Sign in to follow this  
Woman in the Stands (WITS)

What makes a good atmosphere at a match?

Main vehicle that creates atmosphere is the teams performance. Everything else is irrelevant.

Imagine being in a nice restaurant, fancy décor, pleasant service, good music...but the food crap. Might as well have gone to Mcdonalds.

Although we have great facilities and a nice stadium, we have been serving up crap on the pitch for the last few seasons, thus the lull in atmosphere. This season there has been a noticeable high but personally I find it hard to motivate and get excited for games in this league because I expect us to win. Anything less than a win just isn''t good enough.

Nice idea the blog, only criticism I have is that it''s a little essay-like. However, I enjoy reading the blogs more than I enjoy reading this board!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Breasts.[/quote]

I have to agree with this suggestion.......

Always guaranteed to make me sit up and take notice.  [Y]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Breasts.[/quote]

I have to agree with this suggestion.......

Always guaranteed to make me sit up and take notice.  [Y]

[/quote]

My goodness for once in my life I agree totally with Cluck.....

[quote user="to big for the pants"]drunks and the odd blonde[/quote]

Or, the odd drunk waddling onto the pitch...and grabbing a microphone....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="to big for the pants"]drunks and the odd blonde[/quote]

Or, the odd drunk waddling onto the pitch...and grabbing a microphone....

[/quote]

You''ve got to laugh !

What game would you say had the best atmoshphere this season?

Mine would be Charlton

Today''s game was pretty good. The Oldham fans were entertaining enough - they had a good time.

Wonder why, in the blog, the male companion only deemed Premier clubs as worthy of a good atmosphere?

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]Main vehicle that creates atmosphere is the teams performance. Everything else is irrelevant. Imagine being in a nice restaurant, fancy décor, pleasant service, good music...but the food crap. Might as well have gone to Mcdonalds. Although we have great facilities and a nice stadium, we have been serving up crap on the pitch for the last few seasons, thus the lull in atmosphere. This season there has been a noticeable high but personally I find it hard to motivate and get excited for games in this league because I expect us to win. Anything less than a win just isn''t good enough. Nice idea the blog, only criticism I have is that it''s a little essay-like. However, I enjoy reading the blogs more than I enjoy reading this board![/quote]

Thanks for this Salford City Yellow. You''ve been peeking at my hard-drive!

What I neglected to say was it got far too long for one blog entry as I considered so many reasons for the creation of atmosphere at a match. Obviously the team''s performance is very relevant and that will be in the next instalment - it may go to 3 parts but definitely a 2nd part. I''ll try and make it less essay like too.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Absinthe.

[/quote]

Had you been dancing with the green fairy before the announcement of your man crush on Holty[;)]

Seating has had a big impact on the atmosphere, when we were getting around half the current attendances at Carrow Rd I think it could be reasonably argued that there was a better atmosphere and more singing. All those who wanted to sing could all head for the same area in the Barclay and get close together. Now fans are more spaced and it is harder to get to where the singing is because the season tickets have been sold, and perhaps to those who don''t sing but want to be there to be amongst it.

We do have a dedicated page on here for chants and the main discussion is also used for suggestions.

It always seems that a smaller amount of Norwich fans away can sing more than a higher amount at home.

I can''t recall if the blog mentioned the impact rivalries, past encounters, incidents and media reports have on the atmoshere generated.

I think the tempo, tackling and effort of the team has a bigger affect than the quality of the football.

[quote user="The gut"]

Seating has had a big impact on the atmosphere, when we were getting around half the current attendances at Carrow Rd I think it could be reasonably argued that there was a better atmosphere and more singing. All those who wanted to sing could all head for the same area in the Barclay and get close together. Now fans are more spaced and it is harder to get to where the singing is because the season tickets have been sold, and perhaps to those who don''t sing but want to be there to be amongst it.

We do have a dedicated page on here for chants and the main discussion is also used for suggestions.

It always seems that a smaller amount of Norwich fans away can sing more than a higher amount at home.

I can''t recall if the blog mentioned the impact rivalries, past encounters, incidents and media reports have on the atmoshere generated.

I think the tempo, tackling and effort of the team has a bigger affect than the quality of the football.

[/quote]

No it didn''t because the blog entry would have been too long otherwise. As I wrote yesterday, I plan to include other factors over the coming weeks. It was a huge list I compiled from the original idea.

Good points though so will look to include some of them in more detail.

WITS: Good points though so will look to include some of them in more detail.

Good Lord!

P.S: Wonder if The Gut knew that his input would provide the same result as adding water to garden weeds.