Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week eighteen of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend Graham Humphrey in charge and making the final selections. Now Graham’s been in the form of his life this season. He is currently joint second in our PUPs League with sixteen correct picks from seventeen weeks. Graham even managed to find a correct nap last weekend when we encountered our most difficult week ever. Graham is also another of our proud PUPs who always makes the Pickers Meets where he’s always good company. In all Graham is another great example of the spirit that our much loved friend Ray  brought to this message board. However he will still need all our help if he is to be successful in raising more funds for FONCY. So it’s up to all us PUPs to give him our very best nap to help our beloved club.

I know some of you sometimes are unsure if a selection is ok to be made. A simple rule of thumb would be if you are unsure just check if there is a price for the game on either Boyle Sports or Ladbrokes web sites.

I do hope I have pasted those links correctly, they look a bit weird to me[:S]

Now when I did the PUPs League this week I made a mistake![:O] [;)] But luckily the PUP who I didn’t credit with the winning pick PM’d me and told me. Now that’s what I would like you all to do. Because I made a similar mistake last season and it only came to light because the PUP let me know. So I don’t mind if you tell me on the thread or by PM or even email or call me. But please do tell me, because there’s no point in having a league if it’s not accurate.

I went to Southend last night and I was well proud to see Chris Martin, Korey Smith, Tom Adeyemi and Luke Daley all on the pitch together. Korey Smith scored a goal and Luke Daley won the penalty. There is no doubt that FONCY’s continual fundraising has much to do with this and all us PUPs should be proud to have played our part.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Graham now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Graham... the free bet is yours.........[:)]..............

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -
Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £755 for the Academy,so far.

Good Luck Graham, and all the PUP''s.  Last week was an absolute shocker for pretty much everyone, so here''s hoping we get back to winning ways once again.I''m going to head to the Championship this weekend where I thoroughly expect:Newcastle to beat WatfordGood luck once again Graham, you need it after last weekend!!

Nottingham Forest (4th) vs Leicester (3rd)

DRAW!!!

i just had to, i also think that leeds huddersfield will be a draw!!

NOTTINGHAM FOREST VS LEICESTER CITY

---------------------DRAW------------------------

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Nottingham Forest (4th) vs Leicester (3rd)

DRAW!!!

i just had to, i also think that leeds huddersfield will be a draw!!

NOTTINGHAM FOREST VS LEICESTER CITY

---------------------DRAW------------------------

[/quote]

Good Luck Graham,

i lost my 2 draw streak so needed to start again, i realise that this pick is slightly bending the rules by choosing a game that kicks off at 13:00 but if i want to get astrodynes record i just got''a pick the draw [;)]

Good Luck Graham Humph - I''m sure things will be much better in December for us PUP''s than they were in November, so many results going against us and so many personal records being smashed must have made Nov 2009 the worst month in PUP history!

My nap this week is Welshpool Town v LLANELLI - AWAY WIN.

Lets make December a winning month, and make Billy have Turkey burgers for xmas lunch!

Leedscanary

PS - Nutty, it may be worth putting the dates for the festive period of picking on your next few opening posts in the run up to xmas. The fixture list gets a bit hectic, and for the real form followers it gives an opportunity to plan ahead,etc.

I''ll stay with the Bundesliga this week for a Sunday game:

SCHALKE04 - v - Hertha Berlin............HOME WIN

Good  Luck Graham and all you lovely PUPs[:D][Y]

Right Graham, good luck for this week and I''m going to start my revival this week - I can now hear NN saying "about time too" this week as ever i''m always looking for an english league game with better than 1/7 odds

Derby County V West Bromwich Albion Away Win

Good luck to you all this week especially Mr H

Note to self: Avoid picking a team on a seven game drawing run....Ths pick may not be too popular with  gingerpele, but I can only see one winner here, and Real will want to get back to winning ways after El Clasico. So......Real Madrid vs Almeria - home winGood luck Graham Humphrey!

Nothing in the major leagues really takes my fancy this weekend.

I fancy a trip to Bulgaria where a very good bet for a home banker should be -

Liteks Lovetch vs. Sportist Svoge - Liteks to win.

Liteks are top of the table and have won their last 5 home games.  Sportist are 3rd from bottom and have the worst away record in the whole league, drawing 1 and losing 5 of 6 away matches so far this season.

My nap this week is Liteks

Good luck everyone, best of luck Graham[:)][Y]

Good luck Graham.Good evening Nutty.After losing my 100% record last week i hope to get the train back on the tracks this week with OXFORD to win at home to Ebbsfleet.

I too am plumping for Oxford to beat Ebbsfleet.  Although Ebbsfleet have picked up a couple of results recently, I think Oxford will be too strong for them.

Oxford Utd - v- Ebbsfleet    HOME WIN

Good Luck to Graham and all the jolly, mince-pie eating, bonkers PUPs  [<:o)][;)][:P]

P.S.  Thanks Nutty!!  [;)]

[quote user="leedscanary"]

PS - Nutty, it may be worth putting the dates for the festive period of picking on your next few opening posts in the run up to xmas. The fixture list gets a bit hectic, and for the real form followers it gives an opportunity to plan ahead,etc.

[/quote]

That''s good thinking Kev[Y]

Although it''s not quite such a problem this year as Boxing Day is a Saturday. So it will be Sat 26th and Sat 2nd Jan. We have young Fellas picking for Boxing Day so I think it''s best if I open the thread on Tuesday 22nd and we get our selections in a day early so Fellas can do the final selections on Christmas Eve if he wants. I''ll take care of it whatever he decides. And then we have Hissing Sid in charge at New Year but again the games are on the Saturday.

After last weeks debacle, I''m off to the Premier League this week, I offer for your perusal...

Arsenal v Stoke - Home Win

Can''t see anything other than Arsenal bouncing back from a tough week here.

Good luck Graham H and indeed all PUPs.

Best of luck Graham and all fellow PUPS.

Here''s one that should come in, but I wouldn''t mind if it actually went pear shaped ;-)

However, after Tuesday night, I really can''t see past CHARLTON vs SOUTHEND - Home win.

I am on an awful run of form having picked four consecutive losers in November. In an attempt to get back to winning ways I have gone to Austria where Rapid Vienna with home form of W7 D1 L0 F25 A7 entertain Kapfenberg who''s away form is W1 D2 L5 F5 A 21.

Rapid Vienna   V   Kapfenberg   Home Win

Good luck Graham[Y]

Liteks Lovetch vs. Sportist Svoge

Liteks just beat the side second from bottom 5-0 at home, Sportist are third from bottom and should suffer a similar fate.

Well, this weekend is the big one for me. One half of my relationship (me) is yellow and green, while the other half is a season ticket holder at Oldham. We''re travelling down to watch the match together; I''m in the home end, she''s got a ticket in the away end. I hope my relationship is still intact by Monday!

This game is all I can really think about at the moment so I''m going for NORWICH vs Oldham - HOME WIN.

Good luck to Graham and all you PUPs [Y]