Sign in to follow this  
nolegs

Sutton to sign

A friend who has just bet me 5 pints that this is true,and reckons his source is uninpeachable.States that Chris Sutton is lined up for an on the pitch signing at the Liverpool match.

I would dearly love to buy the man 5 pints!

This rumour will not die.

I am not sure how happy I would be if this came true, he hs hardly been in top form for Celtic recently. Dont get me wrong, he is a legend and I have had a lot of happy times watching him play in yellow and green but is he right for us now??????

[quote]This rumour will not die. I am not sure how happy I would be if this came true, he hs hardly been in top form for Celtic recently. Dont get me wrong, he is a legend and I have had a lot of happy time...[/quote]

Is he right for us now??? Yes he is. I''d be over the moon if this were true. The bloke is class, always was - he''d be class for us again. Exactly what we need.Oh, Merry Xmas by the way.

Chris Sutton  is a tall 6`3  striker  who can now play in all positions ...... he`s had some injury probs  which  lowered his cv last year , but  now is the time for him to come back to Carrow rd  and team up with  Hucks ...........  Sutton  usually gets it on target , I would certainly  welcome him back !

[quote]A friend who has just bet me 5 pints that this is true,and reckons his source is uninpeachable.States that Chris Sutton is lined up for an on the pitch signing at the Liverpool match. I would dearly ...[/quote]

As you are a very respected poster, well, I like your posts anyway, I''ll tone it down a bit. 

There isn''t a cat in hells chance of this happening!.

Yes, I''d be the first to go bonkers if it did, Chris is still a brilliant player. But on many Celtic sites and sky tv, he states time and time again, that he ain''t going nowhere!. He''s far too happy and settled there.

He would also be too expensive for City, both in wages and transfer fees, even if he did become available.

In fact, if this happens, I''ll eat my little pointy hat (again!) and stick my wand where the sun doesn''t shine!. 

I''d have a strong word with your ''source'', if I were you my friend.

I wouldnt want him.....Yeh he was good & at the first chance he got he left a sinking ship! Oh before everyone starts screaming at me saying im not a city suporter for saying this,yes i do remember the finacial state we were in at that time,before and for many years after.

He was no different to all the rest,Mills, Fleck , Marshall , Bruce ,Watson ,Walker.The list is endless of those who thought the grss was greener the other side!

Err, TwoSheds, if i remember rightly, Sutton never asked or wanted to leave. Chase basically set up an auction for the highest bidder and that was Blackburn. He had only just signed a new contract a couple of months before!

Anyway, the fact is that the grass probably was greener on the other side, when Chase was in charge.

Thats right No Legs,but i never said he wanted to go,but at the end of the day they are all money orientated and contracts dont mean a damm thing.Remember Flecky just driving out the gates and heading for Rangers?

It makes me sick,if i was younger and had the talent i would play for City for nothing!

[quote]Thats right No Legs,but i never said he wanted to go,but at the end of the day they are all money orientated and contracts dont mean a damm thing.Remember Flecky just driving out the gates and heading...[/quote]

If Flecky was haeding for rangers then he must haev made a wrong turn and ended up at Chelsea

Why is everyone in a desperate rush to sign Sutton? Yes, he WAS good, but he''s too old now and would be a waste of money. Can you imagine how he''d have been today, in a race for a ball with Ledley King? Or up against most other central defenders? Let''s go for someone who''s hungry to play AND can stick the ball in the back of the net.

Link nr9

Like who?... I''d much rather see CS back at Carrow road than waste a load of dosh on an over priced & unproven fizzy league striker ie Ashton or Harewood. Someone of Suttons quality has in the past & is still continuing to score on a regular basis at the highest level, yes I know that the scottish prem'' is inferior to our english but that said he has everything in his game that our current strikers lack, Vision, first touch, powerful in the air, strong with either foot & has an eye for goal, he would score 10-15 goals between now & end of season no question!, even if its only a short term fix, it offers a genuine chance of tipping the balance in our favor in what is turning into an increasingly 4 or 5 horse race with WBA, Crystal Palace, South''on, Us & to a lesser extent i feel Blckburn. Im still optomistic that we will just avoid the drop, but it will go right to the wire & I think that it maybe possible to stay up with a very low points haul - 36 maybe, fingers Crossed!!

Remember Sutton at Chelsea? Shite tbh. He was good 10 years ago, but not anymore.

Much rather bring in someone like Ashton (if we could get the cash)

I would rather sign a player for the future rather than a player from yesterday. If he was not an ex-ity legend I doubt anyone would want to sign him. His fee wuld be 1mil plus, his wages high, he is often injured and we would only get a season and a half of questionable quality out of him.

If Sutton came back he could be another Fleck.

ps, before you all start jumping on me I would love it if we signed him and he proved me wrong.

I''m sorry to put a dampner on this one but, although I''d be overjoyed to see it happen, I can''t see it:

1. Why would Celtic accept a bid which we could scrape together.  I''m sure it would be under £2M.  Why would they let their top striker leave for peanuts?
  2. Could we afford his wages?  I very much doubt it.
  3. Would he want to leave the glory of Celtic and Europe for a relegation battle?  Perhaps, I know he still comes back to Norfolk and has ties here but it''s a hell of a downsize.

I think my first point will be the stumbling block though

Although I''m generally in agreement with you DD you''ve got one point a bit wrong. Celtic aren''t in Europe anymore this season. They are out completely - not even in the UEFA Cup. Rangers are also out completely which proves again - if it ever did need proving - just how sh**e Scottish football is.

The only reason I can see for Sutton possibly coming back is if he fancies one last crack at the Premiership........but I do agree that its pretty unlikely.

[quote]I''m sorry to put a dampner on this one but, although I''d be overjoyed to see it happen, I can''t see it: Why would Celtic accept a bid which we could scrape together. I''m sure it would be under £2M....[/quote]

Hi DD,

I think you will find that Hartson is their top forward (and the top forward in Scotland) with 15 League goals, Camara is seconed with 8 League goals and then comes Sutton with 7 League goals.

I dont think Sutton is worth over 1mil. My view is based on the fact that on new years eve I will be celebrating the start of the year 2005 rather than 1995.

What about Johnson from Notts forest??- point to proove in the prem, will not want to stay on a sinking ship, forest will need the money and to cut their wage bill, he is pacy and seriously feisty, which is the attitude we need in this league!!!

He''s not the be all and end all, but I think he could be very useful!!