Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Who would you like in this Jan?

[quote user="NCFC-47"]No one if it int broke dont fix it
[/quote]

All four of my car tyres are in good working order and doing what they should but I still carry a spare.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Realisticly, who would you sign in the up and coming transfer window?

[/quote]

Maybe just another central defender in case Doc or Askou get injured and maybe another striker just in case Holty gets injured.

A good striker and a good CB, to enable us to rest one of our present when we are back to three games in 8 days or on heavy pitches.Just imagine the effect on morale in the opposing team when a fresh Holty comes off the bench after 70 minutes with us already leading 3-0!

GK A loan keeper and youngster, although good, one isnt ours and the other is still learning.

CB (cover for Askou)

RB cover for Martin, sell Semmy

RM someone with a bit of pace

ST not necessary, but some extra competition with quality would be useful

Martin and McNamee on a permanent deal.

To keep our key players.

Jan is a very pricey time to but players... Seaborne might come to City from Exeter...

I would rather keep the powder dry (to quote Worthington) until the summer and use the money then when there are a few players on frees etc...

Hopefully we keep hold of Russell, Holt, Wes and Martin... That is more imp than signing new players.

I think our signings have essentially already been made in Russell Martin and Anthony McNamee.  

Also think we have enoguh in defence with Nelson there, Spillane coming back who is a centre back by trade remember... and also with Stephens, Dumic and Francomb waiting in the wings...

We have gained no end by having to rely on our youth... I have no doubt that one two or even all THREE of these boys could be key players for city in the future...

All three, especially Stephens and Dumic have bags of potential...

Macnamee and Martin on a free.

A new stiker; Bernard, Simeon Jackson, etc. One of those two would be superb.

Albert Adomah.

A new centre-back.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Macnamee and Martin on a free.

A new stiker; Bernard, Simeon Jackson, etc. One of those two would be superb.

Albert Adomah.

A new centre-back.

[/quote]

Shaun... I''ll have what you''re having! If we could aford any of the above i''d be amazed...especially Jackson... He is a million pound player... Barnard is pretty similar to holt... (worth remembering if holt goes... I don''t think he will though btw... I think it is more press hype than anything) and Adomah... well... that''s going to be an auction... At least 5 clubs wil be after him... inc huddersfield and Southampton... not to mention the ''bigger boys'' of the championship.

At present the area''s i would like to see strengthened would be:-

Right back hopefully Martin is a done deal has looked solid the last two games.

Cover for Docs and Askou hopefully Seabourne will come in Jan.

I am a bit unsure about Lappins place in the team at present so some competition for him would be good although i would think we already have it in the shape of Hughes

and also as mentioned before another Striker.

Not too much then ;-)

The only reason a striker isn''t necessary is because Holt has stayed fit. If he were to be out for six weeks, we would be left with a frontline that is perhaps capable for this division but not of sufficient quality to push for the top two.

I know people always want strikers but we have four centre backs, when fit, cover for both full back positions, reasonable depth in midfield, have just added a winger to the squad and are well placed in goal for the rest of the season, so it really is only up front where we look light if an injury occurs. Cody is still a ''luxury maybe'' at this level and noone would sensibly rely on him to score consistently, regardless of his undoubted work ethic.

I doubt we''ve got the cash but one of the leading scorers in league 2, even a Zola type from Crewe, would be ideal to get us through the season - whatever happens to Holt – and remain a decent part of a Championship squad.

I would agree that a striker would be the priority (assuming McNamee and Martin become permanent). Barnard is more like Chris Martin than Holt (same height and two good feet). I would rather see a taller striker with pace (someone like Ashton, perhaps), who could come in if Holt is injured as well as play alongside Holt as competition for Martin. I had hoped that Maric would provide this, but as he didn''t, we need someone else who can. Adomah would also be a good signing for his ability to play on the right as well as a striker if need be.