Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

best chant you've heard

got to say I thought the chant on Saturday of "We only want one shot!" was one of the best chants I''ve ever heard at carrow Road in over 35 years of attending.

what''s other peoples?

I was at Fulham V CSKA on Thurs, some French guy stood up and shouted

"Al Fayed wooooaaaahhh, Al Fayed wooooaaaahhh! He wants to be a Brit, and QPR are sh*t, Al Fayed wooooaaaahh!"

made me giggle, but probably as it was sung in a ridiculously strong French accent! lol

Particularly when combined with their celebrations when they did take a shot!

I felt very sorry for their fans, they seemed like a good bunch despite the fact that their side is really struggling due to injuries and a lack of confidence(summed up neatly by the fact their only shot in the first half went out for a throw in). They look a bit like we did last year in some respects, no confidence, an ability to pass the ball in unthreatening areas, a porous defence and zero penetration.

Arsenal Fans last year. to the tune of Jackson 5''s blame it on the boogie.

"Dont''t Blame it on Henry, Don''t Blame it on the Injurys, Don''t Blame it on the Referee''s, Blame it on Eboue"

Premiership season, Chelsea at home, week after Delia''s half time entertainment.

"We''ve got Abramovich, you''ve got a drunken bitch"

The old half time at Southampton on the opening day years ago (I don''t know who they were playing- I wasn''t there but got told the story) Saints well behind and the oppo fans started up "going down, going down, going down" and the Saints fans came back with "So are we, so are we, so are we"That''s genius!

I thought they were great, the Oldham fans, nice to see a bunch with humour - let''s face it if we had been down in this league for years (I can remember Oldham and us in the Premier League/old first division). Not many in number, but good banter and sticking by their local club, despite living with undoubtedly lots of Man U ''fans''. Good on them, though their place has to be one of the coldest grounds I have ever been to, even in late Spring.

[quote user="willo"]Premiership season, Chelsea at home, week after Delia''s half time entertainment.

"We''ve got Abramovich, you''ve got a drunken bitch"[/quote]To which our retort was "We''ve got a supercook, you''ve got a Russian crook". Wouldn''t find many that would admit to singing that song now, would ya?!I think Moroccan all over the world is genius.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

got to say I thought the chant on Saturday of "We only want one shot!" was one of the best chants I''ve ever heard at carrow Road in over 35 years of attending.

what''s other peoples?

[/quote]i know oldham fans were a laugh and that but this is getting silly now. the chant has been about for years and used by numerous teams, yeah they were alright but they wearnt that good.

I did like their "Let''s pretend we''ve scored a goal" followed by mad cheering. We had a good laugh at that.

Arsenal vs Newcastle Fa cup 98 or something..... ( goals overmars and anelka)Got a free ticket from my family as they are all Islington based gooooners.Arsenal fans @ Shearer when he was getting more and more moody"Shearer is a w*ker""Shearer whats the score""Shearer wheres the cup"Wathing Englands "greatest" get more and more angry therefore miss more and more chances was very amusing.

For me it has to be the away game at coventry switched to carrow road due to their ground not being finished and the norwich fans sung " your''e supposed to be at home " brilliant !!

Not politically correct but all the better for it in my opinion...

Norwich away at Tottenham (League Cup Qtr Final I think) in the era of inflateables....

From the Norwich fans to the then Spurs Norwegian keeper...

"Eric Thorsvedt, Eric Thorsvedt, What''s is like to club a seal, what''s it like to club a seal!"

Followed by a inflateable killer whale being smashed up by giant hammers right behind his goal, followed by mass Ark! Ark! Ark! Ark! clapping hands outstretched "Easy! Easy!" style

I think we lost 2-1 to a Lineker winner.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="willo"]Premiership season, Chelsea at home, week after Delia''s half time entertainment. "We''ve got Abramovich, you''ve got a drunken bitch"[/quote]

To which our retort was "We''ve got a supercook, you''ve got a Russian crook". Wouldn''t find many that would admit to singing that song now, would ya?!.............

[/quote]

To which the Chelsea follow-up was, " You''re going down with your souffle, down with your souffle, down with your souffle, etc "

That''s class.