Sign in to follow this  
Felixfan

Holt goals 19 - Ipswich strikers 19

[quote user="I am a Banana"]there competing against better defences though![/quote]

My thoughts as well.

Cant believe im going to agree with I Am A Banana on this one. They are playing against better defences im afraid. In saying that i still believe Holty could have scored around 10 in the championship by now which is half of that tally!!

[quote user="leedscanary"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]there competing against better defences though![/quote]

BINNER! [:P] [;)]

[/quote]

ha ha [;)] just gota state the obvious! [;)]

sorry to seem really miserable tonight and be really picky, are the ippy goals in all comps or just league? because grant holt has scored 12 league goals i think!

[quote user="Ren"]

My thoughts as well.

[/quote]Yes but they also have more money, and therefore their strikers should be of a quality equal to the defence of the championship

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Ren"]

My thoughts as well.

[/quote]
Yes but they also have more money, and therefore their strikers should be of a quality equal to the defence of the championship
[/quote]but other teams in the league have money to buy better defenders who can tackle and beat ippy strikers in the air and on the ground![;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Ren"]

My thoughts as well.

[/quote]Yes but they also have more money, and therefore their strikers should be of a quality equal to the defence of the championship[/quote]but other teams in the league have money to buy better defenders who can tackle and beat ippy strikers in the air and on the ground![;)][/quote]But I don''t understand - I thought that Marcus Evans was going to spend loads of money on their squad and get a great manager in, to get them promoted this season? At least that''s what they said when they were waving their £10 notes in my direction...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Ren"]

My thoughts as well.

[/quote]
Yes but they also have more money, and therefore their strikers should be of a quality equal to the defence of the championship
[/quote]but other teams in the league have money to buy better defenders who can tackle and beat ippy strikers in the air and on the ground![;)][/quote]

But I don''t understand - I thought that Marcus Evans was going to spend loads of money on their squad and get a great manager in, to get them promoted this season? At least that''s what they said when they were waving their £10 notes in my direction...
[/quote]

i thought it was a 2 year plan to get promoted!

keane did well at sunderland, but did spend £80m and that was to get into the premiership and then stay there but i just dont think ME will give keaneo that much money!

p.s. for a challenge name 5 players keane brought when he was at sunderland (although he spent £80m not many of the players are still there and were worth that money)

You can''t say that...

There championship strikers, against championship defenders, Holt is a league 1 striker, against league 1 defenders....

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Ren"]

My thoughts as well.

[/quote]
[/quote]but other teams in the league have money to buy better defenders who can tackle and beat ippy strikers in the air and on the ground![;)][/quote]

But I don''t understand - I thought that Marcus Evans was going to spend loads of money on their squad and get a great manager in, to get them promoted this season? At least that''s what they said when they were waving their £10 notes in my direction...
[/quote]

i thought it was a 2 year plan to get promoted!

keane did well at sunderland, but did spend £80m and that was to get into the premiership and then stay there but i just dont think ME will give keaneo that much money!

p.s. for a challenge name 5 players keane brought when he was at sunderland (although he spent £80m not many of the players are still there and were worth that money)

[/quote]

It is a 2 year plan to get promoted, it just requires them spending one year getting relegated, so they can get into a league they''re capable of getting promoted from!

You may be a Banana but you''re certainly no Dictionary. 

The word is "They''re"

With regards to the defences in the Championship, yes generally they are - but there are several clubs this year in L1 that are on a par with the Championship.  Leeds, Charlton, Norwich, Huddersfield and Southampton are on a par with Posh, Plymouth, the Binners, Coventry and Derby....which also makes me wonder - could Sammy Cling-on and Wonderwinger Croft could possibly be relegated from the Championship to League 1 in successive seasons with different clubs....

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]

It is a 2 year plan to get promoted, it just requires them spending one year getting relegated, so they can get into a league they''re capable of getting promoted from![/quote]

Classic![B]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Ren"]

My thoughts as well.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But scum do have a great manager, he''s doing a fantastic job keeping them at the foot of the table, that''s got to be applauded [:)]