Sign in to follow this  
They need to EARN the right to play us

The demise of "The Morgan Effect"

Lambo has picked players that have, at one time or another, been in our youth system, in every position:

Rudd

Francomb Spillane Stephens Drury

Daley Smith Adeyemi (or Russell) Dawkin

Martin Cureton

and when could we last claim that? OK it''s a long time since Jamie was tearing up the South East Counties league, and since Drury followed to Carson to Posh but even so - it''s as if Sammy never happened.

I''d back the above team to hold their own in this league.

Was Drury in our youth system?  I thought we got him from Peterborough, but it might well be he started here before going on to "better things".

You cheeky bugger! I read this, as it''s my surname, and thought " Ok, I''m short, slightly overwieght, the hair is thinning, and I''ve got a bad back, but this is just about the limit!"

Thankfully, I can still sort of hold my head high-ish, and maybe Mrs Morgan (aka Mrs Steeno''s warm-up) can still keep the faith with me!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Was Drury in our youth system?  I thought we got him from Peterborough, but it might well be he started here before going on to "better things".

[/quote]

Drury was part of our youth system as was Etherington (now Stoke) and Davies (now ?).

To think we also gave Bullard (Hull) a run out in our reserves as he was let go by West Ham United before he joined the Posh too.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Was Drury in our youth system?  I thought we got him from Peterborough, but it might well be he started here before going on to "better things".

[/quote]

Drury was part of our youth system as was Etherington (now Stoke) and Davies (now ?).

To think we also gave Bullard (Hull) a run out in our reserves as he was let go by West Ham United before he joined the Posh too.

[quote user="The Duke"]We gave Beckham a trial as a youth but wasnt taken on![/quote]

dont believe everything you read on flown from the nest!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="The Duke"]We gave Beckham a trial as a youth but wasnt taken on![/quote]

[/quote]

This has also been proven a couple of years ago in a newspaper (cant remember which one)

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

This has also been proven a couple of years ago in a newspaper (cant remember which one)

[/quote]

IIRC Beckham came to a training camp of sorts here when he was about 10, but was already on Man Utd''s books and there was never any chance of him signing for us (and never will be!)

[/quote]

[/quote]

IIRC Beckham came to a training camp of sorts here when he was about 10, but was already on Man Utd''s books and there was never any chance of him signing for us (and never will be!)

[/quote]

[/quote]