Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Classic Canary Call

Anyone else getting annoyed with this ''Tony'' who seems to call every week. Why do they keep letting this boring old sod on?

He''s getting a good 5-10 mins airing every week without really having anything interesting to say or ask and seems to believe he''s some sort of weekly ''guest caller''.

Time to vet the switchboard methinks.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Anyone else getting annoyed with this ''Tony'' who seems to call every week. Why do they keep letting this boring old sod on?

He''s getting a good 5-10 mins airing every week without really having anything interesting to say or ask and seems to believe he''s some sort of weekly ''guest caller''.

[/quote]

Maybe not too many City fans actually call into Looney Hour.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not in the area so cant listen, but im assuming Canary call mirrors the message boards. When we are winning no one really comes on, but when we lose all hell breaks loose.

Tony is getting his own show, end of problem.

What about the endless procession of miserable gits worrying about us selling Holt, Hoolahan, Russell, et all.

And now worrying about the manager going to manage Scotland.

Last season was easier, everyone was rubbish and we had no problems losing anyone. apart from games obviously.

[quote user="dreamteam"]

What about the endless procession of miserable gits worrying about us selling Holt, Hoolahan, Russell, et all.

Last season was easier, everyone was rubbish and we had no problems losing anyone. apart from games obviously.

[/quote]What I can''t understand is why anyone thinks he would want the Scotland job?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="dreamteam"]

[/quote]

What I can''t understand is why anyone thinks he would want the Scotland job?
[/quote]

All the haggis you  can eat is quite a temptation, even if it''s not cooked by Delia.

GJL .. I nearly started a seperate thread on this very issue. He gets on and then asks loads of banal questions (Do you think we will catch Leeds Nailll? ) for about 15 minutes. I was driving home from the game and after his third pointless question I nearly drifted off to sleep at Attleborough. The same thing happened on another phone in recently.

"Tony" is either a filler for Radio Norfolk because they are waiting for an interview OR they really only get 5 people contacting the show. Either way I would prefer some light music or a round up the Bury And District Football Scores rather than listen to his monotone drivell.

Personally I think it is the programme directors Father In Law.

I''m gald I''m not the only one getting the hump about this...

I was going to start a thread on this idiot too. I wait every week for his appearance and time it because he droans on so long it feels as if he''s on for hours but certainly gets his fair share of air time.. Neil usually has to cut into what he''s saying to get rid of him - given the opportunity he''d be on there for the whole show. If you are reading this ''Tony'' - do us all a favour and keep your boring comments and thoughts to yourself before one day when i''m driving home you cause me to doze off behind the wheel, thanks :)

i havent really got much to say myself, part from excellent squad, loving the season so far, and kets keep it going until the end of the season. i think people should stop moaning, makes you totally ungrateful for what lambert is doing with the club. 

Paul lambert is going nowhere, he doesnt want the scotland job, he made it clear, end of convo. who would want it, scotland with any manager they have, they never make it to big competitions, they aint as good as England, get over it

It''s one of those oddities in life that with City doing so well apparently Radio Norfolk are only receiving a small fraction of the calls they have received in the last few seasons. Therefore if you ring up, however stupid your point or question might be, you''ll get on.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not in the area so cant listen, but im assuming Canary call mirrors the message boards. When we are winning no one really comes on, but when we lose all hell breaks loose.
[/quote]

Not so fast.........why should you escape ?

We listeners insist that you log on to the Radio Norfolk website and use their '' Listen Again '' facility so in future you''ll be able to enjoy it too.

And don''t think we won''t know if you haven''t........there''ll be a test later!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not in the area so cant listen, but im assuming Canary call mirrors the message boards. When we are winning no one really comes on, but when we lose all hell breaks loose.
[/quote]

If you get yourself an IPHONE you can, and log on to sky by mobile it works a treat,  

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]It''s one of those oddities in life that with City doing so well apparently Radio Norfolk are only receiving a small fraction of the calls they have received in the last few seasons. Therefore if you ring up, however stupid your point or question might be, you''ll get on.[/quote]

I now call it "One Flew over The Cuckoo''s Nest Syndrome" [;)]

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]dont knock tony hes a home and away fanatic you should here him at a game unlike some of you on here who critise but never go to a game[/quote]though some of us did go to school

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]mister chops this is the way we were taught grammer in suffolk just have problems getting my seven fingers per hand over the key board[/quote]Is that the way they taught you to spell also?OT,although in a way a related subject,anyone else seen the the sign at the Diss roundabout on the A140 displaying the legend: ''CHRISTMAS REAVES FOR SALE £5.00?'' -Classic! 

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]mister chops this is the way we were taught grammer in suffolk just have problems getting my seven fingers per hand over the key board[/quote]Excellent! [H]

I was the person answering the calls about two years ago at Radio Norfolk- during the Grant/Roeder period. It was very frustrating, when we were doing badly it was difficult to answer all the calls there were so many. When we started doing well under Roeder (if you can remember that part of his tenure) the calls dropped dramatically to a point it was just the same 10 people calling in.Very frustrating due to programming reasons. It is always nice to get a general balance of opinions over the hour but majority of callers were all the negative ones. People seem to be much more interested to call in and vent their anger and then drink to their happiness instead of calling in when we won. I would do the same!