Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Thanks to everyone for their choices. It''s given me plenty to think about and eventually I''ve decided on the final six. So, er, let''s go (teams to win in bold. Obviously):

Real Madrid v Almeria (fonejacker, YankeeCanary, Fellas, Mr. Bump, Beauseant, obiwancanary)

Mansfield v Grays Athletic (lappinitup)

Oxford v Ebbsfleet (TIL 1010, Mandie Moo, Cosmic Twin)

Welshpool Town v Llanelli (leedscanary)

Waalwijk v PSV (Yellow Fever, NCFC_Shaun)

Arsenal v Stoke (Hissing Sid, Mister Chops, oh and me)

Not the most exciting bunch and not something that will win shedloads of money - but I''m fairly confident these will do the job and we''re long overdue any sort of win. Having said that if it was that easy poor old Billy would be bankrupt by now.

Fingers crossed...

Wonderful[Y] Thank you Graham these all look nailed on to me. And anyone can see how much effort you have made. I''ll ring these through to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here.

Let''s hope our ''November luck'' has gone out with the month because surely only rotten luck will prevent you from adding your name to the line of fame and producing another winning week for the academy.

Off to Portugal for this weeks nap and its Benfica to beat Academica at home.

Benfica are yet to lose at home in the league and Academica are yet to win away so lets hope these stats dont change after sunday evening!

Good luck to all

I feel like saying finally one of my picks hasn''t actually been picked!  I don''t know how many weeks on the trot it was, but it was making me feel like it was all going to end horribly at one point, which I guess it did last weekend!!Good luck Graham, they look like a good set of picks to me.

Hi one and all,                      Ive been a long time follower of the free-bet and have decided its time to get off the sidelines and stick my 10 pennorth in - I know the season is well under way and hope that even at this late stage its not too late to become part of an institution!! I know I''m too late to sway Grahams picks (Look a good selection to me!) but if its alright to join at this late stage - can I please go for -              Hereford Vs Notts County - Away win      Heres hoping to a City win and a return to glory (and money for the academy) for the pickers 

[quote user="Statto28"]Hi one and all,
                      Ive been a long time follower of the free-bet and have decided its time to get off the sidelines and stick my 10 pennorth in - I know the season is well under way and hope that even at this late stage its not too late to become part of an institution!! I know I''m too late to sway Grahams picks (Look a good selection to me!) but if its alright to join at this late stage - can I please go for -
              Hereford Vs Notts County - Away win

Heres hoping to a City win and a return to glory (and money for the academy) for the pickers 
[/quote]

Welcome Statto. Hope you can be a regular contributor and climb the list.

[quote user="Statto28"]Hi one and all,
                      Ive been a long time follower of the free-bet and have decided its time to get off the sidelines and stick my 10 pennorth in - I know the season is well under way and hope that even at this late stage its not too late to become part of an institution!! I know I''m too late to sway Grahams picks (Look a good selection to me!) but if its alright to join at this late stage - can I please go for -
              Hereford Vs Notts County - Away win

Heres hoping to a City win and a return to glory (and money for the academy) for the pickers 
[/quote]

Yes Statto I echo Yankee''s welcome. You are now a PUP[&] (Pink Un Picker) and you are part of our league. You could even win the league because there is still time for you to feature on our league table. I think those boys at the top of our league should be a bit concerned because I have a feeling Statto is going to be on their tails before the end of the season[Y]

Hi Nutty, can you put me down for a Norwich home win please?

Best of luck Graham, look forward to seeing you and all the rest of the PUPs at the Xmas get together!

NEWCASTLE versus Watford, home win please. Sorry for the latesness again, and i am now slipping down the table like a something!

Hoepfully I will now be able to contribute earlier and get back to winning ways!

Here is to a winning weel-best of luck all PUP''s

Sorry & Thankyou...

Sorry but you have lost on your first choice..... :Pbut seriousy, its not a done deal, Almeria are fairly good, and they are really good at defending, and they beat Madid last season.....But other than that .......

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Graham and Billy Dixon we have...

1/5 Real Madrid
1/2 Mansfield
1/4 Oxford
4/7 Llanelli
1/4 PSV
3/10 Arsenal

Which will win for the Academy £47.46p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £34.57. Now this is a massive difference and just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Graham. These are excellent picks and all us PUPs are willing them in.

So now it’s "game on" and we start with Llanelli at 2:30, Arsenal, Mansfield and Oxford kick off at 3pm then Real Madrid this evening. Hopefully we will be undefeated over night and the excitement will carry on to Sunday lunchtime for PSV’s game at Waalwijk.

Good luck everyone…..[:)]...........

Bah!That''s rather annoying. One half-decent penalty away from being in with a shout still. Ho hum. Looks like we''re going to have to wait a little longer then...

Unlucky Graham. I thought you had it in the bag with your excellent selections. There''s always at least one for the bookie!

Looks like the Free bet ain''t settled this week!

That was cruel Graham. I really thought we were getting back to winning ways this week. Mansfield let me down on my line too. It''s a shame, you really do deserve to have a winning week after what will probably be three near misses now.

Almeria deserved to win.....

and Ronaldo is a complete tw*t.... firstly after he scored, he ran off by him self and took his shirt off (it was Huiguian who made the goal, very well...) then when he gets fouled, he just kicks the other player, he doesn''t deserve to play football... (oh he also pretty much dived for the pen...which he missed....)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

Almeria deserved to win.....

and Ronaldo is a complete tw*t.... firstly after he scored, he ran off by him self and took his shirt off (it was Huiguian who made the goal, very well...) then when he gets fouled, he just kicks the other player, he doesn''t deserve to play football... (oh he also pretty much dived for the pen...which he missed....)

[/quote]Completely agree bro, I remember at least 4 times last season, he got tackled and kicked out at the player, he thinks hes god! Hes just a big headed knob. Messi however, seems a nice enough fella to me.

All that maybe so. But I just had to go check the result and I find that Real Madrid won 4-2. Which was the result we wanted. Or would have wanted if Mansfield had put away that penalty. If PSV win tomorrow I think this will be one of the most unlucky weeks ever for us PUPs and especially Graham.

Really tough luck Graham.

When was the last winning week Eddie, it surely wasn''t mine was it?  We are certainly well overdue a win.

How does this season compare so far with previous seasons - number of winning weeks compared to number of weeks?

We started off so brightly this season, but have been hit with some wretched luck.  I''m sure December will bring at least one winning week - the Festive Spirit will shine on us.

We certainly shouldn''t let this bad luck dampen our spirits[:)][Y]

The last winning week was indeed yours Richard. But this season nearly mirrors last season so far. It''s uncanny really! Last season we won 3 times (£189) by mid October but then we went right through to mid March without winning again!! We then proceeded to win four more times in the last two months and the total for the season was £397. This season we have already won 4 times but a slightly less amount, £148. And we seem to have hit a bad patch at exactly the same time. But we have been so close I''m sure we won''t be waiting ''til mid March to win again.

With the Monday result now in I can post the latest stats.

After last weeks disaster this was a great week for us PUPs. 58 picked this week with 51 getting their selections correct making a success rate of 88% which is the best I can ever remember. In all we managed to give Graham 28 different selections to consider of which 21 (75%) were correct. Tremendous stuff and it was only the cruelest luck with that penalty that stopped Graham producing a winning week with those brilliant naps you all gave him. Thanks again Graham, it really was a great effort and I hope you get another chance to finally go one better.

Well done to Statto for his winning debut[Y] And Michael Bailey''s first nap of the season was also a winner.[Y] You are both on 100% (1/1) and there is still time for you to feature on our table before the season ends.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. Mr. Bump carries on relentlessly on 100% with the chasing pack waiting for a mistake to rejoin him at the top.

Welcome back to the table Jellytot[Y]

Mr. Bump 18-18 100
Fonejacker 17-18 94
Graham Humphrey 17-18 94
Til 1010 17-18 94
Delia''s Devonshire.. 16-17 94
MacDougall''s perm 10-11 91
Beauseant 16-18 89
NCFC_Shaun 16-18 89
NCFCStar 16-18 89
Norfolkbroadslim 16-18 89
Hughesy 15-18 83