Sign in to follow this  
Toby Newton

Is This Green's last Game?

I have a feeling that this could be green''s last home game in a Norwich shirt!?

But i do wish the lad well if he does move on ,hes been a loyal servent to us and just hope he goes on to be Englands No1!

"He''ll still be here in February. He is a big part of what we are trying to do here so why sell him? If someone does come in for in, they should have a large bank balance"....Nigel Worthington.

of course worthington will say that.... if he comes out and says "greens available in january were desperate for the money, teams will bid low for him. if they think he''s wanted and the manager doesn''t want to see him leave then we might actually get closer to his value for him. although i can still see him leaving for around 3.5m.

Statistically Green is the best shot stopper in the Prem this season, I doubt we''ll sell him unless someone comes in with over £5 million. Less than that and it wouldn''t be worth selling as the points that could keep us up with him in the side would be lost

Some more goalkeeper news, Gallacher has been recalled from Gillingham because of our injury crisis. Just in time to step in when Greeno leaves in a week or 2

Greeno had a long, hard look all around the ground today when the final whistle blew. I get the impression that he is on his way.

Terrific shot stopper, a really nice lad, heaps of room for improvement. I dont think he''s worth anything like 4 mill'' & if anyone is silly enough to offer it we should snatch there hand off, Don''t get me wrong I think that he is one of the top english keepers, unfortunately he is a far from finished article, my two reasons for this claim are as follows, Firstly he is terrible at commanding his six yard box let alone the eighteen yard, there was a classic example of that today when in the second half a floated far post cross caused havoc as first he came, half stopped, then flapped & punched to little effect. this is evident in nearly every game we play and results in our defence having to back pedal deeper than they should resulting in any clearing headers falling on the edge of our penalty area,  his other fault is his communication skills with the rest of the defence, all the top keepers bully their defenders into position. (I wonder whether he lacks a little confidence in this area) I think he realises that he will be sold if the right bid comes in, I also think he knows that his career may well suffer, as its a distinct possibility that he may only be a squad member possibly warming the bench week in week out instead of being a fans favourite and key member of Norwich city, my money is on him still being here at the end of the season, ready to help in our second year back in the prem''!!!! 

Listening to canary call on the way home from the match yesterday, Neil Adams thought Liverpool could be his last match because Green didnt applaud the supporters etc yesterday.

Adams thought NCFC needed a couple of quality strikers to keep them up and the only real money available would be if they sold Green.

I don''t really think Green is ready to move to a bigger Club having only just started playing in the Premiership, but I don''t know how much say he has in the matter!

i reckon the only reason he would leave norwich would be if we get relegated at end of season.......

This won''t be Green''s last i know it he loves this club, why will he go to arsenal when they have 2 good keepers anyway , alumunia is becoming a good keeper. iF he was going i hope it is arsenal because we maybe be able to green = bentley+ 2 mill.