded and in love with the guy so much that all reason has left them.He could play Championship and be affective however. With that in mind he might go to a Championship side. Well it won''t be Newcastle, WBA and in my view anybody else in the promotion race, and he''d be a fool to do so. Why because he''d be either playing reserve team football for them when they get to the Premiereship or more likely just shipped out again.Holt will know this, he''s not a green horn and he not stupid. He is at a club with the best support in Div 1 and if promotion comes we won''t exactly be far from the top in support there either.His options are to move to teams like Crystal Palace and Coventry and play mid table nothing games in front of 14000 or stick where he''s playing winning football every week in front of home crowds of 25000. Promotion is our goal and I''m sure Championship football is Holts goal. He''ll be playing it next season if he continues to do what he is for us. Teams will come calling but how many will have anything better to offer Holt. None is my guess.Calm down, enjoy the season and give it up for a great lower league striker.OTBC

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]For some reason a lot of people are getting their knickers in a twist about the possibility of Holty leaving in January.

Look at the facts: Holt can''t play in the Premiership, anybody who thinks he can is blinkered, deluded and in love with the guy so much that all reason has left them.

He could play Championship and be affective however. With that in mind he might go to a Championship side. Well it won''t be Newcastle, WBA and in my view anybody else in the promotion race, and he''d be a fool to do so. Why because he''d be either playing reserve team football for them when they get to the Premiereship or more likely just shipped out again.

Holt will know this, he''s not a green horn and he not stupid. He is at a club with the best support in Div 1 and if promotion comes we won''t exactly be far from the top in support there either.

His options are to move to teams like Crystal Palace and Coventry and play mid table nothing games in front of 14000 or stick where he''s playing winning football every week in front of home crowds of 25000.

Promotion is our goal and I''m sure Championship football is Holts goal. He''ll be playing it next season if he continues to do what he is for us.

Teams will come calling but how many will have anything better to offer Holt. None is my guess.

Calm down, enjoy the season and give it up for a great lower league striker.

OTBC
[/quote]

He''ll head back north to any club who would pay his wages......

Nothing wrong with that at his age.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]For some reason a lot of people are getting their knickers in a twist about the possibility of Holty leaving in January.Look at the facts: Holt can''t play in the Premiership, anybody who thinks he can is blinkered, deluded and in love with the guy so much that all reason has left them.He could play Championship and be affective however. With that in mind he might go to a Championship side. Well it won''t be Newcastle, WBA and in my view anybody else in the promotion race, and he''d be a fool to do so. Why because he''d be either playing reserve team football for them when they get to the Premiereship or more likely just shipped out again.Holt will know this, he''s not a green horn and he not stupid. He is at a club with the best support in Div 1 and if promotion comes we won''t exactly be far from the top in support there either.His options are to move to teams like Crystal Palace and Coventry and play mid table nothing games in front of 14000 or stick where he''s playing winning football every week in front of home crowds of 25000. Promotion is our goal and I''m sure Championship football is Holts goal. He''ll be playing it next season if he continues to do what he is for us. Teams will come calling but how many will have anything better to offer Holt. None is my guess.Calm down, enjoy the season and give it up for a great lower league striker.OTBC[/quote]

[/quote]What in January. Do you think?I''d say he''ll see the season through and enjoy the the very high profile that he is receiving from local media and fans alike. No promotion would lead to him thinking again I''m sure, however if he keeps doing the business like he is then thats not a worry.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]For some reason a lot of people are getting their knickers in a twist about the possibility of Holty leaving in January.

Look at the facts: Holt can''t play in the Premiership, anybody who thinks he can is blinkered, deluded and in love with the guy so much that all reason has left them.

He could play Championship and be affective however. With that in mind he might go to a Championship side. Well it won''t be Newcastle, WBA and in my view anybody else in the promotion race, and he''d be a fool to do so. Why because he''d be either playing reserve team football for them when they get to the Premiereship or more likely just shipped out again.

Holt will know this, he''s not a green horn and he not stupid. He is at a club with the best support in Div 1 and if promotion comes we won''t exactly be far from the top in support there either.

His options are to move to teams like Crystal Palace and Coventry and play mid table nothing games in front of 14000 or stick where he''s playing winning football every week in front of home crowds of 25000.

Promotion is our goal and I''m sure Championship football is Holts goal. He''ll be playing it next season if he continues to do what he is for us.

Teams will come calling but how many will have anything better to offer Holt. None is my guess.

Calm down, enjoy the season and give it up for a great lower league striker.

OTBC
[/quote]

[/quote]What in January. Do you think?

I''d say he''ll see the season through and enjoy the the very high profile that he is receiving from local media and fans alike. No promotion would lead to him thinking again I''m sure, however if he keeps doing the business like he is then thats not a worry.
[/quote]

You''re probably right......

Just being obtuse as is my want to do..... [;)]

i think the only teams he would go to are teams pushing for promo in the chamionship because he probs feels  that norwich have a high chance of going up so he may as well stay and try to achive promo with ncfc

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

You''re probably right......

Just being obtuse as is my want to do..... [;)]

[/quote]Bloody hell. Did anyone else see that flying pig?

Fear not, said he, for mighty dread had siezed their troubled minds. Glad tidings of great joy I bring to you and all the City kind. The great man states categorically and unequivocally in today''s EDP that he''s going nowhere. He''s prepared to see out his 3 year contract. What a hero! We have another Hucks or Iwan in our midst.