Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Believe me, City Do Have a New Invester!

When this idea was merged with a McNally thread this morning, the original concept was totally buried amongst unrelated stuff.

IMO, this is a seperate matter and should be debated as such, and no where mods do I even mention McNally!

So lets examine the evidence............again.

Accounts put back for a rigorous overhall:

City officials had already confirmed that the annual meeting''s postponement is down to a "rigorous review" of the club''s operations and it is believed a similar reason lies behind the delay in Norwich''s accounts arriving at Companies House.

Filing the accounts late with the registrar is a far less serious matter for the club than doing similar with its tax return; City have until next May to complete that ritual.

But the Canaries are still likely to be on the end of a fine, which amounts to £1,500 if the accounts arrive between one and three months late. Then there will be the hit to City''s credit rating - however that, along with the modest fine, is unlikely to have a significant effect on the club''s restructuring plans which officials at Carrow Road would admit are taking precedence.

Ian Fitch, partner at Norwich chartered accountants firm Larking Gowen, said: "Accounts are one of the many factors that contribute to a company''s credit rating and late accounts, of course, are not helpful.

"But in the short-term it is unlikely to make any difference to the club''s existing supplier relationships, which are no doubt well managed. Businesses sometimes file accounts late for strategic reasons."

Those reasons could involve trying to secure extra finance as part of the club''s financial restructuring, something which looks likely to be clarified at the Canaries'' annuual meeting next year

Trust me, if the Board are willing to take a fine, a dent to the clubs credit rating, not selling key players,  giving Paul Lambert a transfer budget and are not running around like headless chickens over that Essex -pub team..........then somethings afoot.

NEW INVESTMENT!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

When this idea was merged with a McNally thread this morning, the original concept was totally buried amongst unrelated stuff.

IMO, this is a seperate matter and should be debated as such, and no where mods do I even mention McNally!

City officials had already confirmed that the annual meeting''s postponement is down to a "rigorous review" of the club''s operations and it is believed a similar reason lies behind the delay in Norwich''s accounts arriving at Companies House.

Filing the accounts late with the registrar is a far less serious matter for the club than doing similar with its tax return; City have until next May to complete that ritual.

But the Canaries are still likely to be on the end of a fine, which amounts to £1,500 if the accounts arrive between one and three months late. Then there will be the hit to City''s credit rating - however that, along with the modest fine, is unlikely to have a significant effect on the club''s restructuring plans which officials at Carrow Road would admit are taking precedence.

Ian Fitch, partner at Norwich chartered accountants firm Larking Gowen, said: "Accounts are one of the many factors that contribute to a company''s credit rating and late accounts, of course, are not helpful.

"But in the short-term it is unlikely to make any difference to the club''s existing supplier relationships, which are no doubt well managed. Businesses sometimes file accounts late for strategic reasons."

Those reasons could involve trying to secure extra finance as part of the club''s financial restructuring, something which looks likely to be clarified at the Canaries'' annuual meeting next year

Trust me, if the Board are willing to take a fine, a dent to the clubs credit rating, not selling key players,  giving Paul Lambert a transfer budget and are not running around like headless chickens over that Essex -pub team..........then somethings afoot.

NEW INVESTMENT!

[/quote]

NEW INVESTMENT!

[/quote]

I hate saying this but I agree with what Blah copied from me!![:D]

Wiz there is no new investment yet. This is purely debt restructuring, find the lady work.

Answers prepared before the questions.

So don''t go giving yourself another nasty turn of excitement!![:D]

Go back to hex''s and leave future telling to Mystic Meg.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Wiz there is no new investment yet. This is purely debt restructuring, find the lady work.

[/quote]

That''s a much more plausible solution. However, it doesn''t justify starting your own thread or positioning yourself to say "I told you first!"[:)]

[/quote]

As you''re a respected poster on here Butler, I''d normally agree with you, but its the quote in red, coupled with THAT rumour of mine which has got my hopes up:

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

That''s a much more plausible solution. However, it doesn''t justify starting your own thread or positioning yourself to say "I told you first!"[:)]

[/quote]

The mods have the power to credit Micky Mouse with this thread Beauseant, I care not..............as long as the context is labelled under the New Investor title.

Its that title which will attract replies, not the author!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

As you''re a respected poster on here Butler, I''d normally agree with you, but its the quote in red, coupled with THAT rumour of mine which has got my hopes up:

[/quote]Surely that could be something as simple as a new bank loan or shifting

our existing ones elsewhere?  Ideally I''d like nice weathly person to

chuck some cash in but I don''t think its likely in the current climate.

: /

[quote user="Christov"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely that could be something as simple as a new bank loan or shifting our existing ones elsewhere?  Ideally I''d like nice weathly person to chuck some cash in but I don''t think its likely in the current climate. : /
[/quote]

Esp not when the club is not even up for sale.

[quote user="barclaybabe"]nothing is going to happen, we are just controlling our debts and getting rid of them thats all[/quote]

How are ''we getting rid of them''?

OTBC

[quote user="barclaybabe"]nothing is going to happen, we are just controlling our debts and getting rid of them thats all[/quote]What? all 14m odd pound of them?

[/quote]

Do you think the new lot are smart enough to prepare answers for all the questions?

OTBC

City officials had already confirmed that the annual meeting''s postponement is down to a "rigorous review" of the club''s operations and it is believed a similar reason lies behind the delay in Norwich''s accounts arriving at Companies House.Filing the accounts late with the registrar is a far less serious matter for the club than doing similar with its tax return; City have until next May to complete that ritual.But the Canaries are still likely to be on the end of a fine, which amounts to £1,500 if the accounts arrive between one and three months late. Then there will be the hit to City''s credit rating - however that, along with the modest fine, is unlikely to have a significant effect on the club''s restructuring plans which officials at Carrow Road would admit are taking precedence.Ian Fitch, partner at Norwich chartered accountants firm Larking Gowen, said: "Accounts are one of the many factors that contribute to a company''s credit rating and late accounts, of course, are not helpful. "But in the short-term it is unlikely to make any difference to the club''s existing supplier relationships, which are no doubt well managed. Businesses sometimes file accounts late for strategic reasons."Those reasons could involve trying to secure extra finance as part of the club''s financial restructuring, something which looks likely to be clarified at the Canaries'' annuual meeting next year

NEW INVESTMENT!

[/quote]Pure conjecture Wiz and the article says clearly that a fine and credit rating knock is minimal and of no real significance to the club.Following the Cullum debacle and the EDP''s gross media prostitution of a very loose story, I now ignore all rumour and speculation and I dont bat an eyelid until someone signs on the dotted line.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wiz, Old luvvie, you are doing it again.

You are saying we ''do have a new invester!'' - I''m not even gonna be the spelling police !!!

Then you say this is based on YOUR interpretation of a quote you have seen, and, a rumour you have heard.

Much as we would all hope this to be true, until I read ''New investment found'' on the back of the EDP, it''s all pure speculation. Which if it''s proven to be wrong you will get flamed (again).

Stragely enough I think Old Wiz may have took a plausable bite here. True, our hopes of Investement may be deflated but the use of such termanology is particularly unusual. I have been praying for investment for 6 years. Why would I stop now? Just the term "extra Finance" hepls me. If It doesnt help you than you are quite simply stupid? :)

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="First Wizard"]

City officials had already confirmed that the annual meeting''s postponement is down to a "rigorous review" of the club''s operations and it is believed a similar reason lies behind the delay in Norwich''s accounts arriving at Companies House.Filing the accounts late with the registrar is a far less serious matter for the club than doing similar with its tax return; City have until next May to complete that ritual.But the Canaries are still likely to be on the end of a fine, which amounts to £1,500 if the accounts arrive between one and three months late. Then there will be the hit to City''s credit rating - however that, along with the modest fine, is unlikely to have a significant effect on the club''s restructuring plans which officials at Carrow Road would admit are taking precedence.Ian Fitch, partner at Norwich chartered accountants firm Larking Gowen, said: "Accounts are one of the many factors that contribute to a company''s credit rating and late accounts, of course, are not helpful. "But in the short-term it is unlikely to make any difference to the club''s existing supplier relationships, which are no doubt well managed. Businesses sometimes file accounts late for strategic reasons."Those reasons could involve trying to secure extra finance as part of the club''s financial restructuring, something which looks likely to be clarified at the Canaries'' annuual meeting next year

NEW INVESTMENT!

[/quote][/quote]Getting the olde Post count up ay Tom? [;)] 2 Sneaky ones there. Bravo my friend. [Y]

If there is a logical link between postponing the publication of accounts for a financial year that ended six months ago and the possibility of investment arriving in the future (for the next set of accounts) then I''m afraid it has escaped me.There may be investment coming, but that is not in itself a reason to delay the 2009 accounts.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If there is a logical link between postponing the publication of accounts for a financial year that ended six months ago and the possibility of investment arriving in the future (for the next set of accounts) then I''m afraid it has escaped me.

There may be investment coming, but that is not in itself a reason to delay the 2009 accounts.[/quote]

Will the accounts be ''disclosed'' before, or after, the AGM?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If there is a logical link between postponing the publication of accounts for a financial year that ended six months ago and the possibility of investment arriving in the future (for the next set of accounts) then I''m afraid it has escaped me.There may be investment coming, but that is not in itself a reason to delay the 2009 accounts.[/quote]

[/quote]After, to save a heated debate[:D]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If there is a logical link between postponing the publication of accounts for a financial year that ended six months ago and the possibility of investment arriving in the future (for the next set of accounts) then I''m afraid it has escaped me.There may be investment coming, but that is not in itself a reason to delay the 2009 accounts.[/quote]

[/quote]By law, either at or before the AGM, because shareholders have the right to vote on them. In practice this should mean some time in advance, so shareholders can go through them with a fine-toothed comb.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember you saying back in the summer that we would be in admin by the end of July. You''ll therefore forgive me if I regard what you say as total nonsense.

Surely this quote comes from either an accountant not related with the club or an EDP journo. This aren''t words coming from McNally or a board member.

It''s in the EDP''s interest to get us all salivating over the idea of magical investment but at the end of the day only a select few know what is truly happening and they aren''t talking.

I also seem to remember there being a lot of talk about Foulger investing in the club in the summer, most of which was based on a few vague quotes and making assumptions.

At the end of the day, we are all so desperate to see investment we will put out hopes on any small grain of hope. Like the way everyone took Delia''s obviously jokey and sarcastic comments at the RNS to be the promise of money, when it was clearly an off the cuff remark.

From what is being said by McNally we aren''t about to start selling off the silverware and can manage without selling off players for at least this season.

[quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"][quote user="barclaybabe"]nothing is going to happen, we are just controlling our debts and getting rid of them thats all[/quote]

What? all 14m odd pound of them?
[/quote] £19mil [:(]