Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

We could get trounced on Tuesday!

I''m seriously worried about Boro away.  Really worried. 

Our squad just isn''t deep enough or good enough to cope with this kind of injury crisis.  If, worst case scenario, the team which finished yesterday starts at Boro, they are going to be knackered!  Absolutely shattered.  They ran their hearts out yesterday, they really did. 

I felt we just ran out of steam after about an hour.  And I''m not pointing fingers here.  The substitutions Worthy made were good, players played well, hell even Helveg had a good game! It''s just that I''m not 100% sure that some of our "squad players" are good enough to start games in the Premiership.  I''m sorry but thats just my personal opinion.  On our bench at Boro we could have Lewis, Shacks, Jarvis and Crow!  I know they all have talent, but thats a bloody young bench.

When Spurs scored yesterday in my frustration I shouted out, "Aauugghh I HATE this f****g league!"  Of course I don''t and this was a moment of frustration.  But in the 1st Div, if we had missed that many chances and been on top for that long in the game, we would have won it.  I suppose I''m just not used to being the little fish in the big pond again.

With our awful luck with injuries, small squad, Christmas, travelling a bloody long way and tiredness I''m seriously concerned for Tuesday.

Never mind, we''ll stay up.  I''m sure 

DDIM -I too share your worries especially as Middlesborough got beat yesterday and McClaren was not a happy man which is going to make our task even harder.  I too said to the chap next to me when their second goal went in that I cant wait for this season to end as it certainly is not bringing us any joy at all up until now. 

I thourhgt we were unlucky to not go in at half time at least two goals up but thought in the second half from about the 60th minute that we were poor and did not look like getting anything from the game as Tottenham gradually started to take the upper hand and were forcing corners etc which eventually led to their first goal.  I hate to say it but I do not believe we will stay up as I just do not think that the quality is there and if it comes to a last few games battling against one or two clubs at the bottom would feel that our inexperience in this league would then let us down.

the good thing about the team is that whatever the cirumstances they will work their socks of and try so so hard. I cant see us getting anything but it wont be easy for Boro, they will have to work for it